The discovery thread!
Jun 24, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #57,226 of 104,205
Jun 24, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #57,227 of 104,205
All Sonion setup for the BAs, promising…
Looks interesting. I do like their inclusion of even more BA drivers to cross into the mix. I'm curious which driver models they selected and how they're planning to cross them over. It'll need to be something special to properly threaten the Thieaudio Clairvoyance.

Jun 24, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #57,228 of 104,205
Jun 24, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #57,229 of 104,205
Jun 25, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #57,231 of 104,205
I think the latest hype is a Liquid driver, LCP,
have a better timbre than a berry,

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #57,232 of 104,205
I should have known better when Head-FI marked them as a banned seller, but W**Easy has utterly f*cked my plans by not having confirmed their stock of the Yiny** ST7 and necessitating that I cancel my order, three godd*amn days after I placed it and they asked me to extend the processing time to ship because they "had to manufacture the IEMs." Dirty liars. As can generally be assumed, don't patronize their shop on AliExpress.

Edit: if anyone happens to know of a decently reputable source of said IEM, please shoot me a PM so I can buy these things. I lust after their elevated bass response and modest treble gain in such a tiny shell design.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #57,233 of 104,205
I should have known better when Head-FI marked them as a banned seller, but W**Easy has utterly f*cked my plans by not having confirmed their stock of the Yiny** ST7 and necessitating that I cancel my order, three godd*amn days after I placed it and they asked me to extend the processing time to ship because they "had to manufacture the IEMs." Dirty liars. As can generally be assumed, don't patronize their shop on AliExpress.

Edit: if anyone happens to know of a decently reputable source of said IEM, please shoot me a PM so I can buy these things. I lust after their elevated bass response and modest treble gain in such a tiny shell design.
I'm so sorry for saying this,
I know it's twice the price,
but, would you consider the Mest Mk2 ?
way better customer service and after sales,

Jun 25, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #57,234 of 104,205

I'd add Opa Audio Storr and Hidisz Official Store to that list.

Both asked me to cancel after I used my coupons and discounts. AE customer service doesn't help at all. They say manager will contact. All I get is a sneaky smile from the seller and ridiculous email telling me how to cancel a order in the instructions...

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #57,235 of 104,205

This is what they write in their description. It was there from the beginning of the sale.
1624604911722.png

Jun 25, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #57,236 of 104,205
This is what they write in their description. It was there from the beginning of the sale.
1624604911722.png
If it was just the delay I would have accepted that, but they legit didn't confirm with the manufacturer that they could even fulfill the orders they got. They couldn't, but that wasn't until after three days and me extending the shipping window.

Jun 25, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #57,237 of 104,205
I got the BC in about a week ago. I used them for a few hours on stock black nozzle/black filter setup and honestly wasn't very impressed. Bass was plentiful but didn't sound right to me. I had some time to go through a few filter setups today and find that grey nozzle/blue filter with spiral dot ++ tips is working great for me. I got the full body goose bumps and my jaw dropped to the floor. These are definitely keepers.

A few things that rub me the wrong way about how the company does things are:
-Providing tracking that says the product is on its way but doesn't update saying that it's actually shipped until days after.
-Not providing a tool to remove the back plate to switch plates.
-Unscrewing the nozzles on the IEMs is so hard that I feel like my fingers are going to break when I try to remove them. (edit: only on stock/from factory setup)

All are relatively minor issues for me that have nothing to do with the actual product quality.

These are definitely the real deal sound wise! :)

I found removing the rubber/silicone rings from them helps a lot. If one is then still a little hard to remove I use the leather cable tidy to grip the filters and nozzles. Generally much less finger pain.

I'd add Opa Audio Storr and Hidisz Official Store to that list.

Both asked me to cancel after I used my coupons and discounts. AE customer service doesn't help at all. They say manager will contact. All I get is a sneaky smile from the seller and ridiculous email telling me how to cancel a order in the instructions...
Uh-oh, thanks to not being familiar with the name of that store, I ordered iem's from them a few days ago too.
Head-Fi's policy of sensoring these banned sellers names doesn't help us avoid them at all. How the hell are we supposed to recognise the names of dodgy vendors when we never get to see them?
Flag them with a skull and crossbones or something instead of just asterisking them out, then I'd have been better appraised of the risk.
We can't even name them to warn others!
I've been a member here for years, and follow many threads, but I still wasn't aware that this store was problematic 😤.
Are they bad enough that I should just cancel my order?

Good luck with getting satisfaction @GlobalJ, hope I get the Focus EDM I ordered.

Jun 25, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #57,238 of 104,205
Well I've gone and done it now.
I've taken a gamble and ordered the GT2 and GT12 from GS audio. After some research and deliberation I've decided to pull the trigger on them. I've asked for the faceplate of the SD7 on the GT12 as I think it looks a lot better.

But yeah, now the wait begins :grin:

Jun 25, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #57,239 of 104,205
Well I've gone and done it now.
I've taken a gamble and ordered the GT2 and GT12 from GS audio. After some research and deliberation I've decided to pull the trigger on them. I've asked for the faceplate of the SD7 on the GT12 as I think it looks a lot better.

But yeah, now the wait begins :grin:

Welcome to the family and I did not request any custom options on my GT12 and my video of it will be live later today.

Jun 25, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #57,240 of 104,205

The Shuoer EJ07M might be an alternative/upgrade: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002856094412.html

1624623949618.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back