The discovery thread!
Mar 25, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #74,971 of 106,680
Interesting eartips to try, but the release date is April 1st, and from company called "Nippon Dicks" wth..
Is this an april mop joke?
Someone's getting called to the CEO's office.

"Did you even use Google translate?"

"No."

1d455254716658ba61cbb40cf67bb2db.jpg

Mar 25, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #74,972 of 106,680
Someone's getting called to the CEO's office.

"Did you even use Google translate?"

"No."

1d455254716658ba61cbb40cf67bb2db.jpg
😂 That girl looks familiar, BABYMETAL?

I like playing their ”gimme chocolate “ track on drums.

Mar 25, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #74,974 of 106,680
Yes, objectivist like Crin would not like this type of colorations for sure. But also it’s worth a try, many find it’s better idea.

SR5 doesn’t have a pinna gain suppression, it’s more of Softears RS10 peak and dip I guess.
As much as respect Crin (Apple dongle, KZ tuning, Dioko), I totally do not get his evaluation of Audiosense, in particular T800. (Before from his impressions of KZ/CCA. I undestand that he could be busy and not bothering really listening to them, filling the impressions with "typical KZ sound", OK...). Did not he bother to drive T800 properly at all,or it felt competitive to his tuning (??) Then the overly positive reception to DT200 (??)).
I recently got T800, courtesy the sale links and the great advice of @baskingshark, and T800 are really great if you can drive them properly (9 Ohm stated at 1 kHz and < 2.4 Ohm (!) DC with those power-hungry but amazing bass BAs).
I really feel for Audiosense. T800 was launched at 2019 aimed at the mid-budget segment, where the good budget sources, like DACs, were not available.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #74,975 of 106,680
I auditioned the 7Hz Legato today at Can Jam.

The Legato is way easier to drive for sure. It is L shaped, huge bass that rumbles and can rattle the jaw. Non fatiguing. Timbre is decent. Not very technical for a $100 USD set. In view of the copious bass, there is unavoidable mid-bass bleed and some loss of texturing. In a sense, it is definitely one for bassheads, EDM and hip hop lovers will have a field day. But if one is a purist that listens to for example classical, then the excessive bass might be distracting.

E5000 is probably still more refined and has slightly better technicalities, but it is multiples more expensive (diminishing returns), and of course the elephant in the room is that it needs a nuclear reactor to drive LOL.
Larry Fulton was the tuner behind TRN X6 - most tuning disaster ever, I am aware of - a really "budget speaker-like" IEM. He was participating here before getting banned, and tried to convince that cables matter by their capacitance among other claims...
I feel TRN X7 have his tuning genes - OK, disastrous bass of X6 has been fixed, but the same congested treble and the box-like speaker experience so odd in an IEM. Then, even few hundred hours of "burning" does not help despite such claims being made. Discounted at $30, X7 can serve as some unique tuning reference, but hardly as a daily driver.
So I am surprised Larry is still get hired for the tuning job, and I would personally stay clear of his endeavours, unless for some curiosity.

T800 are totally great, thank you!
Referencing with powered E1DA SG3, E44 is surprisingly close, so I use it to enjoy all type of music - T800 surprised me to be much more universal than I could think.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #74,976 of 106,680
As much as respect Crin (Apple dongle, KZ tuning, Dioko), I totally do not get his evaluation of Audiosense, in particular T800. (Before from his impressions of KZ/CCA. I undestand that he could be busy and not bothering really listening to them, filling the impressions with "typical KZ sound", OK...). Would not his bother to drive T800 properly at all or it felt competitive to his tuning (??) Then the overly positive reception to DT200 (??)).
I recently got T800, courtesy the sale links and the great advice of @baskingshark, and T800 are really great if you can drive them properly (9 Ohm stated at 1 kHz and < 2.4 Ohm (!) DC with those power-hungry but amazing bass BAs).
I really feel for Audiosense. T800 was launched at 2019 aimed at the mid-budget segment, where the good budget sources, like DAC were not available.
My take is that Crin has a good pair of ears, and can tune stuffs, meanwhile he is not divine god, a mere human subjects to psychoacoustics depending on mood, and brand-bias.

He also has a shortcoming of commenting based on “reflex”, and if ”reflex” says no, then no further investigative efforts to be expected to one particular subject. That’s also related to the unconscious brand-bias

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #74,978 of 106,680
Got mine the other day for $113 shortly after @AmericanSpirit with the funds of my sold SR5's. Juzear 41T:

Wow that’s the latest 2023-3 model Juzear 41T?

The graph looks beautiful😍 And comments is very positive too. Looks like I hit another jackpot with my bet😇

It does look like Softears Ceberus from that measurement. I’m glad it actually has better 10khz peaks than Cerberus, so it may not as dark as Cerberus

69DCFD31-53AE-42A8-8914-3D3BFDE20476.jpeg
85255D1D-266B-4134-A72E-1B198A77FB6F.png

I wasn’t sure if promo FR clearly represented Juzear 41T as it had much higher gain gaps (15db), but my gut was telling “those FR scale aren’t accurate, trust your hunch”, and there we go. Less than 10db of peaks!
1B780FDE-0F72-45FD-8928-B9431B46593F.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #74,979 of 106,680
Screenshot_20230325_211435_Chrome.jpg

There are new eartips coming out soon. These eartips have brass material on the opening end. Japanese manufacturers like to use brass as they believe brass have great resonance for instruments, like intime (sora) they also using brass cavity and nozzles.
The umbrella part seems to be silicone.

Interesting eartips to try, but the release date is April 1st, and from company called "Nippon Dicks" wth..
Is this an april mop joke?
I want to say these are made by Pentaconn, I remember seeing them ages ago and thinking they looked interesting but they never came out lol. Better late than never.

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #74,981 of 106,680
Juzears do not ship to my country! No way around this?
How about this shop?
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrc1ibG

I purchazed from global01 shop, it’s stetchy but they do their job. They are the agent for Lafitear, besides regular retailing business. Not sure about that shop though.

Or we do another Sound Rhyme move, and convince Penon to become an trustable agent🤔

But for now, first we need good number of brave sheeps to try Juzear, I have mine arriving mid April.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #74,983 of 106,680
How about this shop?
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrc1ibG

I purchazed from global01 shop, it’s stetchy but they do their job. They are the agent for Lafitear, besides regular retailing business. Not sure about that shop though.

Or we do another Sound Rhyme move, and convince Penon to become an trustable agent🤔

But for now, first we need good number of brave sheeps to try Juzear, I have mine arriving mid April.
Order mines in the same shop per Akros link. I cannot wait to see how it stacks up to similae driver configs ala GAEA, SR05.

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #74,984 of 106,680
Mar 25, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #74,985 of 106,680
Order mines in the same shop per Akros link. I cannot wait to see how it stacks up to similae driver configs ala GAEA, SR05.
there we go😄👍 Yea that’s my expectations too, a refined Softears Cerberus (without EST, but added 13khz peak to balance out detail retrieval)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back