1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. Dsnuts Contributor
    Nope. Identical on both. To be honest the sound differences between these two are so minor it is not really worth changing up or even rebuying a M6 but just know for guys that want to try these. I would go for the M6 version. Not to mention it is actually cheaper as well. It seems the new filter that was recently available corrects what the M6 already does.

You can easily change up tips to correct that little bit of grain on the DMG so really not a big deal. I used the same tips on both earphones to make sure it had the same parameters before going back n forth.

At one point I had in my left ear the DMG and my right the M6. They could have passed for a match.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Toastybob likes this.
  2. Otto Motor
    Why did you get both and how good are they in the big picture?

geologist.jpg

3. Dsnuts Contributor
    Good question. Well I actually bought the DMG for full price from Linsul on Amazon upon first release. The M6 as you know is a review sample from Jim.

I know many guys have passed on these for the DM6 and I don't blame them. I have a good idea of the DM6 from reading all the sound descriptions. However imo the DMGs are definitely worth the money paid for a pair. Especially NiceHCKs version. Due to the subtle improvements over the stock DMG. Plus you throw on the a nice SPC cable on the green one and they look like

[​IMG]
    Lol.

Plus with recent discovery of how much they change with cables. Ya the DMG DM6 M6. Being the most recent out of the bunch. Are all discovery material.

The best part of the DMG/M6 is their potential. Just from listening to these recently with higher end cables the resolution is much better than you guys might think. It becomes a different tier of earphone with a nicer higher end cable in balanced.

These earphones are perfect test beds for cables tips and even filters. They are begging for trial and error. I have a feeling there is more to come with these for some reason.

Finding out about their potential recently has actually been eye opening. In the big picture. The package and cable they come with are bare bones but it is not every day you get a 6 driver hybrid that is actually got good coherency complete with a nice broad sound and definition ( dependent on cables of course). For the cash.

Ya they are worthy of money paid for the pair. Easily

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  4. Dsnuts Contributor
    So I got my new Pioneer XDP-30r today from recent Black Friday sales.

[​IMG]

These things look bulky kinda blocky. They look big for some reason on these pictures. The damn thing is like 2 X 3 inches. They are almost credit card size. Lol.
    I had no idea this thing was a mini player. I bought this thing for $140. I feel like I stole something. This thing sounds great too. I got a feeling they phasing these out for newer models. But heck I get to throw 2 cards in this thing and have it in my shirt pocket.

Love it when I get a nice surprise for the money. Next time you guys see one of these for a blow out deal. I read BnH photo where I bought these from has them being sold at $150 on occasion. Definitely worth your cash.

Been listening to this all night. No hiss using my Andromeda S. Bonus.

EarTips, Carlsan, HungryPanda and 3 others like this.
  5. hemipowered007
    I literally work with copper everyday, and how it conducts, and what influences it as far as power and noise goes. And cables are kind of a joke to me also. A well built cable, sure I'll pay a bit for, but these 2k cable, I can't understand. Anyway, I'm off topic. My toneking bl1 order had to be cancelled, so, now, I'm wondering if I order from Penon instead, or just get the dm6 next time it goes on sale. Really looks like the hype is justified here.

Otto Motor, HungryPanda and Toastybob like this.
  6. CoFire
    Ok, I went all in, hook line and sinker, wish me luck. From the reviews, this seems like a nice trade off between the TOTL ANC performers (Bose and Sony), sound quality and less ear pressure (this one is big for me).

Thanks for the Rec, for now... lol

dweaver, superuser1 and DBaldock9 like this.
  7. DBaldock9
    Single-ended and Balanced?

8. Kitechaser
    phthora likes this.
  9. SciOC
    Bummer about the bl1, what happened on that order? Some of the 11.11/BF deals on Ali are really turning out to be fishy. If I were you I'd have lost patience by now and probably ordered the DMG or something. I'm thinking with the demand, the DM6 might be a bit hard to get quickly for a while.

Someone posted this a little while ago about OCC.
    http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/Norse-Norne-Audio-Feedback

That was a really scientifically plausible hypothesis that also happens to be able to be easily measurable, yet for some reason they didn't provide any measurements....

Toastybob likes this.
  10. kukkurovaca

This is the one that's the same as the Onkyo DP-S1, right? In that case, yes, both single-ended and balanced, and balanced also has the option of running active control ground instead of normal balanced. (Less power than balanced, but better SQ)

The UI is a little clunky, but surprisingly usable. (Except when you have to enter text.)

DBaldock9 and Dsnuts like this.
  11. Trapok
    Mine with this tips:
    Low frequences is like night and day:

EZ D4 Tips.jpg

Otto Motor and Dsnuts like this.
  12. Apputty
    So I was right about Andromeda regarding impedance. There are a two settings for balanced and they sound different. Also if you want a better bass punch then try high gain mode. The balanced output sound better than single ended on pioneer xdp30r.

trellus and Dsnuts like this.
  13. Wiljen
    Looking forward to my M6 even more now. Got one on the way.

Dsnuts likes this.
  14. dweaver
    Cool, post what you think of them when they arrive. I hope you enjoy them like I am. I ordered a little cable so I can attach my ES100 to them making them BT almost wireless for convenience sake.

15. bogginhead
    How is the DMG / M6 tuned? I've thought about purchasing it myself, but I'm not much of a fan of anything primarily "V" tuned.