The discovery thread!
Apr 30, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #100,126 of 101,908
The most compact BQEYZ set yet?

20240430_152653.jpg
20240430_152635.jpg

These are my initial impressions of BQEYZ CLOUD. BQEYZ is quite well-known for their innovative approach to the point that they are quite experimental in that regard and this new model is one of them. This one has a hybrid driver system consisting of dynamic driver and flexible auxiliary diaphragm unit which is BQEYZ's take on passive radiator and these components were housed in a metal alloy shell casing. The size of the shells is probably the most compact one among the BQEYZ sets that I've tested so far and this one will have no issues to folks with smaller lugholes.

As for tonality, this set is somehow divagating towards neutralish-bright tuning on how this tuning is more focused on the upper-mids up to the entirety of the treble region. Bright, sparkly and airy, as I describe it clearly as it will better on females vocals, strings, woodwinds and some chordophone percussives. But in my opinion, treble-sensitive folk might stay cautious on these particular types of tuning to their sensitivity of their hearing level limits.

For technical capabilities, BQEYZ products are known to have these strongest assets and the good thing is that the CLOUD has its DNA in these aspects. Excellent stereo imaging with layering and separation, a quite spacious sound field and pretty highly resolving in terms of micro-dynamics.

Check out my full review later.

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:18 AM Post #100,127 of 101,908
The unexpected "It" IEM?

Here are some of my initial impression of 7Hz Aurora, 7Hz's latest product for midrange segment and probably their first foray on that category. I did some reviews on their previous products before and this one is probably one of the best set that I’ve tested for the past four months.

20240429_200934.jpg
20240429_200958.jpg

A tri-brid driver configuration IEM? ✔
A beautifully design shell chassis? ✔
A premium-grade stock cable with modular termination plug feature? ✔
A well-balanced with a natural sound quality on it? ✔
Quite a technical and resolving set? ✔
Sounds like that really punches above its price point? ✔
An all-rounder set? ✔

The Aurora has a punchy, visceral and quite rumbly sound as I consider it as a pretty well-balanced bass response, midrange of this one appears to have good note weight for vocals and instruments that also affects the quality of tonal colour on them and smooth and yet has a reasonable sparkle and particularly quite airy. This is probably one of the sets that almost all types of vocals that I’m testing that makes this set a truly versatile one as it sounds outright natural its tonal colour.
On technical capabilities, there are only few sets will be able to match the technical prowess of this set that I will post the whole detail in my full review of this one in few days.

That's all for now and thanks!

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #100,128 of 101,908
If someone looks at how I write they might pull the life support off haha
Welcome to the club !

I could read just before school started for me (age 6) but nearly 2 years later I got the second worst mark in handwriting (because the teacher could barely read mine).
It got much worse in time; tha last ~30 years I can only use printed capital letters (because I nearly forgot how to write normal leters).

Needless to say I am an IT professional :smile: .

Apr 30, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #100,129 of 101,908
The most compact BQEYZ set yet?

These are my initial impressions of BQEYZ CLOUD. BQEYZ is quite well-known for their innovative approach to the point that they are quite experimental in that regard and this new model is one of them. This one has a hybrid driver system consisting of dynamic driver and flexible auxiliary diaphragm unit which is BQEYZ's take on passive radiator and these components were housed in a metal alloy shell casing. The size of the shells is probably the most compact one among the BQEYZ sets that I've tested so far and this one will have no issues to folks with smaller lugholes.

As for tonality, this set is somehow divagating towards neutralish-bright tuning on how this tuning is more focused on the upper-mids up to the entirety of the treble region. Bright, sparkly and airy, as I describe it clearly as it will better on females vocals, strings, woodwinds and some chordophone percussives. But in my opinion, treble-sensitive folk might stay cautious on these particular types of tuning to their sensitivity of their hearing level limits.

For technical capabilities, BQEYZ products are known to have these strongest assets and the good thing is that the CLOUD has its DNA in these aspects. Excellent stereo imaging with layering and separation, a quite spacious sound field and pretty highly resolving in terms of micro-dynamics.

Check out my full review later.

The unexpected "It" IEM?

Here are some of my initial impression of 7Hz Aurora, 7Hz's latest product for midrange segment and probably their first foray on that category. I did some reviews on their previous products before and this one is probably one of the best set that I’ve tested for the past four months.

A tri-brid driver configuration IEM? ✔
A beautifully design shell chassis? ✔
A premium-grade stock cable with modular termination plug feature? ✔
A well-balanced with a natural sound quality on it? ✔
Quite a technical and resolving set? ✔
Sounds like that really punches above its price point? ✔
An all-rounder set? ✔

The Aurora has a punchy, visceral and quite rumbly sound as I consider it as a pretty well-balanced bass response, midrange of this one appears to have good note weight for vocals and instruments that also affects the quality of tonal colour on them and smooth and yet has a reasonable sparkle and particularly quite airy. This is probably one of the sets that almost all types of vocals that I’m testing that makes this set a truly versatile one as it sounds outright natural its tonal colour.
On technical capabilities, there are only few sets will be able to match the technical prowess of this set that I will post the whole detail in my full review of this one in few days.

That's all for now and thanks!

It’s really raining good IEM. I should remind myself not to be excited about value proposition of any product, or I’ll have to eat my foot the next day.

Do you have EA1000 to compare with the cloud?

3DD39B75-5917-481B-91AD-65A43150D2A1.jpeg

Kilobuck 😎

(It’s just a placeholder price)

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #100,130 of 101,908
It’s really raining good IEM. I should remind myself not to be excited about value proposition of any product, or I’ll have to eat my foot the next day.

Do you have EA1000 to compare with the cloud?

Kilobuck 😎

(It’s just a placeholder price)
EA1000 will be the most logical comparison with the Cloud.

Will also have the Explorer in the future, mate.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #100,131 of 101,908
Thanks for the feedback and yea, it's ok if you can't A/B. Do you mind sharing the graph comparisons if you have them?

Here's the graphs as requested:

Dita Project M versus Pilgrim.jpg

8 kHz is a coupler artefact peak. There is an actual 8 kHz peak on the Project M so it is more sibilant than the Pilgrim, with less bass as detailed above.

Apr 30, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #100,132 of 101,908
yes yes HibyM300 is basically a proper android device : from whatsapp, YouTube, Google apps to everything . Just no sim card. So, it works with all streaming services. Guess it doesn't play netflix and all (DRM stuff); i haven't tried but that's what i read in the M300 thread.

I would assume the R4 is also same. I haven't used one, though.
Cool…I would get something like this mainly for work to use as a music device, not to replace my phone!!
but now that I’m getting AirPods Pro 2, (I’m taking some flights this summer and wanted a good ANC TWS) I assume some of the fancy functions like transparency etc won’t work in android or am I wrong.

Apr 30, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #100,135 of 101,908
You ever start and think that a lot of the music you enjoy just isn’t produced well enough for hifi gear?
Yes, but at the same time I started appreciating so many new artists/genres precisely due to the fact their work is well recorded and sound tremendous on quality gear.

I still enjoy worsely recorded tunes too, only caveat being that extra caution is required NOT to pick the most revealing set when I fancy listening to poorly recorded/mastered stuff.

Eg. I would never listen to this for the whole 10 minutes on poor gear and thus never realised just how powerfully emotive Classical can be.
1000013226.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #100,136 of 101,908
Diminishing returns, and it applies to just about any products/hobbies. Exotic cars, watches, handbags, designer stuffs just to name a few. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Tuning switches not a big deal to many of us in the community. Tunning preference is all personal. I literally switched from a treble appreciator to a bass lover in like 7 years.

I started from Vsonic GR07 Classic(Maroon) & Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD. We all have buds hold significance in our audio journey! Then quietly piles up. I didn't realize I spent close to 10k on earphones until I checked the selling history on eBay. And that's not a lot compare to bigger players! IMO The best way is to get as few pairs of buds as possible while enjoying your music. That's all there's is, all relative. Like I tried fast cars for rare occasions, rented different cars once in a while, and drive a reliable daily to avoid higher cost of maintenance, and I'm cool with that.
Great two comparisons - with cars and fashion bags - to understand the IEM market:
The cars are regulated to have minimal well-defined standards based on safety and performance, and performance/features per price are well defined.
Fashion business is notably diiferent. For instance, fashion bags have their function, and then $10-20 bag perfectly does its job as a "bag" compared to $1000-$10,000 ones. For the later, one gets "name", "vanity", special accesories, etc. Even more likely, $1000+ bags will serve more for display than function due to risk of losing, damage, etc.
So when I first heard the wisdom of one of the watercoolers that totls and cables are very much like fashion business - it totally perfectly clicked instantly! Bingo! (I even stopped to argue about cables))

Now, I think of an IEM market as being value/feature-driven at the lower end, and then transitioning into fashion-driven at the totl level. Where is the crossover between these two regimes? It depends on one's perception of values and features, as well as enjoying music vs. enjoying this hobby.

P. S. If someone reshells Trio (or similar), names it Trigressor (or smth) and sends it on a tour as "a secret advanced project of a major IEM company; few eyes only" - hard to doubt this IEM not to be highly acclaimed, if not raved about!
After all, if to carefully match a right kilobuck cable and to accentuate with proper display accesories - any IEM (and especially good ones, like Trigressor) must be highly enjoyable.
A notch higher is sending few samples to selected reviewers on condition of strict anonymity with the review release on a designated midnight followed by some careful teasing info leaks. Lastly, sending a free sample and a six-pack - not to influence opinions by any means, but solely to enhance and elevate the reviewing experience - so that full enjoyment, tonality and technical performance will all be duly discovered and hyped. That is how fashion business works, right?!

P. P. S. A big plus for IEM business is no child labour and animal cruelty or unethical mining - so wear/display your IEMs proudly, audiophiles!

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #100,137 of 101,908
Yes, but at the same time I started appreciating so many new artists/genres precisely due to the fact their work is well recorded and sound tremendous on quality gear.

I still enjoy worsely recorded tunes too, only caveat being that extra caution is required NOT to pick the most revealing set when I fancy listening to poorly recorded/mastered stuff.

Eg. I would never listen to this for the whole 10 minutes on poor gear and thus never realised just how powerfully emotive Classical can be.
The studio behind this recording is incredible. (It goes without saying that the musicians are excellent)

One of the best rendition of four season violin concerti that I have ever listened.

@PhonoPhi not that I’m “industry insider” or anything but I do have the pleasure to talk to a few reps here and there. Most are not that insidious 😂 they are usually as geeky and passionate as you and I, if not more.

But yeah, I always wonder where the crossover between cheap and expensive gear is, especially if the cheap(er) gear has the same drivers and technology. But someone earlier today raised a good point: it’s sometimes cheaper to reverse engineer the R&D of others.

Anyhow, there is no shortage of good stuff at any price.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #100,138 of 101,908
<snip lie that phonophi stopped arguing about cables!>

P. S. If someone reshells Trio (or similar), names it Trigressor (or smth) and sends it on a tour as "a secret advanced project of a major IEM company; few eyes only" - hard to doubt this IEM not to be highly acclaimed, if not raved about
After all, if to carefully match a right kilobuck cable and proper display accesories - any IEM (and especially good ones, like Trigressor) must be highly enjoyable.
A notch higher- few samples to selected reviewers, and lastly free sample and a six-pack - not to influence opinion by any means but solely to enhance the experience- so that full enjoyment, tonality and technical performance will all be duly discovered and. That is how fashion business works, right?!
ha ha ha! best Give me my Trigressor!

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #100,139 of 101,908

1000013226.jpg
Well said, I agree.

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #100,140 of 101,908
The studio behind this recording is incredible. (It goes without saying that the musicians are excellent)

One of the best rendition of four season violin concerti that I have ever listened.

@PhonoPhi not that I’m “industry insider” or anything but I do have the pleasure to talk to a few reps here and there. Most are not that insidious 😂 they are usually as geeky and passionate as you and I, if not more.

But yeah, I always wonder where the crossover between cheap and expensive gear is, especially if the cheap(er) gear has the same drivers and technology. But someone earlier today raised a good point: it’s sometimes cheaper to reverse engineer the R&D of others.

Anyhow, there is no shortage of good stuff at any price.
Noting these recommendations for later, I just got my Edition XS fitted with a leather band for comfort and was looking to give it something detailed and well recorded to play with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back