The discovery thread!
Feb 2, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #46,426 of 100,587
hey, i also have the Blessing 2 coming but not soon like you
Ehhk, mine also not so soon since I probably gonna have to wait till late of this month or early march to get them because of the outbreak....

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #46,427 of 100,587
Don't like the email notifications either. Used to get the entire post. Now it's just a few words.

Feb 2, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #46,428 of 100,587
Don't like the email notifications either. Used to get the entire post. Now it's just a few words.

Yep turned them off useless now...

Feb 2, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #46,429 of 100,587
Where did the signatures go? How am I supposed to know what gear I have?

Seriously though. New formats are always a pain to get used to.

Ehhk, mine also not so soon since I probably gonna have to wait till late of this month or early march to get them because of the outbreak....
I honestly am not quite sure what to do with myself. I actually overpaid and bought a couple of cables off Amazon. No sense in putting in an Ali order in the near future.... I really wonder how all this is going to effect the world economies if this gets any worse. At this point can we Really actually expect this virus to slow down and for China to open back up on the 9th?

My gut says no. At some point, something has to give though....

At what point does a virus with maybe around a ~1% fatality risk get overridden by economic concerns...? I have a feeling this might be when we find that out. If it had started in the US I have no doubt the economic concerns would have already won out....

Feb 2, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #46,430 of 100,587
Feb 2, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #46,431 of 100,587
Where did the signatures go? How am I supposed to know what gear I have?

Seriously though. New formats are always a pain to get used to.

I honestly am not quite sure what to do with myself. I actually overpaid and bought a couple of cables off Amazon. No sense in putting in an Ali order in the near future.... I really wonder how all this is going to effect the world economies if this gets any worse. At this point can we Really actually expect this virus to slow down and for China to open back up on the 9th?

My gut says no. At some point, something has to give though...

At what point does a virus with maybe around a ~1% fatality risk get overridden by economic concerns...? I have a feeling this might be when we find that out. If it had started in the US I have no doubt the economic concerns would have already won out....
I didn't buy through Ali, I PO-ed from my local reseller. If things doesn't work, I might need to cancel it

Feb 2, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #46,432 of 100,587

My gut says no. At some point, something has to give though....

In 2002/2003, when SARs hit the world from China, it roughly took about 8 - 9 months for everything to settle down and the virus to be eradicated.
From the news reports, this Wuhan virus (AKA 2019-nCOV) seems to be less fatal than SARs, but more contagious, so I'm pretty doubtful things will settle down before the next few months at least. Actually this Wuhan virus thingy is less fatal than some other flu viruses as per this table, and I have a suspicion there are more undeclared/undiagnosed cases in China than what they are letting on, so maybe the mortality rate is even lower than the quoted 2.2%.

But for sure this may trigger a recession this year unfortunately. In my country in Asia (Singapore), a lot of folks have stopped going to outdoor gatherings or shopping centres, and a lot of travel has been curbed to and from China. According to this article (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-is-more-dangerous-for-the-economy-than-sars), compared to the previous SARs outbreak in 2002/2003, right now China has a larger share of global GDP, so the economic future for this year isn't the best. CHIFI made leaps and bounds in 2019, but it really looks like for 2020, CHIFI might be affected downstream due to less local Chinese investment/production/transport due to this Wuhan virus thingy too, which is a bummer.

5e35c9a75bc79c7e8f421d82.jpeg

Feb 2, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #46,436 of 100,587
Yep turned them off useless now...
I'm contemplating doing the same. Useless, and if I gotta log in all the time to go through all the unread/ not applicable to me posts, I'm sure I won't be as active on the site anymore. Please change this back to the way it was before, Headfi. Or else I might become dormant again. Last time, it was about 14 years.

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #46,439 of 100,587
New update is targeted at mobile phone, it look real bad on a desktop
Agree.
Somethines I wonder WHY-O-WHY they need to break/renew something that is working PERFECTLY!
I wish they turn back to old H-Fi for PC browsers and do separate thing for mobile.

Feb 3, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #46,440 of 100,587
I'm contemplating doing the same. Useless, and if I gotta log in all the time to go through all the unread/ not applicable to me posts, I'm sure I won't be as active on the site anymore. Please change this back to the way it was before, Headfi. Or else I might become dormant again. Last time, it was about 14 years.
I keep all the threads that I read open in separate tabs, so each time I open the browser ( chrome) all last tabs open up too. ( a settting in chrome allows it to save what tabs was last open and when you open it again they all come back)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back