The discovery thread!
Apr 1, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #46,891 of 101,461
[IMG]

Modding Your Internal Hardware: How To Remove Upper-Midrange Peaks With Audiophile Olive Oil

THE PROBLEM

What? Audiophile olive oil? Who has not had the disappointing experience of unboxing a long expected earphone and then be shocked by an overly harsh and hard sound perception. Such hardness is typically introduced by peaks between 2 and 4 kHz, the most sensitive frequency segment for the human ear. Or not? It has been established that Asian provocative ears are less sensitive to shrillness and shoutiness, in fact such sonic liveliness is deemed desirable [our article on nastypeaks]. Western ears are more cautious towards uberrepresented frequencies, but the western markets are negligibly small in comparison so that Chi-Fi tuners frequently do not offer special consideration. European and North American customers have no choice but deploy either (reversible) modding techniques or add third-party devices.

We have discussed on this blog before that the cheapest way of altering sound in an earphone is changing the stock tips [our article on eartips]. Narrow-bore tips typically yield a deeper, tubier soundstage, whereas wide-bores attenuate bass and reveal treble. The second cheapest way of changing sound is (reversible) modding [our reversible modding principles]. Micropore tape over nozzles can work wonders with that peaky upper end. If you are a lawyer or heart surgeon, or another rich twit, you may try your luck with pricey cables or calm the sound of your expensive however aggressive earphone with the distant memory of your pleasant unboxing experience.

But have you ever considered not altering the external hardware, i.e. earphones, but rather manipulating the internal hardware, i.e. your very own ear canals? Humans manipulate their hardware all the time for all sorts of purposes, from working out in the gym for fitness, through seeking healthy improvements by medications or supplements, even plastic surgery, to doping in professional sports.
THE SOLUTION

Researchers at the “Max Planck Institut für Strömungsforschung” in Germany have discovered an amazingly simple way of smoothing perceived sound by smoothing your ear canals to minimize internal distortion and resonance. To achieve this, the researchers first shaved the accessible frontal part of the ear canal and then lubricated the inner walls. In order to achieve maximum smoothness, the lubricant has to be of a favourable viscosity.

olive oil
The smoothening effect of audiophile olive oil is reflected by the frequently response.

Viscosity is defined as a measure of the internal friction, that is the resistance of a liquid against being moved/deformed. According to the researchers, the viscosity of the fluid in the ear has to be just right so that the thin film covering the ear canal does not tear when the earpieces are inserted. Dr. Schnuckelbein, who was leading the team of the Max Plank Institute, told audioreviews.org that olive oil fulfills all these requirements. But hold it, not any cheap olive oil does the job. The one that works best comes from the Argana valley in Morocco and from various locations of Tunesia.

audiophile olive oil
Order your audiophile olive oil from audioreviews.org NOW!

PROFESSIONAL TESTIMONIES

Other reviewers confirm my positive experience. The Crinch reports that the lubrication of the olive oil put his graph tool into an endless spin. The Audiotool found the oil useful for removing rust from himself, and the ant-eater uses it for frying up his dinner, too. Not sure how the Contraceptionst deployed it but primate audio failed to superimpose graphs of different earphones after too generous an application…they simply slipped off each other. Alaskan good girl bad girl (AGGBG) eventually even smoothened out her foul language with the oil so that Discord were forced to rename themselves to Concord. Co-blogger KopyOkaty, finally, was very successful in restoring his hearing and recover from his moderate deafness. Only Dead-Fi remained dead, even with the finest audiophile olive oil.

CONCLUDING REMARKS

In summary, audiophile olive oil is way more effective and versatile than snake oil for improving one’s listening pleasure. Applied together with hard liquor, it creates a sensation of optimistic listening, promotes expectation bias, and it has been proven as a good tool against buyer’s remorse. Last but not least it is is much cheaper than snake oil, too. You can order a 10 ml bottle of audiophile olive oil from us for only $49.99; worldwide shipping and a free pipette included. Hey, after all, we have to start making some money.

And since we can’t do this every day, our special offer will expire on 2nd April 2020.
This is a great April fool

Apr 1, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #46,892 of 101,461
[IMG]

Modding Your Internal Hardware: How To Remove Upper-Midrange Peaks With Audiophile Olive Oil

THE PROBLEM

What? Audiophile olive oil? Who has not had the disappointing experience of unboxing a long expected earphone and then be shocked by an overly harsh and hard sound perception. Such hardness is typically introduced by peaks between 2 and 4 kHz, the most sensitive frequency segment for the human ear. Or not? It has been established that Asian provocative ears are less sensitive to shrillness and shoutiness, in fact such sonic liveliness is deemed desirable [our article on nastypeaks]. Western ears are more cautious towards uberrepresented frequencies, but the western markets are negligibly small in comparison so that Chi-Fi tuners frequently do not offer special consideration. European and North American customers have no choice but deploy either (reversible) modding techniques or add third-party devices.

We have discussed on this blog before that the cheapest way of altering sound in an earphone is changing the stock tips [our article on eartips]. Narrow-bore tips typically yield a deeper, tubier soundstage, whereas wide-bores attenuate bass and reveal treble. The second cheapest way of changing sound is (reversible) modding [our reversible modding principles]. Micropore tape over nozzles can work wonders with that peaky upper end. If you are a lawyer or heart surgeon, or another rich twit, you may try your luck with pricey cables or calm the sound of your expensive however aggressive earphone with the distant memory of your pleasant unboxing experience.

But have you ever considered not altering the external hardware, i.e. earphones, but rather manipulating the internal hardware, i.e. your very own ear canals? Humans manipulate their hardware all the time for all sorts of purposes, from working out in the gym for fitness, through seeking healthy improvements by medications or supplements, even plastic surgery, to doping in professional sports.
THE SOLUTION

Researchers at the “Max Planck Institut für Strömungsforschung” in Germany have discovered an amazingly simple way of smoothing perceived sound by smoothing your ear canals to minimize internal distortion and resonance. To achieve this, the researchers first shaved the accessible frontal part of the ear canal and then lubricated the inner walls. In order to achieve maximum smoothness, the lubricant has to be of a favourable viscosity.

olive oil
The smoothening effect of audiophile olive oil is reflected by the frequently response.

Viscosity is defined as a measure of the internal friction, that is the resistance of a liquid against being moved/deformed. According to the researchers, the viscosity of the fluid in the ear has to be just right so that the thin film covering the ear canal does not tear when the earpieces are inserted. Dr. Schnuckelbein, who was leading the team of the Max Plank Institute, told audioreviews.org that olive oil fulfills all these requirements. But hold it, not any cheap olive oil does the job. The one that works best comes from the Argana valley in Morocco and from various locations of Tunesia.

audiophile olive oil

PROFESSIONAL TESTIMONIES

Other reviewers confirm my positive experience. The Crinch reports that the lubrication of the olive oil put his graph tool into an endless spin. The Audiotool found the oil useful for removing rust from himself, and the ant-eater uses it for frying up his dinner, too. Not sure how the Contraceptionst deployed it but primate audio failed to superimpose graphs of different earphones after too generous an application…they simply slipped off each other. Alaskan good girl bad girl (AGGBG) eventually even smoothened out her foul language with the oil so that Discord were forced to rename themselves to Concord. Co-blogger KopyOkaty, finally, was very successful in restoring his hearing and recover from his moderate deafness. Only Dead-Fi remained dead, even with the finest audiophile olive oil.

CONCLUDING REMARKS

In summary, audiophile olive oil is way more effective and versatile than snake oil for improving one’s listening pleasure. Applied together with hard liquor, it creates a sensation of optimistic listening, promotes expectation bias, and it has been proven as a good tool against buyer’s remorse. Last but not least it is is much cheaper than snake oil, too. You can order a 10 ml bottle of audiophile olive oil from us for only $49.99; worldwide shipping and a free pipette included. Hey, after all, we have to start making some money.

And since we can’t do this every day, our special offer will expire on 2nd April 2020.

I was *this* close to lubing my canals (!) with Olive Oil. Darn.

Apr 1, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #46,893 of 101,461
[IMG]

THE PROBLEM

THE SOLUTION

olive oil

audiophile olive oil

PROFESSIONAL TESTIMONIES

CONCLUDING REMARKS

Good april fool's joke!

You should have sold your olive oil in this bottle here:

635665280994983032-snakeoil.png

Apr 1, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #46,894 of 101,461
Apr 1, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #46,896 of 101,461
I was *this* close to lubing my canals (!) with Olive Oil. Darn.
The photo is real! Calgary has a dry climate and I really lubricated my ear canals with olive oil. Works - but it does not improve listening sensation, of course.

Apr 1, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #46,898 of 101,461
The photo is real! Calgary has a dry climate and I really lubricated my ear canals with olive oil. Works - but it does not improve listening sensation, of course.
Unless your ears are blocked with wax of course :p

Apr 2, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #46,899 of 101,461
People aren't gravitating to buy them even on a small sales discount. And the price isn't so take one for the team friendly. So will wait it out and see
We have a global recession coming. I'd say at least the next 2 years will have the significantly worse sale figures for all hobby/luxury type items comparing to pre-outbreak state.
What follows next - nobody can say for sure yet.

Apr 2, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #46,900 of 101,461
I found a graph of GOLDPLANAR GL20 from a korean blog
https://m.blog.naver.com/tatapo19/221749565376
GOLDPLANAR_GL20_DF.png

very similar to Audeze iems without cipher cable

I saw the Goldplanar line of over-ear planars on Taobao and they looked exactly like a rebrand of the Monoprice range of over-ear planars. So maybe that could be a rebrand of some Monoprice in-ear planar.

Edit: This for example:

1585600741806.png

Anyway this Gold Planar GL20 is selling on Aliexpress now.

$149.99

Specs
Impedance: 20ohms
Sensitivity: 103dB
Frequency Response: 6Hz - 50KhHz
Driver: 28mm planar driver. Nano Scale Diaphragm

Hc14cf3ba8f5743a2a0d0e9450b58574fE.jpg

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Graph looks weird for sure, anybody tried it yet? Fit also looks like it might be weird too.

Apr 2, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #46,901 of 101,461
Anyway this Gold Planar GL20 is selling on Aliexpress now.

$149.99

Specs
Impedance: 20ohms
Sensitivity: 103dB
Frequency Response: 6Hz - 50KhHz
Driver: 28mm planar driver. Nano Scale Diaphragm

Hc14cf3ba8f5743a2a0d0e9450b58574fE.jpg

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Graph looks weird for sure, anybody tried it yet? Fit also looks like it might be weird too.
I think @muths66 had it

Apr 2, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #46,903 of 101,461
Apr 2, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #46,904 of 101,461
I saw the Goldplanar line of over-ear planars on Taobao and they looked exactly like a rebrand of the Monoprice range of over-ear planars. So maybe that could be a rebrand of some Monoprice in-ear planar.

Most likely Monoprice gets them from the same factory and just like drugs, when the patent runs out after a time, things become generic and others can get them. Most likely Monoprice had them more exclusively for a year and now the factory created their brand and are selling them or are letting others brand them more. Monoprice rebrands Chinese stuff so obviously they don't make them.

Good price. Which reminds me. While we are in lock down. Aliexpress does have their anniversary sales going on. It is more or less the same prices from last years 11.11 sales.

Time to snap up on them goods you have been meaning to try out.
We have a global recession coming. I'd say at least the next 2 years will have the significantly worse sale figures for all hobby/luxury type items comparing to pre-outbreak state.
What follows next - nobody can say for sure yet.

Okay, I'll fix it. Time for those who still have jobs to snap things up. Though, really better to use your funds to support your local economy than to buy stuff from China.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #46,905 of 101,461
@RikudouGoku last time u bought a Peacock Audio P1 right? How was it?

Seems the same company/co brand is releasing a new model on Aliexpress. Damn psychedelic colours!! I imagine if I dropped this IEM in some grassy forested area, it will never be found again, good camouflage!!

Reecho&Peacock Audio Spring Custom Triple Driver IEM

$130

Details:
Professional 2DD + 1BA Triple Driver
. Equipped with the Reecho self-developed coaxial structure 8mm dynamic driver and BRC30095 high frequency balanced armature, along with the independent dynamic driver and balanced armature design, this model delivers a unbelievable ductility from 10KHz-20KHz. Tuned with balanced three frequency this earphone suits for most music style and feel free to choose it

Unique Aluminum Annular Diaphragm. This model adopts a special dynamic driver of the breakthrough aluminum annular diaphragm, bringing easy control in low frequency transient and better resolution. With the separate cavity, the dynamic driver takes advantage of coaxial driver to deliver a broad sound field.

Driver: Dual Dynamic Driver + BRC30095 Balanced Armature
Frequency Response: 10Hz - 38KHz
Impedance: 16ohms
Sensitivity: 106dB
Connector: 0.78mm 2Pin

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back