The discovery thread!
Sep 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #13,801 of 106,548
delete

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #13,802 of 106,548
Guess my S2s will have to go on sale then.... And maybe my H-200 too, those RHA MA750 look mighty tempting.
tongue.gif

Are the RHA MA750 available in your country already?

If so, please be our guinea pig. 
smile.gif

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #13,803 of 106,548
Sep 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #13,805 of 106,548

Quick update on Gratitudes-put on Complys, tamed highs quite a bit, still not as smooth as the Miles Davis, from memory, but nice, detailed. Gotta go to work, try burning (if I can find a place to do it that doesn't have my wife rolling her eyes at me) 
wink_face.gif

Sounds good. I'm really looking forward to try these. It's my first monster IEM's and I do not have high expectations but just could not resist to try at the current prices.

Side note: They will cost me a little over $100 delivered with all taxes paid but retail price over here is about $330 so if they sound nice I still made a good deal. In case anyone did'nt notice I've got really bad impulse control
biggrin.gif

OK, have about 5 hours burn in on the Gratitudes, tried them again-sibilance gone, nice, open, wide sound, good, round, precise bass, good detail. I'm a little surprised by the amount of bass here...while not anemic, and tuneful, notes sharp, a headphone dedicated to EWF, a pop-funk band, would have a bigger QUANTITY of bass. Not as much here as the AT 1K's, but what is here is quality. Gonna burn some more, I already think these are well worth $60-100 or so, probably more (word of caution-many have had quality problems with Monster in the past, though they are supposed to give a lifetime warrantee).

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #13,807 of 106,548
I knew I could bait Eric, lol!

And true about the Hurts thing. Who? Why? Might just be a good thing we don't know.

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #13,808 of 106,548

Sounds like your liking your S2s more and more. See this is how I felt about them the first time I heard them with the correct seal. Love my S2s.

To answer your question Cameron I was blasting on my X3 via S2.

3 of my fave albums of all time.

I absolutely love all three of those albums. ...And Justice For All doesn't get enough love, but it's one of my favorites from Metallica. My favorite album of all time:

I've been listening to these albums lately:

Both Fleshgod Apocalypse and Septic Flesh have some amazing symphonic elements to go with their brutality. The Born of Osiris album is my favorite this year, besides Hail to the King of course. :wink:

If you are a fan of Pantera and Metallica then I would definitely check Avenged Sevenfold out. Guns N Roses is probably their primary influence, but they are in a league of their own. Their self-titled album is one of their best and their new album, "Hail to the King" sounds like classic heavy metal.

OK, into almost all types of music, haven't done much time with metal (though I grew up with Zep, the father of metal according to some, and my 15 year old daughter dragged me to see Skillet twice...not a bad band. Anyway, any recommendations for a break-in album (new ears need break in too), something I can download on Mog and test the waters?

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #13,810 of 106,548
Oh, come on. They made that Wonderful Life song few years ago. It was on repeat like everywhere - TV, radio, clubs. I haven't heard anything about them since then LOL

They've been been too busy working tirelessly in the underground Sony R&D Lab, lovingly called Area 69, no doubt.

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #13,812 of 106,548
They've been been too busy working tirelessly in the underground Sony R&D Lab, lovingly called Area 69, no doubt.

Well, apparently they've made a new album. Anyway, they were pretty big in Europe. I remember a time whenever I was in a club the song Wonderful Life and at least a couple of remixes would be played. I guess people in Europe will know them better. It's like if someone played a country song in Europe - 99,9% of the people won't know who the artist is even if someone told them the name. 

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #13,813 of 106,548
  OK, into almost all types of music, haven't done much time with metal (though I grew up with Zep, the father of metal according to some, and my 15 year old daughter dragged me to see Skillet twice...not a bad band. Anyway, any recommendations for a break-in album (new ears need break in too), something I can download on Mog and test the waters?

This is how I did it 20+ years ago...

Start with Metallica - Metallica (Black Album); not their best work but it'll get you into metal. Get yourself to learn and love metal with this album. Probably a good week of constant play time.
Then back track on Metallica's catalogue: I went through them in this order:
1. Ride The Lightning
2. Master of Puppets
3. ...And Justice for All
4. Kill Em All
You will then realise just how good they where in their early years; I strongly believe Cliff Burton was the key to their original sound.

After Metallica, you can now explore the vast world of Metal. I'd recommend:
1. Pantera - Cowboys from Hell and Vulgar Display of Power
2. Megadeth - Rust In Peace, Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?, and Countdown to Extinction
3. Trivium - check popular songs on YouTube
4. Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage
5. Dream Theater - Greatest Hits
6. Tool - Undertow, Lateralus, and Aenima

Happy Listening! \m/

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #13,814 of 106,548
Well, apparently they've made a new album. Anyway, they were pretty big in Europe. I remember a time whenever I was in a club the song Wonderful Life and at least a couple of remixes would be played. I guess people in Europe will know them better. It's like if someone played a country song in Europe - 99,9% of the people won't know who the artist is even if someone told them the name. 

I was just kidding. A lot of club anthems generally don't reach mass consumption regardless of locale anyway.

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #13,815 of 106,548
I was just kidding. A lot of club anthems generally don't reach mass consumption regardless of locale anyway.

I get it. I'm not much into that kind of music but I know they were touring a lot and were pretty famous. I actually just checked some of their videos and I've actually heard few more of them and not because I've heard them in a club because they were all over the radio and the music channels. Anyway, that's not important - the important thing is how the new sony hybrids will sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back