The discovery thread!
Dec 10, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #34,486 of 100,132
Guys I got a chance to audition the JVC fw02 and my god it's a killer!! It was a relatively new pair without much listening time on it and the best part is I used a Sony A35 which is not known for its power and I have to say it performed miles ahead of the orivetti primacy which was tuned very loosely according to me. Sadly I wasn't getting any other source to try it out.
Maybe fw02 sounds more close to your likings ( it is a best iem no doubt) and Primacy carried a different sound signature , anyway i waiting to see how the FD01 sings,

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #34,487 of 100,132
Dec 10, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #34,488 of 100,132
Heard the beyerdynamic xelento and I don't have words yet to describe what I heard. My god that thing sounds out of this world.

Dec 10, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #34,489 of 100,132
Heard the beyerdynamic xelento and I don't have words yet to describe what I heard. My god that thing sounds out of this world.

Time to start saving up LOTS of pennies my friend!

I just looked at a few reviews. Yup, they seem to be amazing.

Dec 10, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #34,491 of 100,132
So I got a request to do some comparisons from the IT01 and RT-1.

Took both of them off the burn in station and gave both a good listen. First I have to say both are excellent for their respective prices. I can easily see why both would garner fan fare. This being said the RT-1 is bested by the IT01 in stage, detail and clarity.

IT01 represents one of the best single dynamic earphones I have heard which include GR07, Philips S2, Sony EX600 and the PX. Love the wide sound stage of the It01. This being said the RT-1 has a good sense of stage as well but not quite as wide or deep sounding as the IT01. The graphene bass is evident in both sets but the approach to bass is a bit different. The RT-1 has a good amount of mid and sub bass while the IT01 has more emphasis on the sub bass.

IF you guys see the FR of the IT01 is has zero roll off at 20Hz. Meaning it will hit any sub bass note with authority. The RT-1 also has some strong bass but a few dbs more in the mid bass giving the overall tone of the RT-1 a slight warm tilt. Both sets are V shaped sound FR but the clarity of the IT01 makes for better definition in the mids. While the RT-1 has a slightly fuller sound profile with a clean treble end that don't have any weird peaks or grain. I have to say the RT-1 sounds really nice with modern pop, RnB, hip hop and even rock but IT01 does instruments and big bands better due to the scale of the sound being wider with more defininition. IBasso did a crazy job on the IT01 and I have a feeling it will quickly become a headfi classic much like how the GR07 was.

RT-1s has what I consider more a consumer oritented tuning while the IT01 is more an audiophile bass head tuning. To counter the slightly warmish tilt to the sound I would wager the RT-1 with a nice aftermarket silver coated copper cable would come very close to the performance of the IT01.

The RT-1 is a bit less efficient than the IT01 but is easy to drive. I have to give them more time but they are growing on me for certain. Male vocals on the RT-1 sounds marvelous while female vocals on the IT01 has the edge. Instrument timbre again is better on the IT01 but RT-1 is actually done well. I think the RT-1 will give a solid fight to any earphone in its price class and many will actually like it over many more expensive offerings but for the price the IT01 represents a higher end tuning which includes one of the best cables I have ever seen a manufacturer included to make them sound the way they do. Both I feel are solid deals. Now if one was to spend on a nicer cable on the RT-1 that would make for a more interesting comparison. But then it would bring the price closer to getting the IT01.

The RT-1 I can work out with or listen outdoors and I don't feel like I will be missing much in fact that extra bass is welcomed out doors. The It01 is just too nice to be working out with even though it is only a $110 phone and to be honest the build is just plastic and I bet it is not as strong as the RT-1. I can see the housing cracking easily with a solid fall. RT-1 is like a tank and has the build you want for using outdoors as well as the isolation to go with it. That is the true advantage of the RT-1. Not to mention it has an engaging warm full bodied sound to it. So by nature the RT-1 will pair better with neutral or brighter sources. While the It01 pairs well will warmer type sources.

I am just curious enough to probably try a nicer cable on the RT-1.

Dec 10, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #34,492 of 100,132

Heard these for a while when I was at CAN JAM this year. Marvelous sounding earphones I have to say. They are very similar to my DT1990 pros in SQ. Crazy stage and detail from these. I thought they sounded just as nice as the ceramic planar earphone I heard before them that cost 2X more at $2,000 plus. Eventually I will probably get a pair.

Dec 10, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #34,494 of 100,132
I am convinced graphene is the new carbon nanotube. The way they describe graphene is very identical to how carbon nanotubes were described. Not to mention sound characteristics are very similar to boot. If so I know one thing, these are some stiff drivers in these earphones. There is a reason why Ibasso says to burn their IT01 for 120 hours. I would beat the living daylights out of them and for a long time.

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #34,495 of 100,132

8-29-N2-1_grande_3170b6a8-5ce1-4962-b70d-600cded1e3e1_800x.png

Look what came. Got this for $47 ( normal price is $150 ). Buy of the year to me at least.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #34,496 of 100,132
I've heard these AAW'S are really good and a steal at the sale price, sorry I missed it, congrats!

Dec 11, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #34,498 of 100,132
I am convinced graphene is the new carbon nanotube. The way they describe graphene is very identical to how carbon nanotubes were described. Not to mention sound characteristics are very similar to boot. If so I know odne thing, these are some stiff drivers in these earphones. There is a reason why Ibasso says to burn their IT01 for 120 hours. I would beat the living daylights out of them and for a long time.

New and improved CNT! So far from my experience with graphene buds, they have similar high energy highs, but without the harshness or fatigue. Combine that with kick ass bass and lively mids, and you have a recipe for good times :)

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #34,499 of 100,132

8-29-N2-1_grande_3170b6a8-5ce1-4962-b70d-600cded1e3e1_800x.png

Look what came. Got this for $47 ( normal price is $150 ). Buy of the year to me at least.

That's a great deal, congratulations!

I like the Nebula 2 quite a lot, hopefully you'll enjoy them as well.

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #34,500 of 100,132
That's a great deal, congratulations!

I like the Nebula 2 quite a lot, hopefully you'll enjoy them as well.

Congratulations ,
Please share some impressions ,

Thanks. I let it run for a week before doing a review/impression.
First thing I did is to change it to JVC Spiral Tips. But so far so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back