The discovery thread!
Aug 9, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #58,876 of 102,952
"Feeling entitled" is a biased judgement.
The rest is one of the established reviewer models for better or worse.

Some just hear the difference between $1000+ cables of free samples for a hobby.... :)

Feeble attempts of trying to establishe some credibility by bringing other people down feel really rotten and if it is tolerated or even accepted just brings down this hobby.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #58,877 of 102,952
Reviewing is just a hobby for me. I don't need to convince you in any way. He probably want to convince people like you to subscribe to his Patreon which in turn allow him to earn some money. For his case, there is an ulterior motive beyond reviewing. This means you are supportive of him to feel entitled to getting samples & earning money in the process? I am not trying to create drama but this is to allow other audiophiles to know about this issue. It is all about being transparent. :)

One thing I do agree with you, reviewing must really be a hobby for you. I'm pretty sure you're a full-time prick.

You should take your own advice and let it go. I was gonna let you pass but you sure don't drop the bone, so here we are. All you're proving to everyone else is that having TOTL gear and money doesn't make you a better reviewer than a broke student like @RikudouGoku, because his reviews are superior.

And in your distorted logic, people like @Dsnuts are also wanna be reviewers, right? Because he also gets free samples. Oh and all the big youtubers.

Go get some air, you're clearly in need.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #58,878 of 102,952
@illumidata audio123 recommendations are spot on and I respect him, he always suggested me very good products!

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #58,879 of 102,952
@illumidata audio123 recommendations are spot on and I respect him, he always suggested me very good products!

Well, that's not everything in life. That's the same as saying Einstein could treat everyone like he wished to just because he knew what he was talking about. I respect people with experience and take them in consideration, since I know nothing about this hobby. But that doesnt give you the right to just shoot in every direction you feel like to.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #58,880 of 102,952
One thing I do agree with you, reviewing must really be a hobby for you. I'm pretty sure you're a full-time prick.

You should take your own advice and let it go. I was gonna let you pass but you sure don't drop the bone, so here we are. All you're proving to everyone else is that having TOTL gear and money doesn't make you a better reviewer than a broke student like @RikudouGoku, because his reviews are superior.

And in your distorted logic, people like @Dsnuts are also wanna be reviewers, right? Because he also gets free samples. Oh and all the big youtubers.

Go get some air, you're clearly in need.
I know you are reasonable and my question to you is "Do you feel it is right for him to feel entitled to receiving samples?" Cheers.
For the record, people like @Dsnuts bought TOTL gears with their own money and they don't feel entitled to samples.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #58,881 of 102,952
Reviewing is just a hobby for me. I don't need to convince you in any way. He probably want to convince people like you to subscribe to his Patreon which in turn allow him to earn some money. For his case, there is an ulterior motive beyond reviewing. This means you are supportive of him to feel entitled to getting samples & earning money in the process? I am not trying to create drama but this is to allow other audiophiles to know about this issue. It is all about being transparent. :)
Alright since you went this far.

How does patreon or any kind of service like that EARN YOU MONEY WHEN YOU SPEND MORE ON THE PRODUCTS THEMSELVES!
1628511128421.png

30 usd ish per month currently. I spent 70 on my last earbud batch and another 220 usd on the GS Audio stuff. 290 usd, would take about 10 months to get that back from my patreon at the current rate. But yeah, I guess I somehow manage to profit out of it. Yup.

Out of your 8 latest reviews, 7 out of them are review units.
https://audio123reviews.com/2021/07/13/campfire-satsuma/
https://audio123reviews.com/2021/07/13/campfire-honeydew/
https://audio123reviews.com/2021/07/11/ibasso-it01x/
https://audio123reviews.com/2021/06/03/hiby-r6-2020/
https://audio123reviews.com/2021/05/11/plussound-tri-hybrid/
https://audio123reviews.com/2021/03/31/dunu-zen/

This is not counting this one: https://audio123reviews.com/2021/08/07/bqeyz-spring-2/
Since you didnt explicitely mention if this was self-bought or a review unit (probably a review unit judging by the track record here).

"The Spring 2 is a musical sounding IEM that is able to provide robust bass, forward upper midrange and controlled treble. There is a smooth and fatigue-free listen. The soundstage provides an enveloping feeling. In addition, the Spring 2 has solid build quality. The BQEYZ Spring 2 delivers a strong sonic performance."

"The Satsuma is a clean sounding IEM that is able to provide agile bass, detailed midrange and airy treble. There is a smooth and musical listen. The soundstage provides accurate positioning of vocals and instruments. In addition, the Satsuma has solid build quality and it comes with a new Smoky Lite cable. The Campfire Satsuma is one of the latest releases from Campfire and it delivers an engaging sonic display."

"The Honeydew is a fun sounding IEM that is able to provide robust bass, laid-back midrange and smooth treble. There is a relaxing and fatigue-free listen. The soundstage provides an open feeling. In addition, the Honeydew has solid build quality and it comes with a new Smoky Lite cable. The Campfire Honeydew is one of the latest releases from Campfire and it delivers a lush sonic display."

"The IT01X is a engaging sounding IEM that is able to provide impactful bass, smooth midrange and extended treble. The soundstage creates an enveloping feeling. There is a musical display. In addition, the IT01X has solid build quality. The iBasso IT01X is the latest IEM from iBasso and it delivers a sublime sonic display."

"The Craft 4 is an vibrant sounding IEM that is able to provide agile bass, transparent midrange and extended treble. There is a clean and detailed presentation. In addition, the Craft 4 has a stunning design and it is available in both universal & custom. The Craft Ears Craft 4 is an outstanding IEM by Craft Ears and it delivers a spectacular sonic performance."

"The Zen is a phenomenal sounding IEM that is able to deliver an emotional and musical sound with clean bass, upfront midrange and smooth treble. The soundstage is holographic and provides an enveloping feeling. There is excellent depth and width. In addition, the Zen is constructed well with stainless steel shells and it comes with a nice cable. The Dunu Zen sets a benchmark for single dynamic IEM with its impressive sonic performance."

(excluding the 2 other non-iems reviews)

So apparently the 5 latest iem reviews are all positive. Huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 9, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #58,882 of 102,952
I know you are reasonable and my question to you is "Do you feel it is right for him to feel entitled to receiving samples?" Cheers.
For the record, people like @Dsnuts bought TOTL gears with their own money and they don't feel entitled to samples.

If I feel brands should send samples? That's the own problem. They have departments for that.
If I feel reviewers should feel entitled to samples? Nope.
If I feel reviewers should speak up when they are left out because they didn't shill on the brand's last product and it was garbage? Absolutely.

You see, the more reviewers are left out because they didnt shill (BGGAR was left out too, and i'm pretty sure that he can sell a product better than any of us here if he likes it), the smaller the review sample is. The smaller the review sample is, the less information the costumer has and blind picks happen. You know, in the end, who gets *****d more? People like me. People like 99% of this forum.

My favourite IEM that I own is TSMR Land. That was mainly due to @Dsnuts review and other costumers opinions. If you open his review you can read "I would like to post my gratitude to Tansio Mirai for the review sample. I consider all review samples the rightful owners are the folks that provide the samples.", so yeah, I'm very grateful someone got a review sample to do this review. People like me got a benefit from him getting a sample. If in the end, he paid to keep it? Doesn't matter to me, his job was done and I was happy. Only have to be grateful that he did it and that TSMR sent him a sample.
Same thing applies to you. If I read a review from you, and in the end I buy it and love it, I don't care how you got it.

I don't dislike you, I don't dislike anyone here. Just don't wanna see someone spilling dirt to a colegue. If it was the other way around, I'd feel the same.

Aug 9, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #58,883 of 102,952
Alright since you went this far.

How does patreon or any kind of service like that EARN YOU MONEY WHEN YOU SPEND MORE ON THE PRODUCTS THEMSELVES!
1628511128421.png
30 usd ish per month currently. I spent 70 on my last earbud batch and another 220 usd on the GS Audio stuff. 290 usd, would take about 10 months to get that back from my patreon at the current rate. But yeah, I guess I somehow manage to profit out of it. Yup.

Out of your 8 latest reviews, 7 out of them are review units.
https://audio123reviews.com/2021/07/13/campfire-satsuma/
https://audio123reviews.com/2021/07/13/campfire-honeydew/
https://audio123reviews.com/2021/07/11/ibasso-it01x/
https://audio123reviews.com/2021/06/03/hiby-r6-2020/
https://audio123reviews.com/2021/05/11/plussound-tri-hybrid/
https://audio123reviews.com/2021/03/31/dunu-zen/

This is not counting this one: https://audio123reviews.com/2021/08/07/bqeyz-spring-2/
Since you didnt explicitely mention if this was self-bought or a review unit (probably a review unit judging by the track record here).

"The Spring 2 is a musical sounding IEM that is able to provide robust bass, forward upper midrange and controlled treble. There is a smooth and fatigue-free listen. The soundstage provides an enveloping feeling. In addition, the Spring 2 has solid build quality. The BQEYZ Spring 2 delivers a strong sonic performance."

"The Satsuma is a clean sounding IEM that is able to provide agile bass, detailed midrange and airy treble. There is a smooth and musical listen. The soundstage provides accurate positioning of vocals and instruments. In addition, the Satsuma has solid build quality and it comes with a new Smoky Lite cable. The Campfire Satsuma is one of the latest releases from Campfire and it delivers an engaging sonic display."

"The Honeydew is a fun sounding IEM that is able to provide robust bass, laid-back midrange and smooth treble. There is a relaxing and fatigue-free listen. The soundstage provides an open feeling. In addition, the Honeydew has solid build quality and it comes with a new Smoky Lite cable. The Campfire Honeydew is one of the latest releases from Campfire and it delivers a lush sonic display."

"The IT01X is a engaging sounding IEM that is able to provide impactful bass, smooth midrange and extended treble. The soundstage creates an enveloping feeling. There is a musical display. In addition, the IT01X has solid build quality. The iBasso IT01X is the latest IEM from iBasso and it delivers a sublime sonic display."

"The Craft 4 is an vibrant sounding IEM that is able to provide agile bass, transparent midrange and extended treble. There is a clean and detailed presentation. In addition, the Craft 4 has a stunning design and it is available in both universal & custom. The Craft Ears Craft 4 is an outstanding IEM by Craft Ears and it delivers a spectacular sonic performance."

"The Zen is a phenomenal sounding IEM that is able to deliver an emotional and musical sound with clean bass, upfront midrange and smooth treble. The soundstage is holographic and provides an enveloping feeling. There is excellent depth and width. In addition, the Zen is constructed well with stainless steel shells and it comes with a nice cable. The Dunu Zen sets a benchmark for single dynamic IEM with its impressive sonic performance."

(excluding the 2 other non-iems reviews)

So apparently the 5 latest iem reviews are all positive. Huh?
Hmmm. All those reviews you quoted sound the same. I'm sure the IEMs themselves didn't all sound similar!

Aug 9, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #58,884 of 102,952
If I feel brands should send samples? That's the own problem. They have departments for that.
If I feel reviewers should feel entitled to samples? Nope.
If I feel reviewers should speak up when they are left out because they didn't shill on the brand's last product and it was garbage? Absolutely.

You see, the more reviewers are left out because they didnt shill (BGGAR was left out too, and i'm pretty sure that he can sell a product better than any of us here if he likes it), the smaller the review sample is. The smaller the review sample is, the less information the costumer has and blind picks happen. You know, in the end, who gets *****d more? People like me. People like 99% of this forum.

My favourite IEM that I own is TSMR Land. That was mainly due to @Dsnuts review and other costumers opinions. If you open his review you can read "I would like to post my gratitude to Tansio Mirai for the review sample. I consider all review samples the rightful owners are the folks that provide the samples.", so yeah, I'm very grateful someone got a review sample to do this review. People like me got a benefit from him getting a sample. If in the end, he paid to keep it? Doesn't matter to me, his job was done and I was happy. Only have to be grateful that he did it and that TSMR sent him a sample.
Same thing applies to you. If I read a review from you, and in the end I buy it and love it, I don't care how you got it.

I don't dislike you, I don't dislike anyone here. Just don't wanna see someone spilling dirt to a colegue. If it was the other way around, I'd feel the same.
Thank you for taking a balanced approach regarding this issue. You surely know that i respect you as an individual as you are logical in your reasoning. You mentioned "If I feel reviewers should speak up when they are left out because they didn't shill on the brand's last product and it was garbage? Absolutely." I am in this situation before and some brands left me out. Honestly, I can't be bothered as this is just a hobby. I review what I like. If I like the newer releases, I will just buy it. At the end of the day, we all want good sound. For the record, I am not trying to say my opinion is superior just because I have experience with TOTL gears. Sorry to those who feel it that way. At the end of the day, I respect everyone's opinions even @RikudouGoku but the motivation has to be clear (if he can explain the screenshot I posted earlier, it will be good to clear the air otherwise it will just show how entitled he is). Cheers.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #58,887 of 102,952
audio123 recommendations are spot on and I respect him, he always suggested me very good products!
+1! Through the years, even before the the Acoustune 1670ss was the old flagship, reviews were very consistent and influential to me @ least.
As @Wyville put it Descriptive impression - I am most certainly not obligated to buy If my wallet is not ready. But I do take note of it, sometimes I keep on going back to that review and check out other reviews as well. Here or from other sites.
It is very apparent to me, we are one here as well. Respect others as how we would respect ourselves

Per the image by audio123, This is an achievement from one of the most reliable resource/reviewers in our time.
I'd like myself to be remind in this manner.
As well as the other reviewers, with their reviews/impressions of the items they want to share here in headfi
and their posts from the other sites...

Attachments

• 1628511637120.png
    1628511637120.png
    732.1 KB · Views: 0
Aug 9, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #58,888 of 102,952
Guys, everyone has made their points, can we cool it off lest the thread gets locked up by mods.
Yea, popcorn mode should be finished right about now, lol :sweat_smile:
1628512875451.png

Aug 9, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #58,889 of 102,952
Guys, everyone has made their points, can we cool it off lest the thread gets locked up by mods.
Yes, let's move on.
+1! Through the years, even before the the Acoustune 1670ss was the old flagship, reviews were very consistent and influential to me @ least.
As @Wyville put it Descriptive impression - I am most certainly not obligated to buy If my wallet is not ready. But I do take note of it, sometimes I keep on going back to that review and check out other reviews as well. Here or from other sites.

It is very apparent to me, we are one here as well. Respect others as how we would respect ourselves

Per the image by audio123, This is an achievement from one of the most reliable resource/reviewers in our time.
I'd like myself to be remind in this manner.
As well as the other reviewers, with their reviews/impressions of the items they want to share here in headfi
and their posts from the other sites...
You just reminded me how difficult it is to acquire that Titan. One of my best purchases ever.

Aug 9, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #58,890 of 102,952
Here is a discovery for anyone who's still interested in those. 634ears iems handmade from Japan, takes over a month from ordering for them to be made. I think you can choose any wood or engraving you'd like. I ordered a pair of T8IE-S and loving them so far. They are very musical but smooth sounding, no harsh peaks or muddiness anywhere, still burning them in though.
What's unique is that these have a "c-ring" system, which is just a plastic ring on the stem of the IEM to cover up the air flow and slightly tweak the sound, holes covered provide more bass. More elegant solution to the tape mod so many perform I guess.
20210809_083630.jpg
20210809_083644.jpg
20210809_083658.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back