The discovery thread!
Jul 24, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #12,256 of 106,664
Quote:
And now you're considering IEMs like the Onkyo and Fidelios like you would consider what to have for lunch..... Sorry for your wallet. :p

How's those X1s treating ya?

LoL yeppp. Haven't hurt the wallet THAT badly, since the journey has been such a blast and have learned so much.
L3000.gif
  And met a lot of great head-fier as well.
beerchug.gif

The seller just shipped my X1's so will be getting them later this week if all goes well. HYPED!!!

Quote:

Wow. That was the most lame roasting ever! Rodney Dangerfield would not be impressed :)

haha yeah....
redface.gif
  It's the thought that counts!!!
tongue.gif

I was trying to think real hard of some Ds' dubs but alls that came to mind were those MT-300s. HE HE HE But sadly the nutman had nothing to do with those, damn it!!! : P

Ah.... maybe it was those JVC FXZ200 that i seem to have a love/hate relationship with. I was crazy hyped to hear them, but they were so meh due to the lack of burn in. And i didn't expected THAT much freaken burn-in to get them to sound right, so that was a labor of love right there. All thanks to Ghostfits though for telling me to give them a chance and to beat the crap outta them.

Speaking of that pesky ghost where has he been of late, haven't seen him post in a long minute. By i am sure he is lurking like always. Come out come out where ever you are.
normal_smile .gif

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #12,257 of 106,664
Quote:
WoW, so the VSD7s IS coming out later this year??? And HOW MUCHY??? I ain't dropping like $500 for some Chinaman iems meng. But if they are gonna charge that much they better crush the gr07 BEs like an ant.
triportsad.gif
i wonder what tech Vsonic is gonna use in those since they seem to be cutting ties with Sony due to their lamo anti-jpn stance so that bio-cell tech might come to an end, but who knows..... alls i know is Vsonic got a BIG MOUTH. 

The new Vsonics look REALLY good!  Damn!!!!!!!!!

What's that about Vsonic cutting ties with Sony / Japan, huh...?  Source?

Quote:

Would you still like it if I was to tell you that those 'women' were from Bangkok?
biggrin.gif

Yes I would!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do I find these Onkyo's??  I can't find them on amazon.jp.  Model number?

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #12,258 of 106,664
Quote:
Man it is tough going on the X3 thread people be jumping off that boat. Lol. Hey I am toughing it out. I feel for Mr. James Fiio. Every other question is. When is it going to be out..How come it has problems with this or that. I bet those guys are stressing out right about now.

The X3 looks amazing! I can't wait.

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #12,259 of 106,664
Where do I find these Onkyo's??  I can't find them on amazon.jp.  Model number?

For the IEMs, it's IE-HF300. Don't search for Onkyo as they use Japanese for brand names. I learnt that what I bought my Fidelios.

To Dsnuts,
Could you try listening to "My Songs Know What you did in the Dark" by the FoBs on your S2? Not sure if it's the recording itself but there seems to be a lot of sibilance, especially around the chorus parts. I know the S2s can handle Highs better than this but this track is proving otherwise.

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #12,260 of 106,664
The X3 looks amazing! I can't wait.

+1

I'm waiting for mp4nation to ship mine to Norway so it will probably take a while before I get it.

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #12,261 of 106,664
Quote:
For the IEMs, it's IE-HF300. Don't search for Onkyo as they use Japanese for brand names. I learnt that what I bought my Fidelios.

To Dsnuts,
Could you try listening to "My Songs Know What you did in the Dark" by the FoBs on your S2? Not sure if it's the recording itself but there seems to be a lot of sibilance, especially around the chorus parts. I know the S2s can handle Highs better than this but this track is proving otherwise.

That tune is brightly recorded almost saturated to the point where it is somewhat sibilant coming out of my speakers as I am typing this.. This is a case of a bad recording me thinks. I will listen to that one a bit more but I can clearly tell just from vocals it is not the best recording. During the chorus when they yell out fire.It is very distorted and sibilant. . Not a good recording. 

I would try listening to that with something like the bassos and I bet it will still come out sibilant. I know this is a youtube vid but you can tell by just listening to the recording here. It is not the best recording. I thing the tune is supposed to be a somewhat bright and aggressive but came out sibilant

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #12,262 of 106,664
Quote:
Another one to test the Onkyo waters! Get a pair and we can discuss notes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Definitely dude! All of my hi-fi equipment is the top of the line Onkyo (amp, pre-amp, disc player). Oh, I know there's better, but the sound signature just suited me to a "t" and paired well with my B&M 804 speakers.

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #12,263 of 106,664
Quote:
That tune is brightly recorded almost saturated to the point where it is somewhat sibilant coming out of my speakers as I am typing this.. This is a case of a bad recording me thinks. I will listen to that one a bit more but I can clearly tell just from vocals it is not the best recording. During the chorus when they yell out fire.It is very distorted and sibilant. . Not a good recording. 

I would try listening to that with something like the bassos and I bet it will still come out sibilant. I know this is a youtube vid but you can tell by just listening to the recording here. It is not the best recording. I thing the tune is supposed to be a somewhat bright and aggressive but came out sibilant

I agree. It's definitely recorded that way... really bright. It sounded to me like there's also clipping here and there... a sign of terrible engineering / mastering. Fall Out Boy is notorious for such production in most of their albums.

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #12,264 of 106,664
Quote:

The X1 one for me also... if/when I ever get it lol!

Until then, I'd have to say the CKS1000's (with help from yourself until you decided to become a traitor lol!), the Carbo Basso's, and the AD900X's.

Yeah, both him and SF recommended the TDK MT300's to me. Like WFT???  Ha ha - inside joke (they're not that bad though!).

LOL.. I didn't  become the traitor. I'll have you to know that for last couple of days I've been using the CKS1000 going and coming from work. It's fantastic still. I just happen to like the overall sig of the H-200 and RE-400 better, but 1ks is still the king of the drums (I LOVE DRUMS!!). That is, within a universal (and outside of the ASG-2, which I hold in a special category all to itself). 

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #12,265 of 106,664
Please talk about the Onkyo IEM more?  
beerchug.gif

Describe the mids and bass more, please? 

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #12,266 of 106,664
My What was the (I may have the number wrong) ATH-CK50. It's treble was like putting hot needles into my eardrums. Same with the the Therm.. (although that was a little better). I never tried the Monoprice. 

And I was surprised that Dsnuts didn't like the FXZ100 over the FXZ200. Although the FXZ200 had more bass and everything else, I just thought it was doing "to much!".  I don't listen to it a lot, but I still enjoy the FXZ100 a lot every time I put it in my ears. I don't miss the FXZ200 at all. 

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #12,267 of 106,664
Quote:
LOL.. I didn't  become the traitor. I'll have you to know that for last couple of days I've been using the CKS1000 going and coming from work. It's fantastic still. I just happen to like the overall sig of the H-200 and RE-400 better, but 1ks is still the king of the drums (I LOVE DRUMS!!). That is, within a universal (and outside of the ASG-2, which I hold in a special category all to itself). 

Lol - glad to see that you knew I was just teasing you. Good to know you're still getting some use out of the ol' 1k's though! And I didn't realize that you have the ASG2 (not in your sig...) - cool!

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #12,268 of 106,664
do you think the X3 will be a break through product?  im really enjoying the color fly C3 but the operating system is nuts....not donuts either!
i find my E7 andes not really hi fidelity although its convenient.  will we get better sound quality on the x3??? thanks for your thoughts on this

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #12,269 of 106,664
Quote:
My What was the (I may have the number wrong) ATH-CK50. It's treble was like putting hot needles into my eardrums. Same with the the Therm.. (although that was a little better). I never tried the Monoprice. 

And I was surprised that Dsnuts didn't like the FXZ100 over the FXZ200. Although the FXZ200 had more bass and everything else, I just thought it was doing "to much!".  I don't listen to it a lot, but I still enjoy the FXZ100 a lot every time I put it in my ears. I don't miss the FXZ200 at all. 

I feel the exact same regarding the Z100 vs. Z200.

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #12,270 of 106,664
Quote:
Please talk about the Onkyo IEM more?  
beerchug.gif

Describe the mids and bass more, please? 

I'm still waiting for them to burn in right. Overall, I'd say mids are rather forward, not up in your face, but somewhere around front row. Bass is also tight and responsive, mid/sub bass is certainly very engaging, it does really well keeping up with the sub-bass of tracks like QUEEN by Janelle Monae, takes on a whole new layer of the "feel" compared to the S2.
Quote:

Good. So It's not just me that's getting that. I love the energy these guys put into their performances, but they seriously need to find someone who actually knows how to handle an album recording. My ears screamed when I first heard the song on normal volume, Young Volcano and Phoenix were good, but overall, the distortion does no favors for the album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back