The discovery thread!
Nov 30, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #40,246 of 100,522
Good question. Well I actually bought the DMG for full price from Linsul on Amazon upon first release. The M6 as you know is a review sample from Jim.

I know many guys have passed on these for the DM6 and I don't blame them. I have a good idea of the DM6 from reading all the sound descriptions. However imo the DMGs are definitely worth the money paid for a pair. Especially NiceHCKs version. Due to the subtle improvements over the stock DMG. Plus you throw on the a nice SPC cable on the green one and they look like

Lol.

Plus with recent discovery of how much they change with cables. Ya the DMG DM6 M6. Being the most recent out of the bunch. Are all discovery material.

The best part of the DMG/M6 is their potential. Just from listening to these recently with higher end cables the resolution is much better than you guys might think. It becomes a different tier of earphone with a nicer higher end cable in balanced.

These earphones are perfect test beds for cables tips and even filters. They are begging for trial and error. I have a feeling there is more to come with these for some reason.

Finding out about their potential recently has actually been eye opening. In the big picture. The package and cable they come with are bare bones but it is not every day you get a 6 driver hybrid that is actually got good coherency complete with a nice broad sound and definition ( dependent on cables of course). For the cash.

Ya they are worthy of money paid for the pair. Easily
So generally all earphones require some tip rolling.

Since the dmg and m6 have filters, they require filter rolling too.

Now they require cable rolling as well xD

Anyway, would you still recommend getting a upgrade cable if i am only going for single ended cable? (I don't have any balance output)

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #40,247 of 100,522
How is the DMG / M6 tuned? I've thought about purchasing it myself, but I'm not much of a fan of anything primarily "V" tuned.
I find the DMG to be well balamced, not much of a v shape but we all hear differently

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #40,248 of 100,522
How is the DMG / M6 tuned? I've thought about purchasing it myself, but I'm not much of a fan of anything primarily "V" tuned.

Most earphones are v tuned. My Andromeda S is V tuned. My Solaris is V tuned. The reason for the V is how we perceive bass and treble. Generally we associate dynamics with treble extension and bass extension. To me it is not really a problem with a V tuning it is how well they are tuned that matters to me. If you want more forwardness in the mids than these might not be for you but this being said. I was using the M6 with a nicer cable and I never once thought the mids was recessed in any way. The mids might take a step back from the bass punch or the treble shimmer but they are not really missing any nuances in the mids while this is going on. If anything you can give them a go and see how you like them. They can easily be sold off if you decide you want to move on from them.

If you don't mind doing a bit of tinkering via tips and cables. These are definitely worth a purchase.

So generally all earphones require some tip rolling.

Since the dmg and m6 have filters, they require filter rolling too.

Now they require cable rolling as well xD

My alo cables I has been saying brings the M6 up to a different level are both single ended. No need for a balanced cable to hear the difference.

Anyway, would you still recommend getting a upgrade cable if i am only going for single ended cable? (I don't have any balance output)

My alo cables are both in single ended. No need for balanced cable to hear the differences.

Nov 30, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #40,249 of 100,522
I literally work with copper everyday, and how it conducts, and what influences it as far as power and noise goes. And cables are kind of a joke to me also. A well built cable, sure I'll pay a bit for, but these 2k cable, I can't understand. Anyway, I'm off topic. My toneking bl1 order had to be cancelled, so, now, I'm wondering if I order from Penon instead, or just get the dm6 next time it goes on sale. Really looks like the hype is justified here.
I asked somebody who should know - a professional audio dealer. And he diplomatically replied:
"Maybe everyone has their own feelings, or hobbies."

In real life you would need two earphone pairs with different cables and a really good sonic memory - which I haven't, sadly.

1.gif

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #40,250 of 100,522
I "discovered" an "oldie" the magAosi K5; very well build, nice cable (that must be the v2 cable then) and they sound amazing if I pair them with defoamed symbio's. A bit bass shy but that was to be expected. The package is very complete with 2 cables (3.5" and bluetooth); a truckload of crappy tips and an ok case. DM6 has more bass but I prefer the K5's signature and lack of treble issues.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #40,252 of 100,522
I "discovered" an "oldie" the magAosi K5; very well build, nice cable (that must be the v2 cable then) and they sound amazing if I pair them with defoamed symbio's. A bit bass shy but that was to be expected. The package is very complete with 2 cables (3.5" and bluetooth); a truckload of crappy tips and an ok case. DM6 has more bass but I prefer the K5's signature and lack of treble issues.
Wow I was listening to music last night with the Magaosi K3 Pro and the new unfoamed mandarin symbio tips and really enjoyed the session

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #40,254 of 100,522
Wow I was listening to music last night with the Magaosi K3 Pro and the new unfoamed mandarin symbio tips and really enjoyed the session

Ha! I DE foamed some Symbios the other day and listened to my k3 pro for a few days with them also. I've always liked guitars on the magaosi but not fond of the rest of the presentation. Wonder how much better that k5 is.

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #40,257 of 100,522
I personally love the stock M6 cable as far as how well built and microphonics go, I just wish there was a mic version so I could easily change tracks. The brain/ear combo has certain traits or resolution where we are able to perceive differences (i.e. certain level difference in the low end is 3db, the upper end where we can detect 1db and even maybe 0.5db, distortion etc)...in other words a cable would have to be really faulty or the connection point more importantly to impact this known resolution.

Pretty sure earphone insertion changes probably have more effect than cables---that is something that is well documented (sealing, insertion depth) and can be measured and compared to the resolution of our hearing. This might be too sciency though so carry on...I like the M6 cable, but it only has to do with
1) feel-feels very robust (subjective)
2) the microphonics are low
3) it does not tangle as easy as the flimsy/thinner braided cables
4) the ear hooks are shaped nicely

Nicehck/BGVP did a nice job on these earphones soundwise, and the comfort is great too.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #40,259 of 100,522
Nov 30, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #40,260 of 100,522

Users who are viewing this thread

Back