The discovery thread!
May 13, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #101,386 of 103,505
Discovered that tripowin nucool cable are not suitable for iems. Chin slider is actual metal and heavy that its tugging the iems out.
Snapseed.jpeg

May 13, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #101,388 of 103,505
Impulse ordered the CKLVX D41. I see a few mentions of it here but seems to have mostly flown under the radar. Will give some impressions when I get it.

Looks like I'm back in the rabbit hole.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. There's something about Myer Audio tuning that sets them apart, I'm a big fan. I love my D41 and SL41, still waiting for my SLT6 to arrive.

May 13, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #101,389 of 103,505
Totl'y in limbo....i.e...(cr)iemated aka no longer rotated !!....Rising from the ashes; phoenix-like ??...highly unlikely...
Nope. Very few rise from the ashes. GK10, VS3, and NX7 tried recently, and pitted against the ST7, went quietly back in the box. Every so often we re-discover a lost gem, but mostly they fell in the pits for a reason.

May 13, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #101,391 of 103,505
May 13, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #101,392 of 103,505
What are these called? They look like a more ergonomic S&S tip. Are they grippy as well?
Sorry I'm in the middle of a review, I don't know what they are called, but they came with the 7Hz Aurora. Most likely they will be offered independently. But the red ones, yes they are both grippy and longer than normal offering more contact than the regular long wide-bores (generic) shown in the lower right.

May 13, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #101,394 of 103,505
Not shown here are the Tangz Tang Sancai normal bore, I have those too, but the (shown here blue) new wide bore Tangz Tang Sancai are the cat's meow!.......Also the Velvets!
DSC_1524.jpegsq.jpeg
Thanks !....I had a choice via Linsoul to order the normal or wide bore - alas the spreadsheet gives the latter quite a poor rating tbf.
The YT reviewer Donspektor - who compiled the spreadsheet outlines why he prefers the normal bore tips :-

May 13, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #101,395 of 103,505
Speaking of tips, is there anything with a wide bore that has the same rotating mechanism as SpinFits? I have the wide bore SpinFits but just curious about other options.
I think the Moondrop Spring tips provide a good alternative? - check the spreadsheet & video above, in order to make an informed choice ok?

May 13, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #101,396 of 103,505
May 13, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #101,397 of 103,505
I loved BA sound from the very first listening - nice and simple with 1More Triple that I still use and enjoy as a real "beater". Then KZ AS10 was so wow that I can tell a lot of stories. BAs sound is nice and engaging to my ears for music enjoyment. Somehow I never felt that DD sound is "natural". I isten to strings a lot, and even most rampant "steely" BAs work reasonably with most of my favourite recordings.
Recently, AS24 gave me everything (perfect switches for me from too bassy to too lean and I just love its plain rendering). I got two copies (for me and KZ support) and just thought to explore a bit hybrids after.
ZAT gave most for me (though in most bass lean settings). I love Plutus (bass), Phoenixcall (subtle balance), 1 More Penta (treble layering) for their great flavours; Moondrop May for one of the best perceived values, while not Simgot E6ML- $100, really (??); ears are surely different, and I buy all my IEMs, no Linsoul samples).

On another note, I jusy ordered beautiful Relentless at $150
Screenshot_20240513-195905_Samsung Internet.jpg
(Kinera store offered more discounts; I hope $150 is a good price for both of us for their beautiful art and sound - so mellowed me here:))
I'm with you on the BA love. Something about all-BA sets that just sound smooth in exactly the right way to my ear. They remind me of AMT drivers on speakers.

Impulse ordered the CKLVX D41. I see a few mentions of it here but seems to have mostly flown under the radar. Will give some impressions when I get it.

Looks like I'm back in the rabbit hole.
Curious about this set. Aren't these the ones that are supposedly a re-shelled, re-branded version of the Pula PA02?

May 13, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #101,399 of 103,505
Well I FINALLY got some stuff in from Aliexpress... dang that app kept refunding me on all my orders, saying there's shipping problems -mostly with their bundle deals... anyhow got the KZ D-fi in and I was like... I paid 4$, is this a fake? I opened it up and nearly panicked when I saw no switches...!!! I look on the back of the box and it says the option is no mic, no switches. I check the KZ website, and sure enough, you can get the D-fi with no switches. Guess that's the sets no one wants so they're being dumped for cheap. EVERYONE here was going on about the switches so I never realized they sold a non-switch version. Besides, Iistening to them for a minute or two before hooking them up to burn in a little, they sounded good enough I could tell they weren't fakes. Guess my old KZ single DD king is about to fall! (the EDX.)

May 13, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #101,400 of 103,505
Discovered that tripowin nucool cable are not suitable for iems. Chin slider is actual metal and heavy that its tugging the iems out.Snapseed.jpeg

I have that exact Mojo2Poly rig! 🥰 Also running mine wirelessly too! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back