The discovery thread!
Jun 23, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #57,211 of 103,943
Reecho folks know how to tune. I expect it will be a good earphone for the price. It is using a nice graphene dynamic which will mean excellent bass response. If their SG-03 is anything to go by these should be a great beater set.

I also see they are using a very strong magnet in the N50 so this should be a good one.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #57,212 of 103,943
Reecho folks know how to tune. I expect it will be a good earphone for the price. It is using a nice graphene dynamic which will mean excellent bass response. If their SG-03 is anything to go by these should be a great beater set.

I also see they are using a very strong magnet in the N50 so this should be a good one.
graph (22).png

Jun 23, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #57,214 of 103,943

I typically look to titanium or one of those liquid crystal Dynamics for maximal sub-bass, and CNT for treble performance.

Jun 23, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #57,215 of 103,943
Those coated dynamics seems to go around in circles. I remember when Titanium coatings was the thing and then it was CNT and graphene and more recently beryllium coatings. New ISN EST50 is using silicone with some interesting results.

Driver: liquid silicone diaphragm dynamic

Sonion 2356 balanced armature

Knowles 30095 balanced armature

2 Sonion Electrostatic driver

Jun 23, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #57,216 of 103,943
Those coated dynamics seems to go around in circles. I remember when Titanium coatings was the thing and then it was CNT and graphene and more recently beryllium coatings. New ISN EST50 is using silicone with some interesting results.

Driver: liquid silicone diaphragm dynamic

Sonion 2356 balanced armature

Knowles 30095 balanced armature

2 Sonion Electrostatic driver
Every time I dig through AliExpress looking at raw drivers, all of the ones that have acceptable or good bass and sub-bass performance are titanium or biological diaphragm DDs the CNT drivers always seem to be more mids and treble centric. Biological composite ones often have their peak performance in bass, with slightly less sub-bass.

Jun 23, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #57,217 of 103,943
CNT and Graphene for bass is pretty stout very reminicent of Titanium coatings at least the ones I have owned. Which brings me to this thing.

1624473842858.png
Geek Wold GK10
1BA+ 2 Piezoelectric ceramic+ 2dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Earphones IEM
Driver configuration: 1 balanced armature for high frequency + 2 piezoelectric ceramic for ultra-high frequency + 7mm graphene diaphragm dynamic for middle frequency + 8mm dome titanium diaphragm dynamic for bass
Panel: stable wood
Shell material: ABS+PC
Impedance: 8Ω
Sensitivity: 106dB
Frequency response range: 20-40kHz
Cable material: 6-strand silver-plated
Connector: 2pin 0.78mm
Cable length: 1.2m

I saw this particular IEM on Penon FB page. Geek Wold using a unique graphene dynamic for mids and a titanium dynamic for bass a BA for treble and dual piezos for upper treble. Will be interesting to see how this one turns out just due to the uniqueness of what they are using. I do believe this is the first IEM I have seen utilize both graphene and titanium dynamics.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #57,218 of 103,943
CNT and Graphene for bass is pretty stout very reminicent of Titanium coatings at least the ones I have owned. Which brings me to this thing.

Geek Wold GK10
1BA+ 2 Piezoelectric ceramic+ 2dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Earphones IEM
Driver configuration: 1 balanced armature for high frequency + 2 piezoelectric ceramic for ultra-high frequency + 7mm graphene diaphragm dynamic for middle frequency + 8mm dome titanium diaphragm dynamic for bass
Panel: stable wood
Shell material: ABS+PC
Impedance: 8Ω
Sensitivity: 106dB
Frequency response range: 20-40kHz
Cable material: 6-strand silver-plated
Connector: 2pin 0.78mm
Cable length: 1.2m

I saw this particular IEM on Penon FB page. Geek Wold using a unique graphene dynamic for mids and a titanium dynamic for bass a BA for treble and dual piezos for upper treble. Will be interesting to see how this one turns out just due to the uniqueness of what they are using. I do believe this is the first IEM I have seen utilize both graphene and titanium dynamics.
I'm fairly certain there is a stacked dual-dynamic driver with a similar configuration available on AliExpress. Though how they implemented that particular one is a way I've never seen before. It looks like they're using the back of the lower driver ported through the center of the upper driver, for treble. Definitely a unique configuration.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #57,219 of 103,943
Bought this Sen fer DT9 from TaoBao at a very low price, similar spec as the TRN TA1 - 1DD + Knowles 33518. This is such a steal IMO. Great tuning, strong and fast bass and clear high but sibilant which I fixed by putting filter paper at the mouth of the Knowles 33518. Seller recommends 200 hrs of run-in and I am too lazy to do that.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...exp_id=7b491484-3666-46d8-ba34-ddfda0ad419e-0
H1ae192eda8574abb8cdae7a87ef8312db.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #57,220 of 103,943
Looks like I will be checking out the Lofty. Would be something if these turned out to be the real deal. Looks like they are throwing in a good cable with it too.
I'll review the Lofty and the HB2, one of these days when they arrive at my house....
In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for your impressions of the ISN AUDIO EST50s.
I also think they have a very similar curve to the NF Audio NM2+, that was my first impression. I hope it will be a bit more balanced overall.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #57,221 of 103,943
Bought this Sen fer DT9 from TaoBao at a very low price, similar spec as the TRN TA1 - 1DD + Knowles 33518. This is such a steal IMO. Great tuning, strong and fast bass and clear high but sibilant which I fixed by putting filter paper at the mouth of the Knowles 33518. Seller recommends 200 hrs of run-in and I am too lazy to do that.
How much did you get it for on Taobao?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back