The discovery thread!
Sep 25, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #30,601 of 100,767
I've been sick all week which is affecting my hearing, but so far the CKR9LTDs I received from Ali sound and feel too good to be made from anything but legit parts.

I don't find the bass to be overpowering or overemphasized, I would give that honor to the mids if anything. The only aspect that I wish was different is the treble presentation. They lack the energy of the FXH30 which is really addictive and tons of fun.

If it is like my experience the bass doesn't show up for a while. I went to the treble filter tips early on to shift the balance but they shifted on their own. They start to have more energy when they become a bit more spry after a while. They won't be quick like the JVC but they may become more fun. The CKR9 like fun wasn't there early on with my pair of LTD's.

I used to love my Tenore, but not anymore. Dunno if the sound changed over the time due to condensation or whatever, I have them almost 2 years now I guess. Switched to them after my KC06A broke and they sound very cramped and dull.

Regarding Duoza...I actually never really got into them. They sound okay, but in the end they never captivated me. 

My hopes lie on the Aliexpress CKR9LTD now. If they fail I will go back to the KC06A.

Meanwhile I am using the Yamaho EPH100. They sound much better than the Duoza/Tenore to me, but they seem to suffer from random channel imbalance occasionally. 

The Tenore, the non-bassy one anyhow, is well tuned and well done but it doesn't hold up really. Certainly one of those phones that loses it's luster after a while. Nothing wrong with them but I know I got tired of them. You think they are so well done and small with an easy, comfy fit that you won't sell them on. Then after a while it is like why haven't I listened to these in a while and then you listen again and maybe still appreciate their virtues. Then you don't listen to them again for a while and decide, I might as well sell these things on. Tenore love fades
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #30,603 of 100,767
Thanks for this!  I've found that, being a musician, timbre is VERY important to me, which is why Tenore is my favorite.  I'd like to upgrade, but the timbre has to be the same or better than Tenore.  I'll cross CKR9LTD off the list :D

I'm with you on the timbre. I did sell mine but I thought the timbre was excellent

Sep 25, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #30,604 of 100,767
I've been sick all week which is affecting my hearing, but so far the CKR9LTDs I received from Ali sound and feel too good to be made from anything but legit parts.

I don't find the bass to be overpowering or overemphasized, I would give that honor to the mids if anything. The only aspect that I wish was different is the treble presentation. They lack the energy of the FXH30 which is really addictive and tons of fun.

I think you mean insanely bright bleeding treble if it's JVC and Carbon nanotubes... :wink: All in good fun buddy! Different strokes for different folks. I cannot handle that much upper registers energy&presence and don't like cold sound sigs. Those FXH30s would have to be vastly different from the FXD80s for my tastes. FXD80s, just owww. Though I can agree from just guessing that the FXH30s probably have great tight & textured bass.

Regarding Duoza...I actually never really got into them. They sound okay, but in the end they never captivated me. 

My hopes lie on the Aliexpress CKR9LTD now. If they fail I will go back to the KC06A.

Meanwhile I am using the Yamaha EPH100. They sound much better than the Duoza/Tenore to me, but they seem to suffer from random channel imbalance occasionally. 

I don't like the Yamaha EPH-100. The bass is too much for me and that 4K scoop is also too much... I much prefer the Duoza and ALI-CK9LTD. YMMV, friend!

Sep 25, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #30,605 of 100,767
I think you mean insanely bright bleeding treble if it's JVC and Carbon nanotubes...
wink.gif
All in good fun buddy! Different strokes for different folks. I cannot handle that much upper registers energy&presence and don't like cold sound sigs. Those FXH30s would have to be vastly different from the FXD80s for my tastes. FXD80s, just owww. Though I can agree from just guessing that the FXH30s probably have great tight & textured bass.
I don't like the Yamaha EPH-100. The bass is too much for me and that 4K scoop is also too much... I much prefer the Duoza and ALI-CK9LTD. YMMV, friend!

The FXH30s and the FXD80s are laughably different in their treble presentation. I like my treble bright, but the FXD80 is way too much for me. Very low volume listening only. The FXH30 has great treble extension and detail, but is restrained enough avoid crossing the threshold into discomfort. The FXH30s also have a warmness to them that I found completely absent from the FRD60/80. They're a pretty big step forward for JVC's micro dynamic lineup imo. Maybe thanks to replacing the Carbon coating the Titanium? Either way, they are pretty damn epic for the money and worth checking out, especially if you are interested in the Titan 1 and want something a bit cheaper and less bassy.

Sep 25, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #30,606 of 100,767
The FXH30s and the FXD80s are laughably different in their treble presentation. I like my treble bright, but the FXD80 is way too much for me. Very low volume listening only. The FXH30 has great treble extension and detail, but is restrained enough avoid crossing the threshold into discomfort. The FXH30s also have a warmness to them that I found completely absent from the FRD60/80. They're a pretty big step forward for JVC's micro dynamic lineup imo. Maybe thanks to replacing the Carbon coating the Titanium? Either way, they are pretty damn epic for the money and worth checking out, especially if you are interested in the Titan 1 and want something a bit cheaper and less bassy.

That's great to hear they're making steps in the right direction then! Couldn't remember if they went to titanium or something carbon(but not nanotubes for those). I avoided the Titan because of treble presence and isolation/leakage.
And honestly I'm really happy with my Duoza and ALI-CKR9LTD. The mids are fantastic on the ALI-CKR9LTD; gives me chills in some songs. Also the soundstage depth, stereo imaging, & separation is the best I've heard in an iem I think. It nearly rivals my Sony MDR-MA900 in these aspects! However the Sony are much wider.

Sep 26, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #30,611 of 100,767
A little bit of an update on the Nuforce Titanium Iems.

If you guys read the review on the new Nuforce NE800ms. It has an old school musical tuning on it a bit like the Cardas Iems.. I was hoping for something a bit more balanced sounding..

I got these last night.

These are what you guys need to pay attention to.. Titan 1 killers?   NE750.  This is a case of less is more. I will write something about them real soon but for now. Keep in eye out on these. Surprised? Ya just a bit.

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #30,612 of 100,767
I wonder if they killed too much "friendly distortion"  in the 800 with the brass = the housing material and shape here on these 750 might have a better effect.
thanks for doing this dsnuts.

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #30,613 of 100,767
The FXH30 shape includes a protrusion or wing.  How does this impact fit and comfort?

I am guessing they can only be fitted with the cable down.

r2

The fun actually isn't a hindrance for me at all. They actually work amazingly well cable up. That's how I wear them the majority of the time.

Sep 26, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #30,614 of 100,767
  I wonder if they killed too much "friendly distortion"  in the 800 with the brass = the housing material and shape here on these 750 might have a better effect.
thanks for doing this dsnuts.   

I can tell they both use the same drivers. The tuning is similar as well.  I think your right that brass and carbon fibers used on the NE800 was stated to give a distortion free sound. Actually pushes the sound a bit too forward for some reason a bit too much mids and lows. It sounds great for some genres and vocals but sounds a bit off on others, anything requiring treble emphasis.

The NE750 uses aluminum for the housing. Not only is it lighter but they sound more balanced. I did a bit of comparo listening with my Titan 1 last night as lets just say guys who was looking for a more meatier version of the Titianium  sound will get that from these earphones. 

For some reason the NE750 out of the box did not sound anywhere near as compressed as the NE800. Don't know if they have a qc variation in the drivers. They are too new for me to analyze the sound but.. I think I am more impressed with their NE750.

So I am thinking if Final Audio was to tune their earphones using dynamics instead of BAs.. Something like these NE800- NE750 would be the result.

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #30,615 of 100,767
Ali CKR9LTD arrived today.

Box, inside the box packing, housing, finish and cable have no apparent issues.

I would take the box off the shelf and know I was leaving the store with the real thing :wink:

Test listen turned into a longer stay, only interrupted by wife.

r2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back