The discovery thread!
Dec 1, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #40,276 of 100,565
This is a case of vendors on the express chewing off more than they can chew. I bet realistically they probably had a handful of DM6s. 11.11 day comes and people are trying to get a better deal and they are overwhelmed with orders.

I am actually encouraged with the sudden popularity of the DM6. This will only mean better earphones to come from the company and you bet they will come out with even better offerings.

I'm discouraged. Waiting for the next better one they are gonna make and now they have to go and make a bunch more DM6's making me wait longer! :smiling_imp::upside_down:

I finally found what this one might look like...
Drjx5rcUwAIgIIX.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #40,277 of 100,565
So I was right about Andromeda regarding impedance. There are a two settings for balanced and they sound different. Also if you want a better bass punch then try high gain mode. The balanced output sound better than single ended on pioneer xdp30r.

Interesting........I have the Pioneer XDP 300r and it most certainly is not the best match for the Andromedas in my experience. It destroys the low end and comes off a bit bright. Works wonderfully on my UE18 Pro+ in balanced mode though. I assume this is an impedance issue and I am wondering if anyone knows the OI of the 300r vs the 30r. Donuts, are you hearing a robust bass response from your Andros out of 30r?

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #40,278 of 100,565
I have a weird question. Has anyone ever felt any vibrations in their ears with their DM6 or any other IEM for that matter? Particularly in rock tracks when the chorus kicks in or heavy bass comes in?

In theory there are supposed to be some vibrations and resonances which are countered effectively by modern tech like the tia drivers in my 64 Audio A6t but I've never felt them even in cheaper IEMs before in reality.

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #40,279 of 100,565
I just got it. Can't say robust. I have to give the player a chance to burn in but the few tunes I was listening to with my andromeda it didn't have any hiss issues which was a good sign. Now I do have the Andromeda S and not the stock version which while not having more treble emphasis it sounds like it does due to the less fuller mids of the S version. I wasn't listening for how the bass was responding but will most definitely give it a go soon after some run in time on the 30r.

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #40,280 of 100,565
I just got it. Can't say robust. I have to give the player a chance to burn in but the few tunes I was listening to with my andromeda it didn't have any hiss issues which was a good sign. Now I do have the Andromeda S and not the stock version which while not having more treble emphasis it sounds like it does due to the less fuller mids of the S version. I wasn't listening for how the bass was responding but will most definitely give it a go soon after some run in time on the 30r.
Great.....please let us know as I love the Andros but they are picky at times and I love the size of that 30r if it will gel well with Andros and DM6.

Dec 1, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #40,281 of 100,565
Great.....please let us know as I love the Andros but they are picky at times and I love the size of that 30r if it will gel well with Andros and DM6.
You have both the Andromedas and dm6? How do they compare? Obviously different price beaches, but similar makeup....

Dec 1, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #40,282 of 100,565
DADI COOL?
Well, one 11/11 item came through the Canadian postal defence and it was an ultrasonic cleaner. I thought I could clean my tips...hmmm, the device makes a noise but whether it makes a difference...the jury is still out.

UPDATE: yes, it works quite nicely but you have to add dish soap and use warm water.

IMG_7106.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #40,283 of 100,565
DADI COOL?
Well, one 11/11 item came through the Canadian postal defence and it was an ultrasonic cleaner. I thought I could clean my tips...well, the device makes a noise but whether it makes a difference...the jury is still out.

Holiday Party Appetizer. :ksc75smile:

Dec 1, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #40,285 of 100,565
I'm discouraged. Waiting for the next better one they are gonna make and now they have to go and make a bunch more DM6's making me wait longer! :smiling_imp::upside_down:

I finally found what this looks like...
Drjx5rcUwAIgIIX.jpg
Is this real or just made up render? Even the company that make Moondrop questioned this image on twitter.

*After searching, it's still in prototype phase.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #40,287 of 100,565
@drbluenewmexico from just their website DM6 page, you can see that they SHOLD have the red+blue in stock, but that's it... everything else needs to be made to order ("Other colors need wait for a few days , pls leave us a message if needed .") Contacting them is certainly a good idea, in any case :) . The Penon guys are good, and quite reliable .... they also answer emails promptly :).

Dec 1, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #40,288 of 100,565
So I got my new Pioneer XDP-30r today from recent Black Friday sales.

These things look bulky kinda blocky. They look big for some reason on these pictures. The damn thing is like 2 X 3 inches. They are almost credit card size. Lol.
I had no idea this thing was a mini player. I bought this thing for $140. I feel like I stole something. This thing sounds great too. I got a feeling they phasing these out for newer models. But heck I get to throw 2 cards in this thing and have it in my shirt pocket.

Love it when I get a nice surprise for the money. Next time you guys see one of these for a blow out deal. I read BnH photo where I bought these from has them being sold at $150 on occasion. Definitely worth your cash.

Been listening to this all night. No hiss using my Andromeda S. Bonus.

I got mine as well. Can see this being the player I use when I'm doing outdoor choirs or longing on a float in the pool (wrapped in plastic).
However, I think the iBasso 120, which is a bit bigger but just as portable, is a much better bang for the buck player. Yes it does cost more money, but the balanced out on the 120 is just as good as any balanced out on the AK players I've owned or heard, and almost as good as the outstanding DX200 with amp 8. The iBasso's make my new Solaris sing almost as good as the DX200's.

Anyway, back to the Pioneer's, yes they are great for $150. But they don't quite scale up as much as I was hoping.

Dec 1, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #40,289 of 100,565
I'm really annoyed with my DM6 order. I placed my order with Massdrop when they had the drop, maybe 2 months ago. I got a message that the earphones were delivered to my porch last Monday. My wife was home all day, and it rained all day. She never saw a FedEx truck. Never received the package.
Going back and forth with Massdrop, they asked that I wait 2 or 3 days in case it was still on the FedEx truck. I asked them to contact FedEx ASAP, as I'm afraid the driver is now driving around with my earphones in his ears. No response from MD.
Currently not happy, they have a lack of urgency and a lackluster response to my panic. They should have made an immediate claim with FedEx and let me know what was happening.

May have to rethink buying from Massdrop in the future, Amazon would have given my money back already.
Really, I don't want my money back, I want my phones, if they are on a truck I want them at my doorstep ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back