The discovery thread!
Dec 12, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #34,516 of 100,533
Anybody going on IEM shopping for science?

Saw this from Head-fi Facebook group. The post says $22 for the first 50 buyers.

Facebook link

AliExpress link

Those IT03-ish shells though...

Still a shame they have exactly the same shells of the IT03, just changed the cable ports. Oh well, another Chinese company.

These should become a local meme for head-fi.
Which connector is better, MMCX or The Mother City?

Dec 12, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #34,517 of 100,533
tmp_8498-Welcome1874725863.jpg

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #34,518 of 100,533
Anybody going on IEM shopping for science?

Saw this from Head-fi Facebook group. The post says $22 for the first 50 buyers.

Facebook link

AliExpress link

Those IT03-ish shells though...

Still a shame they have exactly the same shells of the IT03, just changed the cable ports. Oh well, another Chinese company.
It looks really interesting and personally i never mind if they look like IT03,

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #34,522 of 100,533
I don't know about the sound quality of these but the FR graph is at least not for me,

Not looking good for me either.

Never look at those, they are just promo material and who knows how it was measured. Until someone does it professionally, the only thing to judge tonality by is what people say about them.
"The graph of the graph is presented visually" "A very balanced mix of teaching", these TRN V10 promo photos are some of the funniest.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #34,523 of 100,533
Ya been keeping tabs on that M300 thread. Initial impressions don't bode well for them. Ear pieces breaking off. Disconnection. QC for even a $150 planar earphone should have some basic solidity to it you would figure. More and more guys will get on the DM5 bandwagon and as long as people are willing to be patient with them. It will surprise like no other.

Thought you was an ear bud guy Wayne? Glad we got your attention on these. I really think these are the find of this year thus far.

Tin%20audioT2-420x420.jpg

T2s have been in the burner since I got them. They don't seem to be the type that change much in sonics but what I did end up doing is change up the cable and this made a big difference on these earphones. I switched up this stock cable these come with to one of my better SPC cables a much higher end one and they sound ever so much closer to the performance of the MEE audio PX. Wider stage, clearer a bit airier. These sound excellent for the $50 I payed for Penon audio to ship a pair my way. These are a nice alternative to Havi B pros and even the PX earphone. Neutrally tuned and sound fantastic with acoustic stuff. I think for guys that want a more neutrally tuned sound I would try one of these. Guys that want one of the best bass presentations on just about any earphone with their detailed sound spend the extra $15 for a DM5.

Sorry for the old quote Ds but I'm trying to replace my second pair of havi b3 pros that I have loved since you guys here turned me on to them 3 or 4 years ago. The cables are deteriorating and bare wires are showing through but still work but probably not for long. I don't have the spare cash to try alot of IEMs like you guys do so I respect your opinions and have been lurking for the last couple of weeks looking at what you guys have found. It seems like the TinAudio T2s might be a good replacement but I also like the idea of having the extra lows and possibly higher details of the Knowles BAs in the D5s.
Would it be a waste to pick up both or is there something better under $150.00 that I should pick up instead. I've been contemplating the FiiO F9 Pros the RT-1s and the iBasso IT01s also.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Sorry, I should add that my main source is a FiiO x3ii that I've enjoyed with the havis for the past couple of years.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #34,525 of 100,533
Never look at those, they are just promo material and who knows how it was measured. Until someone does it professionally, the only thing to judge tonality by is what people say about them.
"The graph of the graph is presented visually" "A very balanced mix of teaching", these TRN V10 promo photos are some of the funniest.
The graph is posted by manufacturer so definitely it was measured professionally but yes the feedbacks from customers is more important,

Dec 12, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #34,526 of 100,533
The graph is posted by manufacturer so definitely it was measured professionally but yes the feedbacks from customers is more important,

Well, it says that this is 10-40Khz, but it looks more like a 20-20Khz graph to my eyes with messed up scale, or they smoothed it way too much, something is off like it generally is from budget Chi-fi promo material.

Dec 12, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #34,527 of 100,533
Well, it says that this is 10-40Khz, but it looks more like a 20-20Khz graph to my eyes with messed up scale, or they smoothed it way too much, something is off like it generally is from budget Chi-fi promo material.
You are right , actually these chi-fi companies try to make their products more attractive on specification sheet so who knows it is really 10-40khz or not ,

Dec 12, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #34,528 of 100,533
Sorry for the old quote Ds but I'm trying to replace my second pair of havi b3 pros that I have loved since you guys here turned me on to them 3 or 4 years ago. The cables are deteriorating and bare wires are showing through but still work but probably not for long. I don't have the spare cash to try alot of IEMs like you guys do so I respect your opinions and have been lurking for the last couple of weeks looking at what you guys have found. It seems like the TinAudio T2s might be a good replacement but I also like the idea of having the extra lows and possibly higher details of the Knowles BAs in the D5s.
Would it be a waste to pick up both or is there something better under $150.00 that I should pick up instead. I've been contemplating the FiiO F9 Pros the RT-1s and the iBasso IT01s also.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Sorry, I should add that my main source is a FiiO x3ii that I've enjoyed with the havis for the past couple of years.
The cables that I am seeing that can work are the ones for the KZ ZX5 and ZX6 so they should be .75mm.

Go for the Ibasso IT01. It is how can you say. Gets my highest recommendation. A bit more than the DM5 and RT-1 but is clearly a higher end tuned earphone. Tis exactly what you are asking here. Much easier to drive than Havi bs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back