The discovery thread!
Mar 24, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #74,941 of 106,676
For those here in the UK interested, the KBear Rosefinch Bass earphone is on sale for £24.99 at Amazon UK, with a £6 discount coupon, tick the box, on the main page, that's £18.99. Next day delivery. For Bass-heads that may appeal. Cheap as chips. If you don't like em you can always return them. Of course they won't be on TOTL level, but they may make some happy.

Edit

I've ordered the 7HZ Legato and it's on it's way. They were tuned to sound like the big analogue speakers of old. For those who want to be 'all shook up' there is this review.

Edit: the idea that the Legato capture the sound of big vintage analogue speakers sold me. Set is on the way.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #74,942 of 106,676
Edit: the idea that the Legato capture the sound of big vintage analogue speakers sold me. Set is on the way.
I hope they do some justice to old fashioned big bass. This is the Video where 7HZ discuss the concept behind the Legato. Makes a change to move away from the Harman graph. The video has a very noisy background, but explains the mind behind the sound profile. I hope I haven't already posted this on this thread.

Mar 24, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #74,943 of 106,676
For those here in the UK interested, the KBear Rosefinch Bass earphone is on sale for £24.99 at Amazon UK, with a £6 discount coupon, tick the box, on the main page, that's £18.99. Next day delivery. For Bass-heads that may appeal. Cheap as chips. If you don't like em you can always return them. Of course they won't be on TOTL level, but they may make some happy.

Edit

I've ordered the 7HZ Legato and it's on it's way. They were tuned to sound like the big analogue speakers of old. For those who want to be 'all shook up' there is this review.

I hope they do some justice to old fashioned big bass. This is the Video where 7HZ discuss the concept behind the Legato. Makes a change to move away from the Harman graph. The video has a very noisy background, but explains the mind behind the sound profile. I hope I haven't already posted this on this thread.

Remember too, this is 7Hz showing their stuff (the next DD) after the Crinn tuned (hit) Salnotes Zero, yet with “now new” bass additive, of which the Zero was ever so slightly deficient!

But of course it’s 2 DD to try and be more complete. You totally posted (the videos) in the correct thread, though I don’t want to see the videos, as I would rather have a personal interpretation when it arrives........probably in 10 days? This will be the year of more than one DD in sets, I’m guessing?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #74,944 of 106,676
Have you tried a pure copper cable with the SIMGOT EA500? I ended finding a smoother treble peak by using the $14.00 Hibiscus made by FAAEAL? Really any pure copper would probably work.

I'm not a cable believer but, as I have that FAAEAL Hibiscus cable, I guess it doesn't cost me anything to try it out on the EA500, right?

Mar 24, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #74,945 of 106,676

I watched that. Very cool. I’m always interested in any set that deviates from Harmon. I have way too many Harmon sets already.

Mar 24, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #74,946 of 106,676
I'm not a cable believer but, as I have that FAAEAL Hibiscus cable, I guess it doesn't cost me anything to try it out on the EA500, right?
Well, if your an ear-tip believer maybe narrower nozzle ending openings would serve you better? But I found a slight solution both ways. But after discovering the Hibiscus I instantly went back to the included provided ear-tips. Now the thing is it doesn’t actually equalize the peak as it is still a slightly uneven example of treble, but most if not all of the actual heat was gone. I mean really I’m only 1/10th of my way into a review of the EA500, but I feel I have found a pretty good sound? The thing is I still need to do side-by-side comparisons, but yet the EA500 has become kind of a “dirty” guilty pleasure here at Redcarmoose Labs. Seemingly providing the lower midrange bump so loved by Rock. At the same time it does have a layer of smoothness that only becomes seen when that peak is diminished? Some are interpreting it more dark neutral with a vocal presence? It’s also going to be probably one IEM that will be controversial due to it being a breakthrough in a way for SIMGOT and how a person is personally going to either deal with the peak or just leave the peak. My attempt/attitude is to let the down-low area fall where it may, after you reduce the heat. I mean I hope you find a way in? Try some Sony dual density EX11 ear-tips if the Hibiscus doesn’t work, that or try any pure copper cable you have laying around. I found two copper cables in fact adding the Han Sound ZENTOO into the mix. I haven’t tried it but the Han Sound (the original ZEN) ZEN 4-wire Litz OCC copper cable would work wonders too! The two cables are almost identical!

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #74,947 of 106,676
The 8 kHz peak is probably an artefact resonance peak of the coupler. Give and take if you deduct 3 dB from that peak, that should be the actual value on actual listening. Which still looks quite violent even after deduction though. Sibilance galore!
SR5‘s tuning isn’t violent or sibilant at all, Bravery, Blessing2, Anole VX, Neon Pro, N5005, EA500 or even HEXA have much more energy than SR5 for treble, it’s better to try it yourself✌️

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #74,948 of 106,676

Well, if your an ear-tip believer maybe narrower nozzle ending openings would serve you better. But I found a slight solution both ways. But after discovering the Hibiscus I instantly went back to the included provided ear-tips. Now the thing is it doesn’t actually equalize the peak as it is still a slightly uneven example of treble, but most if not all of the actual heat was gone. I mean really I’m only 1/10th of my way into a review of the EA500, but I feel I have found a pretty good sound? The thing is I still need to do side-by-side comparisons, but yet the EA500 has become kind of a “dirty” guilty pleasure here at Redcarmoose Labs. Seemingly providing the lower midrange bump so loved by Rock. At the same time it does have a layer of smoothness that only becomes seen when that peak is diminished? Some are interpreting it more dark neutral with a vocal presence? It’s also going to be probably one IEM that will be controversial due to it being a breakthrough in a way for SIMGOT and how a person is personally going to either deal with the peak or just leave the peak. My attempt/attitude is to let the down-low area fall where it may, after you reduce the heat. I mean I hope you find a way in? Try some Sony dual density EX11 ear-tips if the Hibiscus doesn’t work, that or try any pure copper cable you have laying around. I found two copper cables in fact adding the Han Sound ZENTOO into the mix. I haven’t tried it but the Han Sound ZEN 4-wire Litz OCC copper cable would work wonders too!
Report back either way! The smaller opening ear-tip may work too. But I found the Hibiscus to be slightly less clear than the Han Sound ZENTOO? I mean it’s always been that way? It may be a bias as the Hibiscus was $14 and the ZENTOO was $160, both have 4.4mm plugs. But they also increase the bass smoothness (and bass replay amount over the included cable) with the Han Sound ZENTOO being slightly better defined?

Still with the Hibiscus, I was like. “This is amazing!” Lol

The difference here is we are looking for a diminishing of treble and that may be easier to hear than an additive sound response like a soundstage bump or midrange enhancement?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #74,949 of 106,676
SR5‘s tuning isn’t violent or sibilant at all, Bravery, Blessing2, Anole VX, Neon Pro, N5005, EA500 or even HEXA have much more energy than SR5 for treble, it’s better to try it yourself✌️

The blanket statement like "too much highs" or "too much energy in treble" or "violent tuning", IMHO, does not convey enough information to get the point across, thus people would argue from different interpretations that might both be correct.

From the graph, SR5 has big dip in 5-6kHz, and its ear-gain is less than 10dB, so it's likely not shouty and not "trebly" either, thus, other options might have "much more energy"

At the same time, all energy pushing into 8kHz after a big dip around 6kHz might lead to nasty treble glares if the musical note hits just right, thus "violent." Or, it can be "sparkly", just like the old Andromeda with treble peaks.

I'm looking forward to compare these against the ancient Final Audio E5000. If it can achieve the big bass sound without the insane source requirement of E5000, it's a big win for me.

Speaking of E5000, I'm now convinced that if you haven't listened to these on high gain with desktop amp, you haven't listened to them at all. But at the end of the day, it's Final Audio's fault for designing an IEM so insensitive that you need desktop headphone amp to run properly.

Mar 24, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #74,950 of 106,676
The blanket statement like "too much highs" or "too much energy in treble" or "violent tuning", IMHO, does not convey enough information to get the point across, thus people would argue from different interpretations that might both be correct.

From the graph, SR5 has big dip in 5-6kHz, and its ear-gain is less than 10dB, so it's likely not shouty and not "trebly" either, thus, other options might have "much more energy"

At the same time, all energy pushing into 8kHz after a big dip around 6kHz might lead to nasty treble glares if the musical note hits just right, thus "violent." Or, it can be "sparkly", just like the old Andromeda with treble peaks.

I'm looking forward to compare these against the ancient Final Audio E5000. If it can achieve the big bass sound without the insane source requirement of E5000, it's a big win for me.

Speaking of E5000, I'm now convinced that if you haven't listened to these on high gain with desktop amp, you haven't listened to them at all. But at the end of the day, it's Final Audio's fault for designing an IEM so insensitive that you need desktop headphone amp to run properly.
That explanation is pretty concise yet I haven’t experienced any notes to hit violent moment though. As Anole VX has higher gain levels from 8-9kh across whole 1000hz range, I don’t frequently see anyone claim VX as “violent”. SR has lessor regions for treble resolution peak than VX, so it is less likely someone may feel violated to my impression. The little peak is translated to diffusion field and resolution, and hardly become offensive.

Anyway, it’s very nicely tuned and I’m looking forward for your measurements✌️

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #74,951 of 106,676
That explanation is pretty concise yet I haven’t experienced any notes to hit violent moment though. As Anole VX has higher gain levels from 8-9kh across whole 1000hz range, I don’t frequently see anyone claim VX as “violent”. SR has lessor regions for treble resolution peak than VX, so it is less likely someone may feel violated to my impression. The little peak is translated to diffusion field and resolution, and hardly become offensive.

Anyway, it’s very nicely tuned and I’m looking forward for your measurements✌️
It’s unlikely I will review that unit, so living vicariously through you :dt880smile:

Mar 24, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #74,952 of 106,676
Mar 24, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #74,953 of 106,676
So... 7Hz Legato with its 2 x DD or Penon Serial with 3 x DD? :thinking:
Anyone A/B'd those 2 IEMs by any chance?

Mar 25, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #74,955 of 106,676
Just a guess the Serial will end-up more neutral?
So... 7Hz Legato with its 2 x DD or Penon Serial with 3 x DD? :thinking:
Anyone A/B'd those 2 IEMs by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back