The discovery thread!
Feb 3, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #46,456 of 100,565
So something a bit interesting about this thread. I had no idea but the new site change allows us to see just how much traffic we have gotten over the years on this particular thread. We have had over 5 million views from members and non members that come into this thread to read what is happening here.

That is astounding. Lol.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #46,457 of 100,565
So something a bit interesting about this thread. I had no idea but the new site change allows us to see just how much traffic we have gotten over the years on this particular thread. We have had over 5 million views from members and non members that come into this thread to read what is happening here.

That is astounding. Lol.
Stupendous!

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #46,458 of 100,565
A big number the 5,000,000 but over the years it averages to 1,700+ views per day. The total number is big but it has been over 9 years. Can't say for others but about what I would expect for the average. Probably decreasing as well. Lost some after the first format change we lost some and there is more forum/blog/review site competition than there used to be.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #46,459 of 100,565
Well just the fact that it has been running and is still very active as ever since the beginning. I think all you guys contributing to the crazy hobby and posting about it here is what attracts your casual enthusiast. Cuz I do encourage participation. I like the fact that we can chat about anything audio related on this thread. In any case. You guys are awesome for all contributing to this long ongoing thread. :beerchug:

Feb 3, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #46,460 of 100,565
So I just visited Penon site and I think generally this will apply to most vendors that we deal with.

Due to the spread of the new coronavirus 2019-nCoV, some employees will not be able to return to work due to traffic blockages during the Chinese New Year holiday. Our company will extend the holiday until February 3, and the limited customer service and logistics services are relatively slow.

Due to short of staff, we will temporarily close our sales stores on platforms other than our website to maintain our website’s services.

If you have already placed order and would like to cancel it first, please email us and we will do as you wish, but don’t worry, give us more time to deal with it.

Thank you all for your help and support, protect yourself and hope that the epidemic will soon get better.

Feb 3, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #46,461 of 100,565
I messaged Linsoul last night and they said they can process orders but only with standard shipping as DHL is closed until the 10th. I wonder if it won’t be longer though so I’m going to wait until ordering anything until I know it won’t just get lost in the chaos.

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #46,462 of 100,565
So I would hold off on ordering from China for a bit as the spread of the virus seems to be much more serious than what is official on the news. The chance that whatever you order getting to you in a timely manner is not really realistic right now. Work force seems to be at a temporary hiatus.

As crazy as we are reading about the possible pandemic. Imagine being in China right now. Wondering if just going out to buy groceries you are at risk. It is a big deal. We will find out more within the next couple of weeks how the spread of the virus will continue. China has to start back up their economy and their workforce at some point. But at the same time everyone there I am sure is extremely worried. I would be too. In these times I think the best thing to do is to actually not order anything at the moment. Ultimately getting a new toy or accessory is not so important in the big picture.

Aliexpress vendors will not be able to send anything folks have ordered during the holiday sales not probably till after the 10th. And even then it all depends on if people are actually working in the shipping sector. So it is more complicated than just workers getting back to work. I got a very worried message from Penon and while these folks will do everything in their power to appease the online patrons of their site.

The rest of the world should keep these folks in your prayers and thoughts.

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #46,463 of 100,565
Going in to an office with a controlled environment, is quite a bit different than being a delivery person who has to travel all around to multiple places, picking up & dropping off freight - when there's a dangerous virus outbreak.

Feb 4, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #46,464 of 100,565
So I would hold off on ordering from China for a bit as the spread of the virus seems to be much more serious than what is official on the news. The chance that whatever you order getting to you in a timely manner is not really realistic right now. Work force seems to be at a temporary hiatus.

As crazy as we are reading about the possible pandemic. Imagine being in China right now. Wondering if just going out to buy groceries you are at risk. It is a big deal. We will find out more within the next couple of weeks how the spread of the virus will continue. China has to start back up their economy and their workforce at some point. But at the same time everyone there I am sure is extremely worried. I would be too. In these times I think the best thing to do is to actually not order anything at the moment. Ultimately getting a new toy or accessory is not so important in the big picture.

Aliexpress vendors will not be able to send anything folks have ordered during the holiday sales not probably till after the 10th. And even then it all depends on if people are actually working in the shipping sector. So it is more complicated than just workers getting back to work. I got a very worried message from Penon and while these folks will do everything in their power to appease the online patrons of their site.

The rest of the world should keep these folks in your prayers and thoughts.

Yeah, I think I mentioned in another thread that I was scheduled for a quite large furniture trade show in China (Guangzhou) in the second half of March but Chinese authorities has canceled the whole event with no new date yet.....

Also out Shanghai office has been told that they're not allowed to go back to work until February 10th (should have started yesterday), I wouldn't be surprised if this also changes again.

Feb 4, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #46,465 of 100,565
I ordered one of these on drop. Seems to be a good deal for the $150 price.
1580825424237.png
Shozy form 1.4. Beryllium coated dynamic and 4BAs.
Won't be till March delivery but heck it is being sold for $50 less than RP. Decent deal. Will report once I get em.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #46,466 of 100,565
I ordered one of these on drop. Seems to be a good deal for the $150 price.
1580825424237.pngShozy form 1.4. Beryllium coated dynamic and 4BAs.
Won't be till March delivery but heck it is being sold for $50 less than RP. Decent deal. Will report once I get em.

Thats a great bargain compared to aliexpress price at same price with H40.
Curious about this one too, especially compared to H40

Feb 4, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #46,467 of 100,565
I saw HBBs review on them. Seems to like them a lot. I think it is his current under $200 fave. He posted the graph on them on his review and it matches up very similarly to DUNUs DK-3001pros. But as you all know graphs aren't everything. Looks like a well balanced hybrid. Compelling at that price. Will see how they are.

Feb 4, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #46,468 of 100,565
I thought of ordering those on Drop but the fact that they have to place the order with the factory after the Drop ends and what’s going on in China right now, I’m wondering if that delivery estimate is likely.

Feb 4, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #46,469 of 100,565
If there is a crazy outbreak. They might have to cancel that. Worse case scenario they will probably just refund the order.

Best case scenario. The worlds leading drug manufacturers are hard at work on a vaccine. I read they are making some progress too so it will only be a matter of time before a cure.

Feb 4, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #46,470 of 100,565
BGVP has an interesting dual BA TWS that also comes with MMCX sockets and a cable. It should be a good choice for folks who don't mind a bit of hotness in the treble. I just posted my review for anyone interested.

BGVP Q2_14.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back