The discovery thread!
May 21, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #42,406 of 100,732
The kpe were close to perfect for me and all I am hoping for in the kxxs is more forward vocals which are slightly fuller and also I am hoping the increased bass of the kxxs do not interfere with the clarity which the kpe produces with ease.
Also very interested about KXXS impressions (though, KPE is quite perfect for my ears and gear).
Where did You read about KXXS increased bass? I wouldn`t want any bit more bass (especially mid-bass) than KPE already has.

May 23, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #42,408 of 100,732
F3 review is almost done. Detail is really superb. I need to EQ it a bit at 5k to keep it from getting fatiguing but am lobbying NiceHCK for a .v2 with a bit less treble energy. If they do make that tuning, it will be a world beater.

May 24, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #42,409 of 100,732
Advanced Sound Furai
https://www.adv-sound.com/products/furai
Triple Driver Hybrid. 2 BA and the DD from the GT3 Superbass. $499

adv_furai_website_05_1080x.jpg

May 24, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #42,413 of 100,732
How many of you have listened to the NiceHCK DZX 2+7 or 1+8?

How is it?

Any comparison with SONY IER-M7?

Will appreciate your replies.

Thank you!

May 24, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #42,414 of 100,732
Would buy it if it was $200
Def but at the same time Adv always prices their stuff appropriately IMO. Solid packaging and customer service, plus their points system is great.

May 27, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #42,416 of 100,732
I was just checking my old stuff to get rid of...came across Koss KSC75(without foam pad)..and holy s##t...i loved the balanced sound signature(or probably forward mids), crystal clear vocals and highs, amazing separation...Suddenly felt like I was missing those vocals on DM6. I think BAs are not so good with vocals, they sound lifeless to my ears(Especially after listening to Koss)
Any recent iems in the market which sound like KSC75 with slightly more bass?

May 27, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #42,418 of 100,732
Hey guys, just want to bring up again, that there are expensive but nearly perfect IEMs out there that could stop your hunt, if you wished to.

I've been on the hunt for the ONE for me and luckily found it in the faultless InEar Prophile P8.
It is expensive (bought it for 800€ used) but due the overall faultless uncolored and superior sound it was worth it too me in the end.

I do not need to check out the DM6s, Fearless's, Fiio's…in this world. Just enjoy the music now. Those other mentioned don't even tickle me or my wallet.

And if you are in the need to color the P8 you have two switches for bass and treble and it well responses to different cables and sources which can color the sound additionally strongly.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

May 27, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #42,420 of 100,732
Hey guys, just want to bring up again, that there are expensive but nearly perfect IEMs out there that could stop your hunt, if you wished to.

I've been on the hunt for the ONE for me and luckily found it in the faultless InEar Prophile P8.
It is expensive (bought it for 800€ used) but due the overall faultless uncolored and superior sound it was worth it too me in the end.

I do not need to check out the DM6s, Fearless's, Fiio's…in this world. Just enjoy the music now. Those other mentioned don't even tickle me or my wallet.

And if you are in the need to color the P8 you have two switches for bass and treble and it well responses to different cables and sources which can color the sound additionally strongly.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

aaand.... i have just tried this PP8 (my friend's) yesterday

i concur. it would be my next purchase if i ever wanted to stop buying/ trying other gears. it is (at least to me) the most ideal sound i have heard yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back