The discovery thread!
Jul 16, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #12,003 of 106,575
Quote:

Those are armatures, right?

Dem are Sonys meng.
cool.gif
The S500s are still amazing, donno whatcha be talkin' 'bout.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #12,004 of 106,575
My take on the sony xb90ex - after listening to a couple hours on them, i have to say, these are one of the most emotional iems i have listened to in my life. I feel the music as if it is trying to communicate with me. Call me crazy, but these are certainly going to be a keeper for me. Thanks again dannybai, you opened up a huge spectrum of sound for me to explore with these iems :wink:

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #12,005 of 106,575
Quote:
My take on the sony xb90ex - after listening to a couple hours on them, i have to say, these are one of the most emotional iems i have listened to in my life. I feel the music as if it is trying to communicate with me. Call me crazy, but these are certainly going to be a keeper for me. Thanks again dannybai, you opened up a huge spectrum of sound for me to explore with these iems
wink.gif

Awesome that you got them today.  I am glad you are enjoying them.  That sub-bass man, what did I tell you.  Make sure to try out some wide-bore tips, especially Auveo's.  It'll take the sound to another level yet.  
beerchug.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #12,009 of 106,575
Just tried and it seems the foam actually helps to reduce noise. I think it also helps to create better seal which is why it seems quieter than the non-foam tips...

Exactly! I always use the foam tips if ever a Sony Hybrid is the better choice. They don't change the sound but the isolation and fit is so much better than standard hybrids. I use them with most every IEM I own.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #12,012 of 106,575
You want a fullsized can or another in ears? That is the question. You want the best CKS earphone the CKS1000. You want one of the best sounding open cans for your home the X1.

If you can spend for a X1. Those are gonna be completely worth your cash and then some. You have the bassos going to you. The CKS1000 is one of those rare musical, magical large sounds..There are sound attributes on that phone that is worth owning one for...I would try n go for the X1. These have to be experienced by guys that love music with a bottom end. These clearly show there sound quality..

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #12,013 of 106,575
  1. XB90EX Review By - Snyper0012
    Accessories: lots and lots of tips. I got 7 pairs of tips, 3 which include foam insulation for better isolation. They are sony hybrid tips which are pretty popular since they are comfortable and isolate well.

Build quality: very solid in my hand. Read its made of abs plastic which is shock resistant, but very light material. I think sony did pretty well making them sturdy.

Isolation: All im saying is these isolate like wearing high end fullsize headphones. They isolate very well compared to my jvcs since the driver of the iem is closed.

Microphonics: It is evident but quite minimal compared to my jvcs. Can be reduced using the cable clip provided anyways.

Comfort: Despite being very large, they are actually very comfortable once you get them in your ear. It is a little more difficult to fit into your ear but once it is in, it is very comfortable.

Sound: Main things with these headphones are their massive 16mm Driver unit, which is able to reproduce some amazing levels of sub bass. The drivers are able to rumble very minimal to no distortion. The bass also does not bleed into other frequencies compared to most other bass orientated iem's. Mid bass is evident but not nearly as the sub bass of the iems. So if you are looking for massive punch, i dont know if you would want these headphones. Mids and highs of these headphones are very smooth and articulate. They are very clear with no distortion. A very pleasant iem to listen to with acoustics and vocals. I do agree others that the highs are a little rolled off.

Value: I got them for 60$, which is nearly half the original price of 120$. So from a 120$ price point, I would have to say these are quite a deal for the sound you get. 60$, well that is just plain insane for the sound.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #12,015 of 106,575
From the VSD1 thread:

I'm really starting to dislike that these aren't over the ear phones. I much prefer to wear them up, but it reverses the channels. They also don't isolate as much cable down, which is one of the reasons I got them (I'm going on a long international flight soon).

But they sound great 
angry_face.gif

Anyone want to trade for something of equal value that isolates more and can be worn over the ear?

Also asking here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back