The discovery thread!
Apr 6, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #46,937 of 101,280
1586201394227.png
1586201417608.png
1586201436910.png
Are these pictures on the Blon 05 new? Saw them on hifigo but I might just be out of the loop

Looks like an homage to a classic.

grado-gr10e-close-up.jpg

Apr 7, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #46,939 of 101,280
Apr 7, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #46,940 of 101,280
Apr 7, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #46,941 of 101,280
The legacy 3 seems to be priced quite close to the voyager 3. Now I wonder if getting the voyager 3 was really worth it.
Not for me lol. Legacy might be the better choice, since it has a DD and it sure looks pretty.

Apr 7, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #46,942 of 101,280
Not for me lol. Legacy might be the better choice, since it has a DD and it sure looks pretty.
Thats what I miss from the voyager 3. DD for low end. I have quite adjusted since the voyager 3 has been my only IEM for some time now. What I actually would want to get is the ISN H40.

Apr 9, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #46,944 of 101,280
I finally got my TRI I3 and here are my 2 cents.
1. My, are we pudgy, aren't we?
2. Not only pudgy but also pretty heavy too.
3. And keeping 1&2 in mind I just can't understand why I got a most universal fit for my ears. Literally. I can get a perfect or near-perfect seal from any tips I tried. Literally.
Usually for me it's the "ok, let's toss aside the vast majority of tips that cannot be used for sure and pick a best from the worst winner from those two which still manage to seal and keep thyself inside the ear". Yes, BL-03, you can be proud of yourself and lead the parade, you fiend.
Here apparently some dark magic was used because it looks like I can take any, LITERALLY ANY form&size from the bin - and get a decent fit&seal. Sorry for the pathos, maybe for the guys&gals here it's a norm, but till this very day I was dead-sure I cannot use the L size at all and M size - only by national-scale holidays on the leap years per medical prescription. Looks like I was wrooong, surprise.

OK, I let out some steam. I'm still in the process of tip-rolling (heck, how I suppose to find the right ONE if now I have a tonne to check and compare?) but still a pair of words about the sound. Somehow nobody had warned me they are such bass monsters. With some tips lows can be overwhelming and all-consuming (for my habits). With others - borderline to oversaturated. It can be some trick of the mind because my usual testing tracks for bass evaluation don't show such anomalies and some of my other IEMs are clearly bassier BY QUANTITY, but still. Some tracks seems not affected, but many more got that mighty oomph. Curious. Maybe it's a raised sound pressure due to improved seal, or the overall presentation makes me listen on a volume level I'm not accustomed to. Need to dig into.

ps: they for sure not meant for [my] analytic listening. no way. never. my favorite tracks give me goosebumps. literally. over and over again.

pps: ordered the SPC cable for them, eager to compare. not a believer but something tells me that in this case it might be worth a try.

Apr 9, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #46,945 of 101,280
3. And keeping 1&2 in mind I just can't understand why I got a most universal fit for my ears. Literally. I can get a perfect or near-perfect seal from any tips I tried. Literally.
Usually for me it's the "ok, let's toss aside the vast majority of tips that cannot be used for sure and pick a best from the worst winner from those two which still manage to seal and keep thyself inside the ear". Yes, BL-03, you can be proud of yourself and lead the parade, you fiend.
Here apparently some dark magic was used because it looks like I can take any, LITERALLY ANY form&size from the bin - and get a decent fit&seal. Sorry for the pathos, maybe for the guys&gals here it's a norm, but till this very day I was dead-sure I cannot use the L size at all and M size - only by national-scale holidays on the leap years per medical prescription. Looks like I was wrooong, surprise.

OK, I let out some steam. I'm still in the process of tip-rolling (heck, how I suppose to find the right ONE if now I have a tonne to check and compare?) but still a pair of words about the sound. Somehow nobody had warned me they are such bass monsters. With some tips lows can be overwhelming and all-consuming (for my habits). With others - borderline to oversaturated. It can be some trick of the mind because my usual testing tracks for bass evaluation don't show such anomalies and some of my other IEMs are clearly bassier BY QUANTITY, but still. Some tracks seems not affected, but many more got that mighty oomph. Curious. Maybe it's a raised sound pressure due to improved seal, or the overall presentation makes me listen on a volume level I'm not accustomed to. Need to dig into.

ps: they for sure not meant for [my] analytic listening. no way. never. my favorite tracks give me goosebumps. literally. over and over again.

pps: ordered the SPC cable for them, eager to compare. not a believer but something tells me that in this case it might be worth a try.

If the bass is really overbearing or drowns out your mids, see these posts:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/post-15470203
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/post-15471047

Apr 9, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #46,947 of 101,280

I just got my TRI I3 today too, posted a OOTB impression at the dedicated TRI headfi thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tri...rently-i4-and-i3.921113/page-14#post-15549746

The midbass is north of neutral, but it's not at basshead levels for for me. Maybe u can try wider bore tips, in general they lower the bass quantity. Narrower bore ones generally increase bass quantity for me.
Though I think @CopperFox may be spot on about the bass port issue, great tip from @CopperFox .

Apr 9, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #46,948 of 101,280
Hello, it's been a long time. Glad that Urbanfun ISS014 has got the hype it deserves, although the company does raise the price a bit.
My newest addition after TRI I3 has been the outstanding Samsung Galaxy Buds+. This time I agree with everything Crinacle said on his site. Just EQ -2dB around 3kHz and the Buds+ can compete with Chinese wired offerings double the $150 asking price. I get them at $97 brand new, basically a steal.
20200331_103554.jpg

By the way, TRI I3 with foam tips is excellent. The tips flatten the 8kHz peak, and I can really feel the magic of the planar drivers in the thick mid. Soundstage is the best in my collection now.

Apr 9, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #46,949 of 101,280
Hello, it's been a long time. Glad that Urbanfun ISS014 has got the hype it deserves, although the company does raise the price a bit.
My newest addition after TRI I3 has been the outstanding Samsung Galaxy Buds+. This time I agree with everything Crinacle said on his site. Just EQ -2dB around 3kHz and the Buds+ can compete with Chinese wired offerings double the $150 asking price. I get them at $97 brand new, basically a steal.
20200331_103554.jpg
By the way, TRI I3 with foam tips is excellent. The tips flatten the 8kHz peak, and I can really feel the magic of the planar drivers in the thick mid. Soundstage is the best in my collection now.

So, then the new, also from Samsung, AKG N400 which are more sound quality oriented should be quite good. :)

Apr 9, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #46,950 of 101,280
Narrower bore ones generally increase bass quantity for me.
Yes, in my case with two-flanged spinfits bass was especially massive but the whirlwinds, fe, quite amend it.
Soundstage is the best in my collection now.
When I first shoved them into my ears they had sounded so spacious I was compelled to check that no DSP effects are in place. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back