The discovery thread!
post-8002304
Post #107 of 46,580

Joe Bloggs

Member of the Trade: HiBy / EFO technologies Co
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
Joined
Oct 21, 2001
Messages
10,836
Reaction score
2,601
Joined
Oct 21, 2001
Posts
10,836
Likes
2,601


Quote:
I have done some hunting around my area, all I can find is either SHE3680, or SHE3570, can anyone confirm if it is country-dependent model?


 
 
The SHE3580 *looks* like a minor iteration of the 3570 with clear silicone tips instead of coloured tips.  The SHE3680 looks and reads like a new model replacement of the 3580.  As for the sound... Parall3l sez
"I have the 3680, they were ok for $20 but the bass extension is disappointing."
 
The bass extension of the 3580 is anything but disappointing!!!
 
Also these come in 6 different colours with different model numbers, SHE3580 (black), SHE3581 (white), 3582 (light blue), 3583 (pink), 3584 (dark blue), and 3585 (red).  I can confirm that they all sound the same.  (well the black and the blue sound the same anyway...)  AFAICT these numbers are universal across the world.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8002346
Post #108 of 46,580

Joe Bloggs

Member of the Trade: HiBy / EFO technologies Co
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
Joined
Oct 21, 2001
Messages
10,836
Reaction score
2,601
Joined
Oct 21, 2001
Posts
10,836
Likes
2,601
Those of you who read my review of the SHE3580 may feel that I'm damning it with faint praise in places, but the truth is, modified by EQ though they may be (and important though that part may be;  I may be putting up my own guide to equalization to equal PiccoloNamek's soon), I have not had a better music experience out of any other audio equipment. Period. And the audio equipment I had listened to includes the Etymotic ER4, the Sennheiser HD580, and for a brief listen the Sony R10 driven by the ASL Twin Head.  Part of it is the superlative comfort and convenience of these buds, but even on the sonic front I have not really found better.  I thought the review should better reflect that fact, so I edited it for a bit.
 
Of course, if you prefer not to EQ your phones then these phones may indeed be a flawed gem, but a gem nonetheless at $10.  And of course one day I may find high end phones that cater to my sound signature such that I prefer them over the SHE3580.  But for me, today (and for most of this year), these are IT.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8002535
Post #109 of 46,580

david8613

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 25, 2011
Messages
693
Reaction score
149
Joined
Dec 25, 2011
Posts
693
Likes
149
new here, first post. my pl30 went out, loved them, it was a great recommendation from this site. after reading some, I orderd the tt isurus, Phillips she3580, meelectronics m6, xeport5010... wanted to get the monoprice but on back order. keep up the good work, It's really appreciated... how do these compare to the sound magics? I'm also interested in some after market tips, I'm learning that the right tips make a huge difference in sound.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8002766
Post #110 of 46,580

Dsnuts

You guys can call me a JVC (or AT) superfan
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
10,799
Reaction score
7,190
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Posts
10,799
Likes
7,190
Well ain't this a complete surprise.
 
The Philips actually has a bigger mid bass punch over the isurus. I took the SHE3580 home for Christmas and got used to the sound signature and then threw on my Isurus and I could have sworn the bass on the Isurus was a bigger, it is a more tighter vs the SHE3580. The sub bass extension is about the same but to my surprise the SHE3570 does have a bigger punch. Detail and sound staging is better on the Isurus but for guys that want a bigger bass punch the SHE3580 is awesome.
 
If you guys are wondering which one to get if you aren't getting both. The pros on the sound signature of the isurus is its detail and imaging. You can make out every sound with authority on them.
 
The SHE3580 is a smooth listening earphone and while not as detailed as the isurus, it does your music complete justice. The clarity and smoothness is astounding on these.. Out of the 2 if you want bigger bass punch go for the SHE3580 that being said the Isurus has no weakness in this department either.  
 
     Share This Post       
post-8002884
Post #111 of 46,580

vlenbo

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Messages
2,641
Reaction score
143
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Posts
2,641
Likes
143


Quote:
Well ain't this a complete surprise.
 
The Philips actually has a bigger mid bass punch over the isurus. I took the SHE3580 home for Christmas and got used to the sound signature and then threw on my Isurus and I could have sworn the bass on the Isurus was a bigger, it is a more tighter vs the SHE3580. The sub bass extension is about the same but to my surprise the SHE3570 does have a bigger punch. Detail and sound staging is better on the Isurus but for guys that want a bigger bass punch the SHE3580 is awesome.
 
If you guys are wondering which one to get if you aren't getting both. The pros on the sound signature of the isurus is its detail and imaging. You can make out every sound with authority on them.
 
The SHE3580 is a smooth listening earphone and while not as detailed as the isurus, it does your music complete justice. The clarity and smoothness is astounding on these.. Out of the 2 if you want bigger bass punch go for the SHE3580 that being said the Isurus has no weakness in this department either.  

I remember reading earlier that the isurus has a distortion problem with highs from one guy. is this true? *The cymbals were the distortion he said* if I can find it again I'll post it.
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8002890
Post #112 of 46,580

ri_toast

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
544
Reaction score
31
Location
New England
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Location
New England
Posts
544
Likes
31
well i found the Isurus on ebay locally, so i bought it and while i was there i watched a different auction end.... thought it was a great price but i wouldn't win..after all electrostatic vintage headphones sometimes double in price in the last moments..but i did after going two dollars over the current price, now i haz a sad  (not really but i just need a head with more ears, ty)
ds i glad you don't find the most expensive iems and headphones to tease us with. :wink:
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8002997
Post #113 of 46,580

Syrn

New Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Posts
39
Likes
0
Quote:
I remember reading earlier that the isurus has a distortion problem with highs from one guy. is this true? *The cymbals were the distortion he said* if I can find it again I'll post it.
 
Cant speak for if it's true but I know the review you are talking about. It's the one from Hi Tech Legion.
Here are the external reviews that I've currently found, the motherboards one is a re-post.
 
http://www.overclockerstech.com/thermaltake-tt-esports-isurus-inear-gaming-headset-review/
http://www.motherboards.org/content/thermaltake-isurus-ear-gaming-headset-1?page=1
www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/audio/9722

 
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8003006
Post #114 of 46,580

Dsnuts

You guys can call me a JVC (or AT) superfan
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
10,799
Reaction score
7,190
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Posts
10,799
Likes
7,190


Quote:
I remember reading earlier that the isurus has a distortion problem with highs from one guy. is this true? *The cymbals were the distortion he said* if I can find it again I'll post it.
 


Ya I like showing the guys distorting earphones so I can be cursed to the high heavens. Now I will admit the highs are brighter on these but that again is the AT sound signature which you should be now familiar with. Think A900X. In an iem and you get the idea behind the Isurus..It is not as detailed or as refined as the A900x of course but the sound signature you should be able to immediately recognize..


Quote:
well i found the Isurus on ebay locally, so i bought it and while i was there i watched a different auction end.... thought it was a great price but i wouldn't win..after all electrostatic vintage headphones sometimes double in price in the last moments..but i did after going two dollars over the current price, now i haz a sad  (not really but i just need a head with more ears, ty)
ds i glad you don't find the most expensive iems and headphones to tease us with. :wink:
 

Ri-Toast  Hey you know how I do. I am more about value in what you get than the obvious high end stuff as you know..Enjoy your new iems..To put it simply the value you get with the stuff on my theads should alone be worthy of trying out..
 
Oh by the way guys. The Burn recommend for both iems// The Isurus is a big one. 100 plus hours. The highs will mellow out and turn into lovely detail
The Philips SHE3580. I noticed doesn't need as much burn a solid 24hours should do the trick.
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8003019
Post #115 of 46,580

Jupiterknight

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
1,951
Reaction score
103
Location
USA/OH
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Location
USA/OH
Posts
1,951
Likes
103
I'm glad to see that more people will have a chance to experience the Isurus, SHE3580 or both. I do actually believe that they complement each other very well!
 
I have already had the pleasure of listening to both IEM's for a week or two. The Isurus was a pleasent surprise compared to the MP8320 and I certainly think they're worth the $12-14 more that I paid. 
 
I experience the Isurus to be more detailed and refined  Generally speaking, I found the mids to sound more pleasing to my ears than with MP8320.
The Isurus does have some sibilance that probably will be less tolerable for some. 
 
I like the fit with Isurus better, although I did not have any issues with the MP8320, but I do believe many will be able to find a better fit with the Isurus even with the stock tips, and particular if you have smaller ears.
 
What the relationship between the Isurus and the Audio Technica drivers from CKM77/CKM99 exactly are, I don't know, but I'm sure we will learn more about this very soon.
 
I have read the two reviews on the CKM99 and do agree with Dsnuts that the reviews could very well describe how the Isurus sound, but of course it doesn't necessarily mean that they will be completely identical, most likely not! 
 
To me, at least, it doesn't really matter, what matters more is that I really like the Isurus and particular it's price. It gives me a sound that I just a couple of weeks ago would not have expected coming from a $20-22 IEM.  Excellent workmanship from Dsnuts by finding these. I can only criticize him for not discovering them earlier when Thermaltake was selling them for only $10 inc; shipping. :)
 
Regarding the SHE3580. By coincidence I stumbled upon JoeBloggs review and decided to give them a try, after all if Dsnuts was right about his $7.11 IEM's, why couldn't JoeBloggs be as well. I was being a cheapskate and just bought them refurbished for $9, shipping was more expensive than the IEM!
 
They took me by surprise, particular because I have before picked up a couple of the Philips IEM's and I never really liked them.
So I wasn't expecting very much of a difference, but today I can only agree with most of JoeBloggs review of the SHE3580 and certainly that they are a $9 gem, particular the impressive lower frequency presentation from such a small unit. I do believe this will be recognized when more people have them in hand.
 
I'm also glad that JoeBloggs doesn't have to talk to himself  anymore :)
 
     Share This Post       
post-8003068
Post #116 of 46,580

Dsnuts

You guys can call me a JVC (or AT) superfan
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
10,799
Reaction score
7,190
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Posts
10,799
Likes
7,190
He's got my support.! Thanks for your input JupiterKnight..Oh by the way guys I have an interesting update on the other Philips SHE 9550.. Very interesting indeed. I have been keeping these on the burn. What was once bloaty big bass is now more controlled and the mids have now become more fuller. Now there is upper/ mid bass bleed and most Basshead Iems will inevitably have this but. I can now give a recommend to these..BASSHEAD approved. If you want the sound of the SHE3580 but with even bigger bass. That is what these are for. The bass on these which was once out of control is much more controlled and these will satisfy any Bass head.!
 
These are how I would put the bass sounds on 4 Iems
 
TT Isurus   8inch subs maybe infinity quality tight and reaches deep.
SHE3580 10 inch subs maybe Rockford Fosgates and reaches deep
SHE9550  12 inch Kicker audio. Shakes your bowls makes you pee a bit. Lol!
JVC HAFX1X 15inch JVC subs..Shakes your eyeballs makes you go blind on the right note.
 
That being said the over all sound quality is still better on the other 2. Now if you want mind numbing bass and are willing to sacrifice a bit of sound quality to do so. You know who you are. Try these SHE9550.. I do recommend a solid 40 hours of burn on these however.  For the guys that have the JVC HAFX1X.  These would be a side grade. Similar level of bass, I would say just a bit less. So don't bother. But for guys that want to try a Philips version. These are much better than my initial impressions of them after burning them. Back on topic
 
     Share This Post       
post-8003099
Post #117 of 46,580

vlenbo

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Messages
2,641
Reaction score
143
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Posts
2,641
Likes
143


Quote:
Ya I like showing the guys distorting earphones so I can be cursed to the high heavens. Now I will admit the highs are brighter on these but that again is the AT sound signature which you should be now familiar with. Think A900X. In an iem and you get the idea behind the Isurus..It is not as detailed or as refined as the A900x of course but the sound signature you should be able to immediately recognize..

Ri-Toast  Hey you know how I do. I am more about value in what you get than the obvious high end stuff as you know..Enjoy your new iems..To put it simply the value you get with the stuff on my theads should alone be worthy of trying out..
 
Oh by the way guys. The Burn recommend for both iems// The Isurus is a big one. 100 plus hours. The highs will mellow out and turn into lovely detail
The Philips SHE3580. I noticed doesn't need as much burn a solid 24hours should do the trick.
 

Sorry, just wondering if you ever experienced it, that guy tried testing lows and highs on it so I just wondered if you experienced that by hand as well. Not saying you do like doing that, sorry. Yes, I will I got it. It's not going to compare with products in the range of $150-350 but it'll be adequate for it. I will pick up thermaltakes soon enough, thanks dsnuts.
 
 
 
Quote:
Cant speak for if it's true but I know the review you are talking about. It's the one from Hi Tech Legion.
Here are the external reviews that I've currently found, the motherboards one is a re-post.
 
http://www.overclockerstech.com/thermaltake-tt-esports-isurus-inear-gaming-headset-review/
http://www.motherboards.org/content/thermaltake-isurus-ear-gaming-headset-1?page=1
http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/audio/9722
Thanks, I needed that.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8003102
Post #118 of 46,580

tmars78

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
34
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Posts
418
Likes
34


Quote:
He's got my support.! Thanks for your input JupiterKnight..Oh by the way guys I have an interesting update on the other Philips SHE 9550.. Very interesting indeed. I have been keeping these on the burn. What was once bloaty big bass is now more controlled and the mids have now become much more fuller. Now there is upper/ mid bass bleed and most Basshead Iems will inevitably have this but. I can now give a recommend to these..BASSHEAD approved. If you want the sound of the SHE3580 but with even bigger bass. That is what these are for. The bass on these which was once out of control is much more controlled and these will satisfy any Bass head.! Back on topic.
 
These are how I would put the bass sounds on 4 Iems
 
TT Isurus   8inch subs maybe infinity quality tight and reaches deep.
SHE3580 10 inch subs maybe Rockford Fosgates and reaches deep
SHE9550  12 inch Kicker audio. Shakes your bowls makes you pee a bit. Lol!
JVC HAFX1X 15inch JVC subs..Shakes your eyeballs makes you go blind on the right note.
 
That being said the over all sound quality is still better on the other 2. Now if you want mind numbing bass and are willing to sacrifice a bit of sound quality to do so. You know who you are. Try these SHE9550.. I do recommend a solid 40 hours of burn on these however.  For the guys that have the JVC HAFX1X.  These would be a side grade. Similar level of bass, I would say just a bit less. So don't bother. But for guys that want to try a Philips version. These are much better than my initial impressions of them after burning them.

 
I use these as my everyday IEMs.(use them when on public transportation.) In fact I called these my most important headphone, as I use them more than anything else I own. After a year of owning, I have had no troubles with them.  I am going to order the SHE3580 and compare them to these. The bass is mind numbing, as you put it. I don't think the sound quality on them is really lacking. I use the Koss DJPRO100s for almost all of my listening, and while these aren't on par with them, I don't think that they are far off. I am using them with my STX right now, and I enjoy the sound plenty. Enough highs for me, and much deeper bass than my DJPROs. Actually, they can be quite sibilant if you ask me. Maybe that is because I removed the filters that cover the drivers? 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8003111
Post #119 of 46,580

Dsnuts

You guys can call me a JVC (or AT) superfan
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
10,799
Reaction score
7,190
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Posts
10,799
Likes
7,190
I think you will enjoy the SHE 3580. The sound quality is awesome and overall much smoother sounding than the SHE9550. The bass is not as big but everything else is not sacrificed in the sound spectrum so you get a much more coherent smoother cleaner sounding earphone.. The Bass is very satisfactory on the SHE3580 as well. Give it a go it is a very solid upgrade over the SHE9550.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8003119
Post #120 of 46,580

tmars78

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
34
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Posts
418
Likes
34


Quote:
I think you will enjoy the SHE 3580. The sound quality is awesome and overall much smoother sounding than the SHE9550. The bass is not as big but everything else is not sacrificed in the sound spectrum so you get a much more coherent smoother cleaner sounding earphone.. The Bass is very satisfactory on the SHE3580 as well. Give it a go it is a very solid upgrade over the SHE9550.


Ordered. Will give my impressions after they get here. I need to stop buying headphones, I now have 3 pairs on their way here. 

 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 19)

Top