The discovery thread!
Jul 24, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #83,776 of 103,324
I don't need those cherrys hanging on my ears. Moondrop Littewhite is doing so great. I'm wondering why not many discuss it. :thinking:
Frankly I ignore opportunities of BT-gadgets for music due to unsaffisient SQ. Orthodoxy audiophile use cables and local music :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #83,777 of 103,324
What tracks are you listening to? I've exhausted my limits with the Emily Makis, Sub-Focus Spotify humdrum and could use some new direction
I started with Better Than Gold and just went down a "related artist" rabbit hole from there.

Jul 24, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #83,782 of 103,324
Jul 24, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #83,783 of 103,324
Ugliest forum software ever. Seems like they haven’t updated it in over a decade.
I respect your opinion, but the community is solid. I’m confident in saying that.

Jul 24, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #83,785 of 103,324
Wait what? What happened to AS?

Having sponsored an IEM project in which he collaborated (albeit without compensation, as he declared) led the administrators to place him in a different category of users, in which he does not want to be, for various reasons, including economic ones.

Jul 24, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #83,786 of 103,324
What is that?
Another audio website not controlled with censorship or sponsors.

Wait what? What happened to AS?
He was involved in a new IEM, its not allowed to post about products or brands you are part of without paying fee to Head-Fi. When he opened a new thread for the product, he was changed to Member of the Trade title. And his posts need to be controlled, with longer time before they come out.

Not acceptable for Americanspirit, so he moved website instead.

I respect your opinion, but the community is solid. I’m confident in saying that.
This, good folks. Tightknit community. Many dislikers of Head-Fi.

Jul 24, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #83,787 of 103,324
This, good folks. Tightknit community. Many dislikers of Head-Fi.
Correctamundo. Also, for what it’s worth, I feel like HeadFi hasn’t been updated in close to a decade either. If it has, it’s very subtle. I’ve been a member since 2014 and the forums look pretty much identical. What the hell does that matter anyways? 😅 @Surf Monkey

Jul 24, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #83,788 of 103,324
Interesting you asked. I dug out my Senny HD560S to listen yesterday after watching the video about headphone tuning by Senny. Yes, it is not HE400SE, but close enough in level. Here are some comparisons against IEMs:

• Macro and micro dynamic is naturally strong on HD560S without bass boost. IEM needs to rely on significant bass boost, and if you ask me, I would say they rarely gets that snappy dynamic swings right. Headphone with flat bass response? Snap like no problem.
  • Different perception of stage. The stage is more stretched out than IEM, so less chance for congestion.
  • When it comes to “real” resolution, the HD560s holds up to slightly above Aria, possibly close enough to Blessing 2. I did find myself getting annoyed by the smearing when instruments overlap.
  • (Oh, the HD560S in so shouty. Needed a lot of brain burn in to tolerate)
So, yeah, the tech of HD560S is very good. I don’t think all A$300 IEM can outperform the A$300 HD560S. But something like P8, Variations, Andro, U12t certainly outresolve the HD560S.

Someone can repeat the test with Sundara (A$500)
then the over-ear models can play music with more detail than I expected, at least for the price band. The feeling of pressure is uncomfortable, I can listen to my favorite models for half an hour. good information, thank you. aria is really good options for the $80 band, if it's close to b2 it means that model has really good resolution. If you pay $ 400, you can get good mid-range head models, considering that 400 se is 120 €, I can try it. Does the 560s have a problem with brightness? both are the same price, if the 560s is far from fun, the 400se is a better choice

Jul 24, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #83,790 of 103,324
Why are you writing that to me? I am not part of it. I am just providing a link.

Could there be another reason for you to post this? Do you have a hidden agenda then please say so.

Nope. Just making an observation. Has nothing to do with you and I have no hidden agenda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back