The discovery thread!
Jul 24, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #83,806 of 106,861
I don't know if anyone is looking for one, but the US Amazon store has a Sennheiser IE900 "used-like new" for $829.

Jul 24, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #83,807 of 106,861
The concept of a "honest reviewer" evokes the sentiments of both Don Quixote and a good old tale of H.Ch. Andersen "The Emperor's Cloth".

I have been an adult and a professional in my field when I waisted my money just entering this hobby, based on the reviews out there.

The reviewers are sent free samples because it is a profitable business. Plain simple and irrefutable economics.

Yet, the ever increasing sheer number of aspiring reviewers competiting for the shrinking crumbles of this pie, somewhat like piranhas in a tank, makes me concerned and sad, especially for those purchasing their "TOTLs" like other "influencers' in a faint hope to become like them :frowning2:

Checked the ignored post to see what’s happening. Lo and behold, the usual baseless accusations, ignorant, arrogance, holier-than-thou. Get in the area and prove you can do better.

F6275402-D68E-46C6-8F6D-8E47F9D6504A.jpeg

Jul 24, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #83,808 of 106,861
I don't know if anyone is looking for one, but the US Amazon store has a Sennheiser IE900 "used-like new" for $829.

IMHO the IE600 is better value than IE900, but then again if someone gonna take IE900, i suggest to consider Z1R since I've compared between 2, aside from fit issue which IE900 is much smaller and lighter

Jul 24, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #83,809 of 106,861
IMHO the IE600 is better value than IE900, but then again if someone gonna take IE900, i suggest to consider Z1R since I've compared between 2, aside from fit issue which IE900 is much smaller and lighter
I’m susceptible to marketing. After watching the video by Senny folks about tuning, I want an IE900. I mean, “HD800S on the go” is a killer sale pitch. The only thing I don’t like about IE900 is the A$2600 price tag. Too expensive.

some other fire spitting from Senny:
  • “We think Harman research is useful. It confirms what we already knew 30 years ago with HD600”
  • “Reality check: IE600 does well on Internet forums, but we sell way more IE900” :dt880smile:
Highly recommend watching the video or listening to it on commute or something. A lot of great insights into IEMs and headphone tuning process and target.

Edit: sorry folks, I don’t find IE600 very compelling, besides the Harman-ish tuning. Lovely form factor though.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #83,810 of 106,861
Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #83,811 of 106,861
The concept of a "honest reviewer" evokes the sentiments of both Don Quixote and a good old tale of H.Ch. Andersen "The Emperor's Cloth".

I have been an adult and a professional in my field when I waisted my money just entering this hobby, based on the reviews out there.

The reviewers are sent free samples because it is a profitable business. Plain simple and irrefutable economics.

Yet, the ever increasing sheer number of aspiring reviewers competiting for the shrinking crumbles of this pie, somewhat like piranhas in a tank, makes me concerned and sad, especially for those purchasing their "TOTLs" like other "influencers' in a faint hope to become like them :frowning2:
I see that you’re potentially missing my point in all of this.

Reviewers can receive free samples. That’s fine. That’s their job.

However, it’s the reviewers job to be as objective as possible and not be blatent in recommending said product, let alone giving it a perfect score across the board and claiming it is the second coming of Christ him self, in order to remain integral in this community.

I understand it is impossible to be 100% unbiased when you’re getting a $500 IEM completely for free in exchange for a review, but at least make the review as honest as you can. You have to think that, claiming a certain product whether that be a cable, IEM, source ect. To be literally perfect and without fault and it costing $500+ has to effect ones conscious. At least, it would for me.

I live in the US and while $500 isn’t life changing money for me, it’s certainly a huge amount for me to spend on a single product. Now imagine someone else in a different, less fortunate country where the economy isn’t as strong. $500 is a months salary, potentially more.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #83,812 of 106,861
I’m susceptible to marketing. After watching the video by Senny folks about tuning, I want an IE900. I mean, “HD800S on the go” is a killer sale pitch. The only thing I don’t like about IE900 is the A$2600 price tag. Too expensive.

some other fire spitting from Senny:
  • “We think Harman research is useful. It confirms what we already knew 30 years ago with HD600”
  • “Reality check: IE600 does well on Internet forums, but we sell way more IE900” :dt880smile:
Highly recommend watching the video or listening to it on commute or something. A lot of great insights into IEMs and headphone tuning process and target.

Edit: sorry folks, I don’t find IE600 very compelling, besides the Harman-ish tuning. Lovely form factor though.

I always wanted to try the IE900 because precog said the bass is great, one of the best in IEM world. I'm living to search the best bass around you know that, and yes the bass is really really great, maybe I would get it if I don't have Z1R already, but the Z1R bass is slightly better, in terms of physical impact. But the details and everything coming from single driver is impressive. It's more like EX-1000 if tuned right rather than Z1R, the IE900 have U-shaped tuning with intense of treble too. But again, yeah they are too expensive, for whole package, more over for 1 single driver IEMs that's why I said IE600 is the better value before.
Oh yeah, fit and form are great, they are much lighter than your imagination, "light yet bold" is really good tag for them.
20230423_124939.jpg

Jul 25, 2023 at 12:19 AM Post #83,813 of 106,861
Agreed. I don't love the IE600 sound quality, but I love the fit and comfort, since it's so small but can produce big sound.

For the $350 I paid for it, it's really good. If I paid $500 or God forbid, retail price, I would've been quite upset.

Jul 25, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #83,814 of 106,861
Is it weird to buy Tin T2 in 2023? It have bass roll off, the bass is extremely light, mid is mediocre, treble is sterile and sibilance, but that holographic presentation kinda got me. Maybe i will regraph it and compare to other iem (that i don't currently have)

Jul 25, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #83,815 of 106,861
Is it weird to buy Tin T2 in 2023? It have bass roll off, the bass is extremely light, mid is mediocre, treble is sterile and sibilance, but that holographic presentation kinda got me. Maybe i will regraph it and compare to other iem (that i don't currently have)
If you have an emotional experience with your listening sessions, then you are on the right path. Music is meant to be enjoyed!
I also feel similarly about the BQEYZ Winter. It is not the best technically nor an ideal FR, but the peizo drivers in there just make it somehow 3D and holographic sounding. I still have not found a better out-of-head experience from an IEM.
To me, it is magical, but to many others, they say that the Winter is meh, so ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯ ...

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #83,816 of 106,861
Agreed. I don't love the IE600 sound quality, but I love the fit and comfort, since it's so small but can produce big sound.

For the $350 I paid for it, it's really good. If I paid $500 or God forbid, retail price, I would've been quite upset.

Ah are you one of the lucky few to have gotten the $300ish deal for the Senn IE600 when they made a mistake with the sale price? Congrats!!!

IMHO, the T2 is obsolete in 2023. Notwithstanding the anemic bass, borderline harsh treble and difficult fit, there are a number of cheaper neutral bright IEMs like the Salnotes Zero that beat it today in technicalities.

Is the T2 even available to buy now? I think it was supplanted by the Tin T2 Evo (fail), and Tin T2 Plus (decent).

Jul 25, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #83,818 of 106,861
If you have an emotional experience with your listening sessions, then you are on the right path. Music is meant to be enjoyed!
I also feel similarly about the BQEYZ Winter. It is not the best technically nor an ideal FR, but the peizo drivers in there just make it somehow 3D and holographic sounding. I still have not found a better out-of-head experience from an IEM.
To me, it is magical, but to many others, they say that the Winter is meh, so ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯ ...
I talked to Ella Zhou of BQEYZ and I told her the stock cable is trash for the winter limiting the resolution. I highly recommend you trying another cable with the Winter. It's the most technical IEM I have heard by far even compared to some kilo bucks IEMs. YMMV of coz.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #83,819 of 106,861
I talked to Ella Zhou of BQEYZ and I told her the stock cable is trash for the winter limiting the resolution. I highly recommend you trying another cable with the Winter. It's the most technical IEM I have heard by far even compared to some kilo bucks IEMs. YMMV of coz.
Currently using a Blue Moon cable from XINHS to great results. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back