The discovery thread!
Dec 1, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #40,291 of 99,877
@drbluenewmexico from just their website DM6 page, you can see that they SHOLD have the red+blue in stock, but that's it... everything else needs to be made to order ("Other colors need wait for a few days , pls leave us a message if needed .") Contacting them is certainly a good idea, in any case :) . The Penon guys are good, and quite reliable .... they also answer emails promptly :).
They also send (at least they used to do that) Christmas cards :D

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #40,292 of 99,877
Interesting........I have the Pioneer XDP 300r and it most certainly is not the best match for the Andromedas in my experience. It destroys the low end and comes off a bit bright. Works wonderfully on my UE18 Pro+ in balanced mode though. I assume this is an impedance issue and I am wondering if anyone knows the OI of the 300r vs the 30r. Donuts, are you hearing a robust bass response from your Andros out of 30r?
I had noticed one thing in 30r, if you want a better punchy bass then changing it into high gain definitely helps. Its a little strange though as I don't notice the same effect on shanling m3s.
I don't know if you can still use that with Andromeda though.
There were some suggestions on the 30r thread.
In general the ess9018 is known to be more analytical in nature, but still it depends on the implementation.

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #40,293 of 99,877
This is interesting. But this doesn't really surprise me at all. There seems to be 2 versions of the BGVP DMGs. Mine has no vent on the back end of my DMGs. But

HTB1qa24XsfrK1RkSnb4q6xHRFXaY.jpg

These do. Here we have a revision that went unnoticed. These I suspect are the same as NiceHCKs M6. So some of you guys got the new DMGs and some don't. I suspect early adopters of the original DMG got the ones without the vent in the back of the housing. Newer ones will have this little minor detail including the M6.

BGVP has done this before. They released a cheaper hybrid DS1 with a mid forward tuning only to realize it might not be so popular among the international crowd so they retuned it and brought out a 2nd version. Don't know if it is BGVP or the OEM that makes them that is guilty. In any case. The one you want is the one with the vent on the back of the DMGs.

To be on the safe side. Get the NiceHCK version as all of their M6 will be this newer version.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #40,294 of 99,877
This is interesting. But this doesn't really surprise me at all. There seems to be 2 versions of the BGVP DMGs. Mine has no vent on the back end of my DMGs. But

HTB1qa24XsfrK1RkSnb4q6xHRFXaY.jpg

These do. Here we have a revision that went unnoticed. These I suspect are the same as NiceHCKs M6. So some of you guys got the new DMGs and some don't. I suspect early adopters of the original DMG got the ones without the vent in the back of the housing. Newer ones will have this little minor detail including the M6.

BGVP has done this before. They released a cheaper hybrid DS1 with a mid forward tuning only to realize it might not be so popular among the international crowd so they retuned it and brought out a 2nd version. Don't know if it is BGVP or the OEM that makes them that is guilty. In any case. The one you want is the one with the vent on the back of the DMGs.

To be on the safe side. Get the NiceHCK version as all of their M6 will be this newer version.
Looks like the M6!

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #40,295 of 99,877
It seems BGVP sidy is prone to do these things. They seem to improve stuff but just release stuff to the non knowing public as they do. It is good and bad at the same time. For early adapters we get a slightly lesser version. This new vent hole is there for a reason. Perhaps to lessen resonances in the sound/ treble? The tuning is the same but I definitely like the subtle improvements on the M6 which has that same vent on the back of the housing.

I am wondering if there are going to be variations in their flagship model as well the DM6 and just how tight the QC is. Somehow these variations in unknown adjustments kinda leaves a pit in your stomach. Which version are you gonna get. Lol.

But I bet if they actually rereleased the improved DMG with a new label. Who would actually buy the older one? This way by not announcing any differences or changes. They get rid of old stock to the unknowing public. On a business model kinda shrewd but makes sense.

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #40,297 of 99,877
Dec 1, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #40,299 of 99,877
I have asked this question in another thread, but @HungryPanda recommended me to ask it here because it would be more likely that someone could help me.

Hi.
I need your help.

I've been enjoying the NiceHCK M6 for a couple of days now. I've seen that it has many similarities with the BGVP DMG, so I've been reading reviews from here. I noticed in the @B9Scrambler review that DMGs are compatible with LZ A5 filters, which can be purchased here:

https://penonaudio.com/accessories/earphone-eartips/lz-a5-filters.html

My question is:

Does anyone know if LZ filters are compatible for the NiceHCK M6?

Thank you.

Dec 1, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #40,300 of 99,877
DSC06543.JPG M6 use the same housing that is on the DMG with same exact filters. No reason why LZ A5 filters can't work on the M6. IMO your better off spending that $20 towards a better cable. But if you must. A5 filters will work.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #40,303 of 99,877
I literally work with copper everyday, and how it conducts, and what influences it as far as power and noise goes. And cables are kind of a joke to me also. A well built cable, sure I'll pay a bit for, but these 2k cable, I can't understand. Anyway, I'm off topic. My toneking bl1 order had to be cancelled, so, now, I'm wondering if I order from Penon instead, or just get the dm6 next time it goes on sale. Really looks like the hype is justified here.
Why did your BL1 order get cancelled, and where did you originally order yours? I want to order them, but I've seen drastically different prices for them from various sellers and I don't want to just go the cheap route and maybe have something happen to my order.

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #40,305 of 99,877
@Carlsan How you liking your solaris?

Love them, can't get them out of my ears. All my other earphones, expensive or cheap, have been set aside.
My CL2's, Atlas, Toneking T88k'S, Hyla's, are to the side.
Have new Toneking BL1's and Moondrop Kanas Pro's still in the package.

Solaris rules them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back