The discovery thread!
Aug 19, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #59,281 of 103,500
Aug 19, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #59,282 of 103,500
Got a graph from the seller for the Veedix Diamond Strings!
20210819_090311.jpg

Seems surprisingly flat up to, like, 14kHz with a dip at 6kHz, maybe to reduce fatigue?

Aug 19, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #59,283 of 103,500
Aug 19, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #59,285 of 103,500
Aug 19, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #59,286 of 103,500
Will be interesting to see how this pans out when BGGAR stans try to force their opinions on those who don't like them. 🤭🤭🤣

Just grabbed one, should arrive early next week, will leave my impressions.

Here's the graph:
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #59,287 of 103,500
I bought the Mele too.

TForce Yuan Li arrived earlier today. :)

Aug 19, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #59,289 of 103,500
Black Mele ordered too. Will it surpass the BL03 (in my book) as the best IEMs in the crowded sub-USD 50.- segment? Let’s find out in a few days.

Aug 19, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #59,290 of 103,500
Welp, I took a blind leap and ordered a Japanese iem! Entry level model, though, as of the moment I do not have much excess cash. But 2 things got my attention: 1. Wooden housing, 2. Two adjustable bass settings with C ring. Coupled with the amount, around $160, and single 9.2 mm Titanium diaphragm DD - it became quite irresistible, and I gave in. After Unique melody 3DT and Fiio FD5, I did become more interested in pure DD iems.
It's definitely an interesting brand, and I own one of their products the 8ite-t.This is my personal pair with a custom design.

EvXNfipVcAQATiJ.jpg

The owner, Musashi-san used to do custom re shelling for another Japanese iem company before leaving to do his own thing. The brand gained popularity after placing first in a contest sponsored by Fostex and Fujiya avic where iem makers were told to design their own iem using drivers supplied by fostex.

All the products are handcrafted by himself and the materials are sourced locally in Hokkaido including the wood and cable. The metal housing is done by a factory in Japan somewhere. Even the accessories are all made in Japan. That's why it takes a month for the orders to ship out.

If you want something unique, you can even ask him for a custom design. You can choose any type of wood and metal combination you want, custom engraving, and even connector type.

Aug 19, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #59,291 of 103,500
Waiting for your impressions :)

They're nice and pleasant enough so far, feels like a kind of a V-warm type of signature to me with very non-offending upper range. I've just a couple of hours on them so far so they or my perception might change over time. Not the easiest to drive. That's all for now. :)

Aug 19, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #59,292 of 103,500
I had a chat with @AlexCBSN regarding it, and here is his impression:
Thanks for the quote @Ace Bee

Ive been using those as an intermittent daily driver, i love the final result, the wooden version is 10,000 times better (and 4 times de price…) but the stainless has its own magic, i love the mids and bass on em, a bit of a V shape but the tilt ain’t that bad, it doesnt dive in the 1k area, the stock tips are more than enough (it comes with standard spiral dots MEDIUM bundled and shozy different sized tips) stock cable is … warm… changed it for the black hole standard edition cable and it has sort of a flatter response, overall a great mid tier with few cons and a ton of pros. Being an open back, its quite good, mainly in the bass part

Aug 19, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #59,293 of 103,500
It's definitely an interesting brand, and I own one of their products the 8ite-t.This is my personal pair with a custom design.

EvXNfipVcAQATiJ.jpg

The owner, Musashi-san used to do custom re shelling for another Japanese iem company before leaving to do his own thing. The brand gained popularity after placing first in a contest sponsored by Fostex and Fujiya avic where iem makers were told to design their own iem using drivers supplied by fostex.

All the products are handcrafted by himself and the materials are sourced locally in Hokkaido including the wood and cable. The metal housing is done by a factory in Japan somewhere. Even the accessories are all made in Japan. That's why it takes a month for the orders to ship out.

If you want something unique, you can even ask him for a custom design. You can choose any type of wood and metal combination you want, custom engraving, and even connector type.
I’m drooling over that picture

Aug 19, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #59,294 of 103,500

EvXNfipVcAQATiJ.jpg

What do you mean by connector type? I can choose 2 pin instead of mmcx?

Also, I was trying to find you to get more insight on the 8ite-t. How good is it? Worth the price? I went for SARN II eyes closed, even though the 15 dB gain at 4khz was something concerning for me...

Aug 19, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #59,295 of 103,500
What do you mean by connector type? I can choose 2 pin instead of mmcx?

Also, I was trying to find you to get more insight on the 8ite-t. How good is it? Worth the price? I went for SARN II eyes closed, even though the 15 dB gain at 4khz was something concerning for me...

I don't know about the new entry models, but i remember him telling me he can do pentaconn ears and two pin as options on my model.

The model i went for had the most mellow tuning, so i can't speak for the rest of the lineup. They're all derived from the same Fostex driver if I'm not wrong, so i would be confident enough to stay that even with a more aggressive tuning, the treble wouldn't be much of an issue. It's the more sparkly and soft kind of treble, like you would expect from a silk dome tweeter on a pair of bookshelves.

I won't sugarcoat this, but in terms of sound, the high end model isn't worth the asking price and you can do so much better for much less. That's not to say its' bad sounding, it just won't impress you or anything. I think if you can get the same sound with the entry level model, than it would be a great bang for buck iem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back