The discovery thread!
Apr 5, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #46,921 of 103,516
I don't want to get into the controversy over profiling, but I would like to give my opinion, because I find it an interesting conversation.
Taking advantage of the fact that I have just published the review of the NF Audio NA2, in its "Profile" section, I have commented that

"The NF Audio NA2 has a slight W profile, with good balance in all ranges. Although, you could say, they have a good accent in the sub-bass area."

For the description of the profile, apart from the sound, I usually lean on its frequency response:

NF Audio NA2 Bass Tips vs Balanced Tips.png

I agree that, a V profile cannot be considered balanced, but there can be a tendency to balance if its curve is smooth, that is, if the mids are not recessed. I prefer to talk about slight V's, rather than balance or equilibrium. But, these are always recurring words that can appear in any comment, when describing something as subjective as sound.

Anyway, here I leave you my review about the NF Audio NA2, that I hope you like, beyond the definition about its profile :wink:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nf-audio-na2.24196/reviews#item-review-23493
I like this graph

Apr 5, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #46,922 of 103,516
I don't want to get into the controversy over profiling, but I would like to give my opinion, because I find it an interesting conversation.
Taking advantage of the fact that I have just published the review of the NF Audio NA2, in its "Profile" section, I have commented that

"The NF Audio NA2 has a slight W profile, with good balance in all ranges. Although, you could say, they have a good accent in the sub-bass area."

For the description of the profile, apart from the sound, I usually lean on its frequency response:

NF Audio NA2 Bass Tips vs Balanced Tips.png

I agree that, a V profile cannot be considered balanced, but there can be a tendency to balance if its curve is smooth, that is, if the mids are not recessed. I prefer to talk about slight V's, rather than balance or equilibrium. But, these are always recurring words that can appear in any comment, when describing something as subjective as sound.

Anyway, here I leave you my review about the NF Audio NA2, that I hope you like, beyond the definition about its profile :wink:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nf-audio-na2.24196/reviews#item-review-23493
Let's remember that, since IEMs bypass the pinna, a bump around 3-4 kHz is required to make them to be perceived as neutral in the mids

Apr 5, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #46,923 of 103,516
Has anyone experienced AliExpress sellers selling item that they actually don't have it in stock and then delaying till last allowed by AliExpress shipping day, then printing shipping label and stalling until last day allowed by carrier and then sometimes they cancel shipping and refund - and you would lose 30 days and have to start over?
I call that deceptive practice - Bait & Wait. They set lower price to lure buyers away from honest sellers, then, when they get enough orders leveraging volume price, they ship with a big delay usually.
I let it slide initially since there was no rush for me to get Tri i3. But then, if something goes wrong as a result of this shady practice, - why me, honest buyer should take responsibility?
If package had arrived on time - I would've gotten it before my work place got quarantined. Package is going back, and there is nothing I can do - the cheap shipping seller uses doesn't allow intercepting, and I'm not allowed to go in that post office to pick up.
I know it's not exactly "discovery topic" other than discovering deception that is rampant on Ali. I've had enough of it now:rage:
1586105529309.png
EDIT: 2 weeks later the issue was resolved by AliExpress. Once tracking showed that item indeed bounced and is on its way back to China, refund was issued.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #46,924 of 103,516
Has anyone experienced AliExpress sellers selling item that they actually don't have it in stock and then delaying till last allowed by AliExpress shipping day, then printing shipping label and stalling until last day allowed by carrier and then sometimes they cancel shipping and refund - and you would lose 30 days and have to start over?
I call that deceptive practice - Bait & Wait. They set lower price to lure buyers away from honest sellers, then, when they get enough orders leveraging volume price, they ship with a big delay usually.
I let it slide initially since there was no rush for me to get Tri i3. But then, if something goes wrong as a result of this shady practice, - why me, honest buyer should take responsibility?
If package had arrived on time - I would've gotten it before my work place got quarantined. Package is going back, and there is nothing I can do - the cheap shipping seller uses doesn't allow intercepting, and I'm not allowed to go in that post office to pick up.
I know it's not exactly "discovery topic" other than discovering deception that is rampant on Ali. I've had enough of it now:rage:
1586105529309.png
mine used to have some problem but is now in my hand maybe u can tell me which seller?

Apr 5, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #46,925 of 103,516
mine used to have some problem but is now in my hand maybe u can tell me which seller?
Store name: Shop5403010 Store
As I said, too many Ali sellers practice that. The only honest way to do something like this is - the way mass Drop doing it.

Apr 5, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #46,927 of 103,516
Store name: Shop5403010 Store
As I said, too many Ali sellers practice that. The only honest way to do something like this is - the way mass Drop doing it.
that name sounds really fishy and I wouldnt buy anything from a store that sounds so untrust worthy, even if it was the cheapest option.

Apr 5, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #46,928 of 103,516
If the Aliexpress stores name is just a bunch of numbers, how much confidence can you really have in them. :ksc75smile:

Apr 5, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #46,929 of 103,516
Ali used to have rather strict buyer protection. Will see. Ali customer support say to go and pickup at post office. Are they stupid or just pretending? Haven't China had first-hand experience with Quarantine? I share apartment with people at risk, and even for me with my autoimmune condition it doesn't bode well. About 6 years ago I got hit by swine flu and barely made it. I was in perfect athletic shape before that. Half year later my physician asked what has happened - that my lung capacity is lower than it was at last year physical, by 30%.
On the "bright side" - after that flu my hearing decreased and become more "normal?" - more in line with most audio reviewers.:face_palm: Cost me permanent loss of sense smell though...
So, to summarize - $137 is not worth the risk for me. I'm mad at seller for more than one reason and will fight it, but at the end of the day - whatever:shrug:
I don't care about i3 anymore. Blessing2 has almost completely highjacked my sound preference. 80%- BL2, 10%- Roland, 10%- Shozy1.4
Edit: Post office in question is in the pandemic "hot" zone at my work area in different Borough. I'm not supposed to go there.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #46,930 of 103,516
1586105529309.png

Sorry to hear about this scam, I have encountered this same issue twice on Aliexpress. Started a disupte and got the money back, but it was a waste of 2 months waiting for the item, only to never receive it.

A lot of Aliexpress sellers also send out a fake shipping/tracking number, so as to bypass Aliexpress shipping KPIs. So the actual item isn't sent out until a few weeks later when the tracking number miraculously changes. But at least in this second instance, the stuff still arrives in the mail, just a bit longer.

I guess that is the tradeoff we get from taking punts on aliexpress compared to Amazon, where the latter's return policy and CS is better, though they jack up the prices for this peace of mind. I've never bought from (mass)drop, but some headfiers here have mentioned that if there are any returns/warranty issues, it is also quite a pain to settle as drop will ask u to directly liase with the seller.

Apr 6, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #46,931 of 103,516
Ali used to have rather strict buyer protection. Will see. Ali customer support say to go and pickup at post office. Are they stupid or just pretending? Haven't China had first-hand experience with Quarantine? I share apartment with people at risk, and even for me with my autoimmune condition it doesn't bode well. About 6 years ago I got hit by swine flu and barely made it. I was in perfect athletic shape before that. Half year later my physician asked what has happened - that my lung capacity is lower than it was at last year physical, by 30%.
On the "bright side" - after that flu my hearing decreased and become more "normal?" - more in line with most audio reviewers.:face_palm: Cost me permanent loss of sense smell though...
So, to summarize - $137 is not worth the risk for me. I'm mad at seller for more than one reason and will fight it, but at the end of the day - whatever:shrug:
I don't care about i3 anymore. Blessing2 has almost completely highjacked my sound preference. 80%- BL2, 10%- Roland, 10%- Shozy1.4
Edit: Post office in question is in the pandemic "hot" zone at my work area in different Borough. I'm not supposed to go there.
i mean in the i still recieved the item. i order ard 15/3 he delay as he need to be quarantine that what he say. But in the end i still got it.

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #46,932 of 103,516
Apr 6, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #46,933 of 103,516
1586201394227.png

1586201417608.png

1586201436910.png

Are these pictures on the Blon 05 new? Saw them on hifigo but I might just be out of the loop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back