The discovery thread!
Jan 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #18,616 of 105,386
One last thing to add, and then I too am done with this business, but that's what I feel he was trying to say, I believe that's what he was trying to say, because it's pretty clear what was being asked. So that's what I got out of it. Now please..on to sharing, new discoveries, and fun + comeraderie . I like that.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #18,617 of 105,386

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+
^
... this clusterfrack is too good to not to get quoted. haha

@ Everyone ehhh the nutman was literally, like LITERALLY talkin' about the cyber attack here last night @ head-fi forums, he didn't mean THIS THREAD.  Oh how amazing misinterpertation/ misunderstanding can be/ leads.  LMAO
rolleyes.gif

It is interesting where this led to though, as someone said this thread "is a mess" and you know who you are
wink.gif
but the randomness, sometimes nonsensical nature of the hypes, FOTM, etc etc is what makes this thread AMAZING. This is THE DISCOVERY THREAD, so it's like a public commons where everyone should feel welcomed to post whatever they want and it would best if everyone stayed on topic, BUT we ain't androids meng and the random chatter/ banter is what gives flavor to the FOTMs here.
tongue.gif
And regarding the repetitiveness of the posts, it's like ALL circlejerk APPRECIATION THREADs here at head-fi but this thread is just amplified to the tenth power cuz of the amount of material we go through.

I thought i was the clown here but you fools just clowned yourselves by getting all worked up over a misinterpertation of the nutmans original post. It is good to see what ya'll really thought though..... cuz it makes for good comedic relief.
bigsmile_face.gif

+1000

Happy 2014 everyone!

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #18,618 of 105,386
Indian Gypsies? In 2014?

Really?

I'm out of this thread. Done and done and I am not even one.

Late last night I was on headfi and there was literally over 20 posts of random spam from India folk. How do I know it was Indian? Well it was indian language in english..Random spam post from new members that post about divorce to voodoo? Lol.. I reported about a dozen of them..So what I wrote was actual fact and not in any way saying any of you guys are Indian Gypsies.

You guys should know better than that. lol.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #18,619 of 105,386
  Late last night I was on headfi and there was literally over 20 posts of random spam from India folk. How do I know it was Indian? Well it was indian language in english..Random spam post from new members that post about divorce to voodoo? Lol.. I reported about a dozen of them..So what I wrote was actual fact and not in any way saying any of you guys are Indian Gypsies.

I think we were preoccupied with our doppios, xba-h3s, om audio, im-02s, kefs, b3 pro, and all other iems in our ears that we didn't bother to post with a second thought. :)

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #18,620 of 105,386
Oh and +69 and X1000 on what sfwalcer said. Well done...and like I originally said, I figured that's not what DsNuts was referring to. CHEERS!!! Love you all!! *toasting beers gif* if I wasn't on my iPhone.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #18,621 of 105,386
Indian Gypsies? In 2014?

Really?

I'm out of this thread. Done and done and I am not even one.

^ ANOTHER VICTIM. YOU GOT TROLLED BAD!!! LMAO : P

+1000

Happy 2014 everyone!

^
popcorn.gif
2014 WE EATING GUD!!! HAHA

^ THIS RIGHT HERE IS THE OG TROLL, TROLLED YOU MOFOS GUD WITHOUT EVEN INTENDING TO. LMAO

I NEED TO WATCH MY BACK, CUZ MY CUSTOM TITLE MIGHT BE IN DANGER!!!
triportsad.gif
...... not really.
normal_smile .gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #18,622 of 105,386
I pulled out my Samsung HS-330s again because of recent praise given to them... And I think they're horrible. The only impression I have is "Bass". Big, fat, boomy bass pretty much sums up the sound to my ears. Detail is laughable. I can't complain since they came with my phone, but I think it's a waste of money to actually purchase these. I'd advise saving that money towards something better.

This thread is getting a tad uncomfortable. Surely people can address their... Grievances with one another over PM. I do think that posts about waiting for shipping are a bit of a nuisance in many threads lately. Considering it seems to be a big deal to so many people, perhaps someone should make a thread dedicated to commiserating over postal service woes. I'm being serious. People obviously want to vent their frustration - which is legitimate in its own right - but it really does water down the on-topic content of threads when every second post is about it.

I'm not trying to tell people what they're allowed to post, it's just courteous to keep to the given topics of threads on forums. Otherwise why do we even bother having different threads? They're for a semblance of organization and direction. It may well actually be useful to have a place where people can find out about postal service difficulties going on at a given time. Just an idea.

Peace, love and music gear, guys :).

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #18,623 of 105,386
If I wrote what I really thought about some of yous I would be kicked out of headfi. Lol. Na It is all good you guys are good. Though for the sake of quality reads lets keep it on the civilized and informative tip..This thread is a microcosm of what is good about headfi. You guys make this thread what it is and I am proud that this is the one thread where anyone can chat about anything that is related to our wonderful hobby.. Just understand that there are many others that read what you write, that is the only thing I ask..

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #18,624 of 105,386
My sincere apologies Dsnuts but I am a bit disappointed, not with you but Erics post about others. I feel a bit of elitism creeping in the thread and a do as I say attitude towards newer entrants.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #18,625 of 105,386
My sincere apologies Dsnuts but I am a bit disappointed, not with you but Erics post about others. I feel a bit of elitism creeping in the thread and a do as I say attitude towards newer entrants.

He was just saying that we should limit the "my iem gets here tomorrow" kind of irrelevant posts. No elitism there. I could post about how my iem tips have earwax on them and need cleaning, but I'm not going to 
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #18,626 of 105,386
I pulled out my Samsung HS-330s again because of recent praise given to them... And I think they're horrible. The only impression I have is "Bass". Big, fat, boomy bass pretty much sums up the sound to my ears. Detail is laughable. I can't complain since they came with my phone, but I think it's a waste of money to actually purchase these. I'd advise saving that money towards something better.

This thread is getting a tad uncomfortable. Surely people can address their... Grievances with one another over PM. I do think that posts about waiting for shipping are a bit of a nuisance in many threads lately. Considering it seems to be a big deal to so many people, perhaps someone should make a thread dedicated to commiserating over postal service woes. I'm being serious. People obviously want to vent their frustration - which is legitimate in its own right - but it really does water down the on-topic content of threads when every second post is about it.

I'm not trying to tell people what they're allowed to post, it's just courteous to keep to the given topics of threads on forums. Otherwise why do we even bother having different threads? They're for a semblance of organization and direction. It may well actually be useful to have a place where people can find out about postal service difficulties going on at a given time. Just an idea.

Peace, love and music gear, guys
smily_headphones1.gif

That only applies to me then. That's how the latest havoc on the xba forum started. The guy was ONLY disappointed in giving his impressions at a later time, which is why he brought it up. It is relevant to talk about the late arrival of an iem if an impression was expected the day it was supposed to be delivered. (a big IMO) Some, like me, just wanted to relate to the guy and forgot the meaning of the post.

He didn't get to post impressions on the day of the delivery, so he had to bring it up. That is in rare cases though, but for general, this post, as well as previous ones, are true.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #18,627 of 105,386
My X3 has arrived! Still waiting for my Pistons and my CX150, but that's probably answered in the next hour or so?

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #18,628 of 105,386

He was just saying that we should limit the "my iem gets here tomorrow" kind of irrelevant posts. No elitism there. I could post about how my iem tips have earwax on them and need cleaning, but I'm not going to 
wink.gif

Thank you waynes world. Any new discoveries in details with those toys you have to play with buddy? What are you listening with the most nowadays?

Well gikigill, if that is what you got out of my comments that's really too bad. As I stated to eke, I'm done with it. I've blocked those who can't seem to get it and have become a bit irritating. If you think I, of all people, is acting elitist, then I would certainly suggest you block me. Don't subject yourself to an uppity scoundrel you seem to think I am. Happy listening! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #18,629 of 105,386
LOL I just read the last few pages. I don't see what all the fuss is about. Both sides are right. I've stated it before - this has been more of a friendly chat thread for quite a while, so I don't know why eric decided all of a sudden to comment and be annoyed by posts lacking actual impressions or value  - he should have said something a lot longer ago coz it's not like that's something new. And as the thread has been going like that all the people offended by his post are somewhat right as there haven't been any directions who and what he should post and everyone is just going with the flow.
Now, eric is right too, coz honestly as I was a bit behind on the thread and had to go through like 30-40 pages, the posts worth reading could fit 2-3 pages. But as everyone in here is entitled to his opinion and is obviously free to post anything, so is eric free to share his opinion. No, elitism or anything - it's just the truth but I think it's way too late to try to fix this thread and get in any sort of order or try to change the habits of the members posting most often here.
So let's just get back on track with everyone posting whatever he wants and let's not get offended. 
And as this thread also hasn't been about discovering budget gems for a while I should chime in and say that the Noble 4 might be the best universal iem I've heard.

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #18,630 of 105,386
I had a chance to briefly audition a friend's HS-330 today, and I agree with hatefulsandwich for the most part. The bass is indeed somewhat boomy and overpowering. Though I wouldn't go as far as to say they're horrible, they didn't seem outstanding in any way. They're still above average when it comes to stock headsets for phones, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back