The discovery thread!
May 11, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #78,466 of 106,991
Graphically, they measure quite closely to the PR2's(on Ian's Squig), wonder how they stack against each other

Gonna be quite tough to compare single DDs like the DUNU KIMA siblings against a planar in the PR2 on graphs. The bass can appear similar in quantity, but generally planar IEM bass might some issue with sub-bass extension and weight, due to the very fast drivers and lightning quick transients (note this does not apply to planar headphones which tend to be bigger).

I haven't tried the KIMA classic (new version), but the original KIMA was quite underwhelming in technicalities. It was a bit too safe, Harmanish tuned.

To note, HBB love polite treble. So bright iem or treble centric iem won't be appealing to him.
Need to wait for other reviewer, Timmy(Gizaudio) love his treble, it would be interesting to see what he says about it.

Tough per HBB measurement, it does have more energy in 4k~8k than Stellaris

1683823065120.png

Damn. The Stellaris is already brighter than the stars, no exaggeration.

Now this Raptgo Bridge is even more boosted in the lower treble (and more bass lite) than the Stellaris? Graphs don't tell the full story, but they do give a good gauge of tonality and this one might be a banshee shoutfest.

May 11, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #78,467 of 106,991
Z300 + NiceHCK BlackSoul + Spiral Dot tips + Sony A306 = high quality sound output. The top end extension coupled with that hard hitting but punchy bass is "punching above it's weight". Great synergy is great synergy. Confession...had to peel my ears away from the Aure's, but I did it, and the Z300 deliver in their own way.

May 11, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #78,468 of 106,991
Now this Raptgo Bridge is even more boosted in the lower treble (and more bass lite) than the Stellaris? Graphs don't tell the full story, but they do give a good gauge of tonality and this one might be a banshee shoutfest.

Graphs don't tell the full story, but in this case the graph told most of the story already.
But hey, we all have been through the shouty journey 3-5 years back right? This kind of tuning is considered quite good if compared to shouty v shaped budget IEMs years back :smile:

May 11, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #78,469 of 106,991
In re Bridge:

IMG_2391.jpeg

IMG_2392.jpeg

Looks like they’re cleaving close to their Hook-X sound.

That full spectrum PZT coupled to a 6mm DD is the potential special sauce with the Bridge. We’ll see…

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #78,471 of 106,991
Graphs don't tell the full story, but in this case the graph told most of the story already.
But hey, we all have been through the shouty journey 3-5 years back right? This kind of tuning is considered quite good if compared to shouty v shaped budget IEMs years back :smile:
For some reason i interested to see how this Bridge compared to the recent budget offering

HBB measurement, Raptgo Bridge ($159) vs KZ ZVX ($20) over IEF neutral target (didn't have linglong)
again, graph is not the whole story but it shows the current maturity or at least trend of current budget iem tuning.
Understandably due to price and drive setup differences, technicality, timbre and all could be wildy different in level.

graph(7).png

Last edited:
May 12, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #78,472 of 106,991
Like those early KZ or the KZ hybrids. Yikes! Oh..or the SFR's!!

May 12, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #78,473 of 106,991
Oh shoot...I forgot the Kings of shout...the Vsonic line! Pretty much the entire line. Even my newer VS3 can get very spicy, which is why it requires copper.

May 12, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #78,474 of 106,991
I will agree to disagree. I don't have the D-Fi, but from the reviews, they have a resolution similar to the Ling long, and there is no way the Z300 has resolution that's less than the Lings. If anything, they are similar. Tonality and resolution is a strong suit of the Z300. FOR THE PRICE.
For me sound is blurred on vocals and highs. Also holography is limited. Mid-bass bleed was known to me from graph so I can't complain. I don't want to disgust them for my self any more.
Overall I don't regret.

Last edited:
May 12, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #78,475 of 106,991
I was going to compared it to that, but none have the graph of both old KZ and Bridge.
older IEMs are such a wonder,
(can't find my old daily ATH-e40, so here e70)

graph(9).png

Last edited:
May 12, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #78,477 of 106,991
I was going to compared it to that, but none have the graph of both old KZ and Bridge.
older IEMs are such a wonder,
(can't find my old daily ATH-e40, so here e70)

graph(9).png
Yikes! The Penguin!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back