The discovery thread!
Jun 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #10,697 of 101,234
Ya I am digging on the clear to nozzle coloration of them CKS77X tips.You know you can order those tips on Amazon Japan.? I remember while I was looking at Amazon Japan stuff the other day landing on a packet of CKS77X tips.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #10,699 of 101,234
Quote:

Looking forward to your impression on the Basso / Tenore comparision as well as the CKS1000 / CKS77X.

Incidentally, nobody heard the SZ2000 ???

Hey ghost why don't you start the hype train for us here at the discovery thread with those SZs, the honor is all yours.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
You guys will be interested on the OTHER item I am getting as well. Which I will disclose when they get the treatment..It is not what you guys are thinking I am getting..A super duper secret item. A first for the discovery thread. Oooo. What could it be...??

Can it be....???
eek.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/667596/if-you-suffer-mental-health-problems-and-narrow-sound-stage

That 3rd comment LMAO. Well it is not THAT surprising since you're getting these from Jpn and you know how crazy those peps are regarding stuff like this. haha

Jun 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #10,702 of 101,234
Mmmm... rings!

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #10,704 of 101,234
Jun 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #10,705 of 101,234
Jun 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #10,706 of 101,234
Jun 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #10,707 of 101,234
Quote:
haha i am sure they will be better than superluxes that's for sure. Pretty good for $60 but it seems like they have some issues...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/648394/pioneer-se-a1000-anyone-have-these

I like this from one of the amazon.com reviews...

[size=small]Pro's[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]The sound is very good, clean and neutral. The pressure is so light you forget these are headphones making noise.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]The headphones are comfortable to wear, I managed 8 hours with no irritation.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]The lead is long enough to reach the tv without issue.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]Low drive means they are loud on your ipod.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]The cable is quite thick to give good protection.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]Although they are open backed the bleed is low in both directions. (much lower than HD555's for example.)[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]The Bass is neutral and tight but use of bass equalizer on ipod showed there was plenty there is you wanted it and it does not get soggy[/size][size=small][/size]
Your children will not steal them![size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]Con's[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]The head phones are big. You can't miss em. The frame is huge and the earpads are large.[/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small]You can't jog in them the pressure is very light.[/size][size=small][/size]
Your children will laugh at you.

I modded mine to have a removable cable because of how large the stock cable is.

But yeah, portability is debatable. They drive well, but the stock cable was intended for home use.

The main thing is that they're unbeatable at their price range. You also won't find anything with better quality, separation, or imaging until you start really shelling out the money.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #10,708 of 101,234
Quote:
That would excite me, except I'm more into tattoos rather than piercings.

Nothing against you mate.
wink.gif

You don't know what you're missing until you try it! 
size]

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #10,709 of 101,234
Update on the CKS77X.  Bass has tightened up and the midrange and treble has zero fatigue already.  Midrange and Treble is fantastic.  Stage is still super deep.  Bass is still monstrous though but I love it for some reason.  I think these make the XB90EX, FXZ200 and any other bass phone I've heard recently not as bassy.  These are the true subwoofers with some mid-bass to boot.  Fun as hell to listen to bass driven tunes.  Instrument separation gets a bit hidden by the bass but still manages quite well for such a crazy bass earphone.  These things are insane.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back