The discovery thread!
Apr 15, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #33,181 of 100,730
Apr 15, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #33,183 of 100,730
People don't like the mic placement that seems best for straight down wearing and they are pretty bland looking same as the dual driver. All black and plastic. If they made them more attractive even if they were $5 more they would do well. US based,  promo/discount codes at times, apparently good sound yet still don't get people excited. Has to be the generic, we didn't really try that hard looks and design :)

Apr 15, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #33,184 of 100,730
New cans... https://shop.double-zero.com/en/double-zero-001-black-1.html/

[specification]
■ Model: sealed dynamic type ■ Frequency response: 10 Hz to 80 kHz
■ Impedance: 32 Ω
Maximum input: 1,000 mW
■ Terminal: Stereo mini (Conversion adapter included)
Cable length: 1.2 m (detachable type)
■ Accessories: Carry case, pouch, stereo mini → phone conversion adapter Weight ■: 224 g (body only)

[Characteristic]
Sealed listening headphones supervised by ZEDD, a world-class music producer who tries to mix himself.
Sharp sensitivity to his sound merges with Japan's proud creation called Onkyo (Acoustic Design), SF Inc. (Design).
With a newly developed 40 mm carbon paper driver, with excellent frequency characteristics of 10 Hz to 80 kHz, it corresponds to almighty from club music to live performance.

and...the Tago Studio T3-01
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://tagostudio.shop/&prev=search

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #33,185 of 100,730
Apr 21, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #33,187 of 100,730
My Shanling M1 video is finally up. And I await arrival of my own!

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #33,188 of 100,730
On a roll, and catching up! the fantastic Opus #1. Wish I had my own now...

Apr 23, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #33,189 of 100,730
Tried various Sony, Sennheiser, Ultrasone, JVC, beyerdynamic among other earphones in Yodobashi, Osaka, Japan ranging in prices from $60-$350. And surprised myself by walking out with some Elecom EHP BA100 earphones. Nice balanced and clear sound with enough bass to satisfy me. Picked them up for around $100. The cable seems a bit thin, so hope hold up. The housing seems well-built and solid. No detachable cable. Isolation is quite good with music playing. Much better isolation than my previous JVC HA FX750. Not as warm sounding mind you. I find them comfortable. Worth an audition for sure at the price. I usually associated Elecom with accessories. Tried these earphones for curiosity only, and ended up buying them.

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #33,191 of 100,730
Tried various Sony, Sennheiser, Ultrasone, JVC, beyerdynamic among other earphones in Yodobashi, Osaka, Japan ranging in prices from $60-$350. And surprised myself by walking out with some Elecom EHP BA100 earphones. Nice balanced and clear sound with enough bass to satisfy me. Picked them up for around $100. The cable seems a bit thin, so hope hold up. The housing seems well-built and solid. No detachable cable. Isolation is quite good with music playing. Much better isolation than my previous JVC HA FX750. Not as warm sounding mind you. I find them comfortable. Worth an audition for sure at the price. I usually associated Elecom with accessories. Tried these earphones for curiosity only, and ended up buying them.

Keep 'em coming! I'm on my third Elecom recently. All are winners though the GB1000 is not quite for me but was the first one i got so it was certainly good or I wouldn't have bought more
tongue.gif
. Have taken over from AT for me, atm. Pioneer I like a lot, JVC I like(started the club), Sony I like but kinda switched from AT over to Elecom. Like the sound and approach with whoever they are working with to make there stuff.

Soured some on Senn too as they have gotten worse from a design/ergonomics standpoint and they rehash too much and they seemed to have dropped making earbuds and are taking forever to fill in the IE60 through IE80 range with new models which are old and dated. Ages since they put out earphones in the $150 - $300 range.

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #33,192 of 100,730
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #33,194 of 100,730
Well guys welcome to the new add riddled discovery thread. Lol.

So I just got my new and improved Master from Trinity. These things out of the box have a warmer tilt to the sound over the PM4 but has a more spacious dimensional sound already out of the box. Haven't messed with the filters any yet but all in due time. Overall it was worth the wait and a solid improvement over the PM4 in build as well.

If any of you guys did the upgrade for the Masters and have not gotten them yet. Your gonna be hyped once you get them.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #33,195 of 100,730
Well guys welcome to the new add riddled discovery thread. Lol.

So I just got my new and improved Master from Trinity. These things out of the box have a warmer tilt to the sound over the PM4 but has a more spacious dimensional sound already out of the box. Haven't messed with the filters any yet but all in due time. Overall it was worth the wait and a solid improvement over the PM4 in build as well.

If any of you guys did the upgrade for the Masters and have not gotten them yet. Your gonna be hyped once you get them.
I completely agree. Warmer and more spacious. I haven't had much listening time, but they are definitely a step up from the PM4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back