The discovery thread!
Jun 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #11,266 of 106,539
Quote:

What is it about you and those MT-300s ???   ...you keep mentioning them !  ...pray, share what irks you about them ???

I sent him some MT-300's a while back. He repaid me by hating them, giving them away, and then never letting me forget about it!

He's a very bad man 
size]

size]

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #11,267 of 106,539
Quote:

Umm, a quick search reveals some head-fiers have already tried it... http://www.head-fi.org/t/557813/fs-audio-technica-key-ath-ckf500

LMAO that post is full of ban. :  (

I miss our girl kiteki.
normal_smile .gif

Quote:

What is it about you and those MT-300s ???   ...you keep mentioning them !  ...pray, share what irks you about them ???

THEY ARE GODLY NUFF SAID.
wink.gif

Quote:
Off-topic : Lets just 1 goal in 58 mins of play... and then 2 in 17 secs. WTFsdfkl;asjdfklajsdf@#$@#4/.
frown.gif

BOOOOOOOOOOO to hockey junkies!!!

Quote:

I sent him some MT-300's a while back. He repaid me by hating them, giving them away, and then never letting me forget about it!

He's a very bad man 
size]

size]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! So you finally found out.
redface.gif

If it meant anything, i kept the tips.
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #11,268 of 106,539
So I got the RE-400 in today. With only 30 minutes of listening, I think I can fairly say these earphones are at $100 a king among that price range as the H-200 is a king among the $200-$350 price range universals. And I can only imagine what burn-in is going to do for these refined neutral tiny monsters. Excellent sound. I just hope the build quality holds up. They look solid enough but a few have had problems. We'll see. Easily hits above $200 at a $100 MSRP.

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #11,269 of 106,539
Quote:
So I got the RE-400 in today. With only 30 minutes of listening, I think I can fairly say these earphones are at $100 a king among that price range as the H-200 is a king among the $200-$350 price range universals. And I can only imagine what burn-in is going to do for these refined neutral tiny monsters. Excellent sound. I just hope the build quality holds up. They look solid enough but a few have had problems. We'll see. Easily hits above $200 at a $100 MSRP.

The bolded text is all I need to hear :)

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #11,271 of 106,539
Quote:

Interesting, I thought you weren't so much into the neutral/'polite' types of earphones. I just got mine last week, and as well as the smooth sound, love the lightness and smallness. They do feel like they might be a bit flimsy though.

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #11,272 of 106,539
So guys,

I need to get my younger brother a birthday present and i was thinking IEMs, since he's going off to NYC for school next fall and can't be carrying around his clunky headphones all over the place.

I'm thinking something with a fun but neutral signature, as he listens to a very wide variety of music and lots of it.

I was thinking either the RE-400, one of the newer ATH IEMs, or the philips s2 - basically something high in the bang-per-buck range.

around $150 would be ideal.

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #11,273 of 106,539
Quote:
Interesting, I thought you weren't so much into the neutral/'polite' types of earphones. I just got mine last week, and as well as the smooth sound, love the lightness and smallness. They do feel like they might be a bit flimsy though.

I worry about the cable connection; cable and connection to the earphones seem flimsy.
I am one of the few that don't really like their smallness, will just have to look for big ass tips.
biggrin.gif

You would think that HiFiman would try to put decent cables/connections on their earphones given the problems that they had with the re-0's

Sound wise I agree with what people have been posting, but still prefer the more expensive TDK-200's, granted different driver types.

Still quite a bargain at $100, just watch out that you don't yank the cable right off...

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #11,274 of 106,539
Quote:
So guys,

I need to get my younger brother a birthday present and i was thinking IEMs, since he's going off to NYC for school next fall and can't be carrying around his clunky headphones all over the place.

I'm thinking something with a fun but neutral signature, as he listens to a very wide variety of music and lots of it.

I was thinking either the RE-400, one of the newer ATH IEMs, or the philips s2 - basically something high in the bang-per-buck range.

around $150 would be ideal.

get him something with best build quality. "younger brothers" tend to **** thing up pretty easily. maybe ATH CKS1000 or something along the lines...

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #11,275 of 106,539
Quote:
Will like i said i am just glad my noob @ss is bassheadish and those might be too bass sissy for my liking.

But do care to inform us what those "most celebrated 'bass-heavy' cans" sounding like fart cannons that you speak of. A few examples would be wonderful.

I hope you ain't talking about no beats cuz the bass on the studios i heard was weakkkkkkkkkkk!!! Even the monoprice DJ cans had better, and more powerful bass. Was expecting fart cannons but got nothing, what a TOTAL disappointment given that beats are known to be ALL BASS and nothing else.

OMG THANK YOU!!!!!! im so glad to know im not the only one who finds the bass on the Beats lacking. When i first heard them i was expecting seismic bass, but i felt robbed once i actually heard them. The tiny corecools put out like 2-3× the bass of those things. My m audio q40 have more bass than the beats with waay better overall sq.

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #11,276 of 106,539
get him something with best build quality. "younger brothers" tend to **** thing up pretty easily. maybe ATH CKS1000 or something along the lines...

That's a bit expensive I reckon.

Probably better either Carbo Basso or Tenore. They are built like tanks.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #11,278 of 106,539
Quote:

I'm not 100% sure, but they should be around150 from amazon japan including tenso shipping and all that stuff

You can get them off of ebay for way under $150 with shipping.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #11,279 of 106,539
cks1000 are $140 on amazon it would seem.

I don't think my brother likes super bassy headphones but then again i don't think he'd be super picky. he's discerning, just not picky.

I was thinking the carbo bassos but i'm not really sure what level their sound. all the reviews i've read are positive but it's a little FOTM-ish. not to mention importing them is a pain and they won't get here in time for his birthday - which is something of a damper.

Do more people have the S2 now?

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #11,280 of 106,539
Quote:

No, I've never stated that quartertone; others have stated that about me. I have stated that I'm more of a (quality) basshead than not. Make that an audiophile basshead. I've also stated many times that I like DIFFERENT sound signatures (although the AS-2 and H-200 happen to be my favorites right now). And the V6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back