The discovery thread!
Jun 15, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #81,078 of 99,956
Haha good choice to go for the red pill!
Red is the only product I missed from Truthear, if it’s attainable with little investment, hey why not, the tuning looks pretty nicely done😄

Jun 15, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #81,079 of 99,956
Funny how things come round again. Makes me think, amongst others, of TRN V90, CVJ Plume, KZ ZS10 and my favourite 1DD+4BA the classic ZS7. TRN's ST5 is a good one as well.
I guess CCZ Plume? Not sure if sub-brand of TRN, CVJ makes an IEM named Plume though.

Jun 15, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #81,080 of 99,956
TangZu Chang Le (I almost feel like learning Chinese, I wish I could...) came today.
20230615_180625.jpg

Nice captivating aesthetics right from the charming box to the nicely crafted metal of the shells.
A great set of tips - 6 pairs including 3 of KBears (or close analogues).

The sound is great for $15 IEM, a bit on a softer gentle/relaxed side, yet close and fully competitive (to my ears) to Linlong - the drivers are likely similar or same.

A very nice IEM overall that can be a great present to those still into good old wired technologies :)

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #81,081 of 99,956
Rikubuds GAS 2 home, while i absolutely love it, i don't think everyone will think the same, brief impression:
Pros: what's pro, it's top tier, overall sound is U shape, very well textured and separation, sound like Sony N3
Cons: Soundstage, Imaging, vocal performance, unnatural
+ Bass: Airy, responsive, Impact, slam, warmness, "ohm"-ness, physical, they're all there. Easily one of the most impressive bass that i have heard,
+ Mid: Lean, warm and well separated
+ Treble: Extension is really good, it really bring out most of cymbal in the track
+ Vocal: sound natural both male and female, maybe a little nasal
+ Detail: Very good, not sure what more to say, both macro/micro is good, maybe 40:60 in detail/musicality
+ Stage: Flat, Up front (somewhat my type)
-Bass: If you're basshead you might sastify with it's quality but not quantity, rumble isn't exactly deep enough (compare to iem)
-MId: Instrument not as natural as your usual budget iem
-Treble: not much, maybe sounding tinny ?
-Vocal: Not very enjoyable, for modern track it's alright, but most of the time just too lean, too hard to hear
-Soundstage: Narrow, but Deep, don't really have a wall of sound
For particular genres like EDM or Pop, Intrument (string mostly), it's sound good but not so much with rock/metal
IMG_20230615_202341.jpg
Hey, the GAS2 has finally arrived safe and sound. How does it compare to the VE Master in your opinion?

Jun 15, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #81,082 of 99,956
After 2 month+ Kiwi Ear Dolce finally arrived.

OTTB, it’s pretty good.
Less bass focused vocal oriented weaker ear gain harman.

I will keep it running for a while. For a sub$20 budget IEM, I can see Dolce has done good job. Hard to believe we can have this much of sound quality with a bare minimum investment, like Dolce+Truthear SHIO.

Jun 15, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #81,083 of 99,956
Hey, the GAS2 has finally arrived safe and sound. How does it compare to the VE Master in your opinion?
Haha i have to bring out my desktop amp for that (6.3mm), maybe this weekend! Fun things is that what i heard yesterday is completely different to what i hear now, the Gas2 mid now more pronounce it seems
Edit: not sure if i angled them correctly, maybe yesterday i used them kinda flat to me ears. Is using earbuds without foam is weird? I somehow enjoy it lol

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #81,084 of 99,956
Haha i have to bring out my desktop amp for that (6.3mm), maybe this weekend! Fun things is that what i heard yesterday is completely different to what i hear now, the Gas2 mid now more pronounce it seems
It’s 4.4mm balanced

Jun 15, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #81,085 of 99,956
I was approached by NiceHCK‘s Jim
the other day for the review request of some of their cables as Jim noticed I’m digging many of their line ups recently and found my comments pretty alighted with his perceptions.

I was like “OK, yea thanks, anyway I was considering buying those myself, that saves some funds for me to explore some more other stuff”

I was expecting like Purple SE or those ones, then plugged the one came in today to Aurora/P8/SR7 trio then immediately noticed, that cable Jim
threw to me isn’t a joke.

I’m confused because to my ear, it sounds better than their flagship DragonScale.

It’s MoonGod.
IMG_8441.jpeg

The “golden” shiny splashy hieroglyph decorations aren’t exactly my taste, but I understand that some brands that source the cable from NiceHCK factory use it and selling those at ridiculous price.

The outlook aside, the sound of MoonGod, is meant to be paired with 4.5ohm/119dB extremely sensitive 14BA SR8.
IMG_8443.jpeg

The synergy is hard to put into a word.

This cable increases dynamic range, and sound pressure with immediately noticeable increase in staging and resolution, mid clarify.

I looked up the price and it was around $110, so….sorry Jim, this cable is better than your flagship DragonScale, I advice to swap pricing between DragonScale and MoonGod.

It’s probably bright shift type, but I‘m not too sure as the stock cable of SR8 was mid-focused, but even I changed to MoonGod, it was less sibilant than stock cable while sound density increased.

This increase in dynamism and density of information is pretty universal outcome for higher end cables, with some exceptions to like NullAudio’s Ethos Mkv which is a very nice quality cable around $79.

The usual bright shift cables simply increases the gain level, but nothing else, so it’s as same as you EQ the frequency bands, meanwhile MoonGod does more than simple “+2db”.

Anyway, NiceHCK MoonGod is very recommendable cable if you are main appetite is toward “sound staging, vocal clarity, higher DNR/SNR” 👍
IMG_8442.jpeg

Jun 15, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #81,086 of 99,956
I was approached by NiceHCK‘s Jim
the other day for the review request of some of their cables as Jim noticed I’m digging many of their line ups recently and found my comments pretty alighted with his perceptions.

I was like “OK, yea thanks, anyway I was considering buying those myself, that saves some funds for me to explore some more other stuff”

I was expecting like Purple SE or those ones, then plugged the one came in today to Aurora/P8/SR7 trio then immediately noticed, that cable Jim
threw to me isn’t a joke.

I’m confused because to my ear, it sounds better than their flagship DragonScale.

It’s MoonGod.
IMG_8441.jpeg
The “golden” shiny splashy hieroglyph decorations aren’t exactly my taste, but I understand that some brands that source the cable from NiceHCK factory use it and selling those at ridiculous price.

The outlook aside, the sound of MoonGod, is meant to be paired with 4.5ohm/119dB extremely sensitive 14BA SR8.IMG_8443.jpeg

The synergy is hard to put into a word.

This cable increases dynamic range, and sound pressure with immediately noticeable increase in staging and resolution, mid clarify.

I looked up the price and it was around $110, so….sorry Jim, this cable is better than your flagship DragonScale, I advice to swap pricing between DragonScale and MoonGod.

It’s probably bright shift type, but I‘m not too sure as the stock cable of SR8 was mid-focused, but even I changed to MoonGod, it was less sibilant than stock cable while sound density increased.

This increase in dynamism and density of information is pretty universal outcome for higher end cables, with some exceptions to like NullAudio’s Ethos Mkv which is a very nice quality cable around $79.

The usual bright shift cables simply increases the gain level, but nothing else, so it’s as same as you EQ the frequency bands, meanwhile MoonGod does more than simple “+2db”.

Anyway, NiceHCK MoonGod is very recommendable cable if you are main appetite is toward “sound staging, vocal clarity, higher DNR/SNR” 👍
IMG_8442.jpeg
Its a nice cable.

20230610_211828.jpg

Tolerances are pretty good for OHM resistance.
20230610_213205.jpg

Jun 15, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #81,087 of 99,956
Here we go with the response from you know who in...3, 2, 1...

Jun 15, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #81,089 of 99,956
Its a nice cable.

20230610_211828.jpg
20230610_213205.jpg

Well done for actually posting measurements. Quite refreshing to see when it comes to cables.

Lets normalise it and hopefully we can banish the discussion of snake oil and delusion.

Jun 15, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #81,090 of 99,956
Its a nice cable.

20230610_211828.jpg
20230610_213205.jpg
Ah! Wow 0.1ohm🙀

Yea I notice MoonGod pairs very well with highly sentitive IEMs like Softears RSV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back