The discovery thread!
Mar 10, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #96,781 of 101,046
The NiceHCK Himalaya is a 10 mm CNT single DD, with a Titanium alloy shell.

Himalaya.jpg

Literally built like a tank, comes with modular cables and is very easily driven and comfortable.

NiceHCK Himalaya.jpg

8 kHz is a coupler artefact

So there are 3 tuning nozzles available, the gold and black ones are pretty similar, in furnishing a Harmanish tone with some sparkle in the lower treble due to a slight 4 kHz push. These 2 tunings are very solid in technicalities, providing fast transients and crisp tone, with an extremely textured bass with fast basslines.

For folks who want a more laid back upper mids/lower treble, the blue nozzle does tame this area, furnishing a more chill soundscape, though there is admittedly a slight blunting of resolution on this nozzle.

Timbre is very natural, timbre freaks will have no complaints.

As of the time of this post, we don't have a pricing available in the international market, but it seems to have launched domestically in China (https://sg.world.taobao.com/item/767071545467.htm).

I certainly would put it in the midFI single DD bracket in terms of performance, something competing against stuff like the Oriveti OD200, Tanchjim Origin, DUNU Falcon Ultra and the Simgot EA1000.

Quite a promising IEM, as an overall package, it balances the 3Ts of timbre, tonality and technicalities nicely. Will do some burn-in and A/B comparisons against other single DDs.

Some of us should get together and do an “open source” research project to relate subjective listening preferences to listeners’s habit and background (loudness, music type, listening environment, cultural and demographic background). We can publish the findings on Arxiv

Imagine if we can collab with Listeners and Resolve 🤔
Good idea to materialise. Me and @baskingshark actually discussed it to put up a database on listening preferences a few years ago. He share this idea to me before.

@baskingshark This idea should be materialise if ever given that @o0genesis0o is also agree in this idea.

Actually Sony DAPs seem to have different tunings for different region's customers:
Region_Guide.JPG

Courtesy of Headfier Mindstorms:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...are-non-android.943661/page-491#post-17272010

Hmm, seems their tuners already catered for the different sonic preferences of different regions?

This little dongle(fiio ka11) is surprisingly strong. Powers the Crimson pretty easily. Also powers the Scarlet Mini! Which I tried at CJNYC. It's good that I only had a short demo, because I think all dat bass would wear out its welcome after a while. I will have to rethink what is "above average" and "a ton" of bass quantity now...Interesting how exposure to one thing can change your perception about another thing. But still, it was cool to hear it, and the mids were clean-ish, or at least more than I expected them to be.

If you ever do any very quiet listening though, this dongle can be too powerful. Even at the lowest volume setting, I've had to switch to the apple dongle for listening to something before bed.

I think there seems to be a new Fiio KA11 firmware that has been released this week, that apparently can limit the volume via the Fiio control app: https://forum.fiio.com/note/showNoteContent.do?id=202403061706174125325&floor=

Haven't tried this newest firmware though, as I need some big power for driving power-hungry gear.

Oh and always always be careful when updating firmware on a dongle. Have seen multiple reports of dongles getting bricked cause the customers touched or move the dongle during updating. Always update it on a hard surface with nothing nearby. I even saw an anecdotal report of someone bricking his dongle cause his fan was blowing strongly and moved the cable of the dongle during an update!

Mar 10, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #96,782 of 101,046
DSC_0346.jpegqwx.jpeg

Left to right:

$369.00 Sound Rhyme SR7 6 BA + 1 DD Universal IEM
$149.00 Sound Rhyme SR5 4 BA + 1 DD Universal IEM
$299.00 The HiSenior Okavango 6 BA + 1DD Universal IEM
$239.00 The HiSenior Mega5P 4 BA + 1 DD Universal IEM

Doing a few comparisons later today for the SR5. I have only reviewed one other Sound Rhyme IEM, the SR7. Still so far the little $149.00 SR5 is quite the underdog?
Sounding like a way more expensive IEM.
DSC_0429.jpegqs.jpeg

DSC_1049.jpeg1111.jpeg

Here I'm matching the SR5 with the Penon ASOS+ cable, Sony WM1Z with MrWalkman's firmware and Penon Liqueur Ear-Tips. A great set-up, I must say!

DSC_0359.jpegasasa.jpeg

DSC_0352.jpegwow.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #96,783 of 101,046
The NiceHCK Himalaya is a 10 mm CNT single DD, with a Titanium alloy shell.

Himalaya.jpg

Literally built like a tank, comes with modular cables and is very easily driven and comfortable.

NiceHCK Himalaya.jpg
8 kHz is a coupler artefact

So there are 3 tuning nozzles available, the gold and black ones are pretty similar, in furnishing a Harmanish tone with some sparkle in the lower treble due to a slight 4 kHz push. These 2 tunings are very solid in technicalities, providing fast transients and crisp tone, with an extremely textured bass with fast basslines.

For folks who want a more laid back upper mids/lower treble, the blue nozzle does tame this area, furnishing a more chill soundscape, though there is admittedly a slight blunting of resolution on this nozzle.

Timbre is very natural, timbre freaks will have no complaints.

As of the time of this post, we don't have a pricing available in the international market, but it seems to have launched domestically in China (https://sg.world.taobao.com/item/767071545467.htm).

I certainly would put it in the midFI single DD bracket in terms of performance, something competing against stuff like the Oriveti OD200, Tanchjim Origin, DUNU Falcon Ultra and the Simgot EA1000.

Quite a promising IEM, as an overall package, it balances the 3Ts of timbre, tonality and technicalities nicely. Will do some burn-in and A/B comparisons against other single DDs.

Actually Sony DAPs seem to have different tunings for different region's customers:
Region_Guide.JPG

Courtesy of Headfier Mindstorms:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...are-non-android.943661/page-491#post-17272010

Hmm, seems their tuners already catered for the different sonic preferences of different regions?

I think there seems to be a new Fiio KA11 firmware that has been released this week, that apparently can limit the volume via the Fiio control app: https://forum.fiio.com/note/showNoteContent.do?id=202403061706174125325&floor=

Haven't tried this newest firmware though, as I need some big power for driving power-hungry gear.

Oh and always always be careful when updating firmware on a dongle. Have seen multiple reports of dongles getting bricked cause the customers touched or move the dongle during updating. Always update it on a hard surface with nothing nearby. I even saw an anecdotal report of someone bricking his dongle cause his fan was blowing strongly and moved the cable of the dongle during an update!
Do you have the previous NiceHCK Lofty? It seems to have a somewhat similar tuning? Even the design is the same, with the same capsule, but different external face and driver technology. The Topguy's also went in a similar direction. I would like to compare if they have raised the sub-bass compared to those.

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #96,784 of 101,046
Thanks for this. Love all the knowledge you have packed in. But I think you misunderstood my comparison. I wasn't thinking about the graph as in track recording, but instead lines of notes such as:
1000012429.jpg

I'm very pleased that you like it. It's easy and straight-forward. I'll be incorporating that into all my reviews going forward. I need to review all of my sets at some point.

Ahh sorry for misinterpreted the notes song line if that what you mean 😁

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #96,785 of 101,046
Closer to the earth. With some country music and nature.
Happy Sunday afternoon.
😊

1710068149330.png

Mar 10, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #96,786 of 101,046
Do you have the previous NiceHCK Lofty? It seems to have a somewhat similar tuning? Even the design is the same, with the same capsule, but different external face and driver technology. The Topguy's also went in a similar direction. I would like to compare if they have raised the sub-bass compared to those.

Sorry, haven't tried the Lofty, nor the Topguy.

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #96,787 of 101,046
After AS24 released with the new gen Bellsings,
I was wondering when the middle child will comes out, This may be AS16 but with the new gen Bellsing BAs drivers.
I wonder how they will tuned this thing? whether this will also have impedance issue like As16pro.

but yeah, released waay to close to Symphony. packed release schedule...
Hell EDX Pro X got released and it got virtually no advert and few who get it somehow loved it.
and they somehow choose to advertise the cheaper EDX lite that is not that well liked.

i ask around about symphony, apparently its great with classical and instrumental,
but as expected not so great with heavy rock that require thick male vocals,
still waiting for full review of that hybrid
I just posted a review for the Symphony here... a LOT of bass but overall they sound amazing. I also got the EDX PRO X because hey, $11, but I think I like the old EDX better. The new ones sound more "reference" style and are more balanced, if a bit boring.

Mar 10, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #96,788 of 101,046
Whatever comes out of those music app would be resampled by Android to 48kHz (or 44kHz?) if you listen via the built-in DAC. I think HiBy App can overcome this and output hi-res lossless, but YouTube and others would be resampled.
One of the few customizations Hiby did to the M300 otherwise standard Android is that it resamples system-wide to 24bit/192kHz. It applies to every music app that uses the default Android audio: YouTube, Spotify, Hiby Music…

Mar 10, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #96,789 of 101,046
Lofty is tuned similar but its not as technical or as refined as the Himalaya. Topguy imo was a bit too warm sounding and lacked technicalities with a rolled off treble. Had the most bass presence due to the lack of trebles but none of that applies to the Himalaya. Himalaya imo is the best sounding NiceHCK IEM to come out in a long time. Very competitive in the $300ish price bracket.

I got word early 300 pieces sold out in a matter of a bit over a week due to high demand in China. NiceHCK is frantically working in making more to launch for the world audience on their website. They clearly know what they have in the Himalaya. Its a much more refined Lofty in every way and easily one of the very best from the group. Easily worth what they are asking for a set.
DSC01643.JPG

For guys that own the EA1000. These match it in technicalities but sounds more natural in tonal character with a greater density of note. Its lower harmonics are ideal. When you go back n forth from these to the EA1000. Music sounds thinner. Lovely for vocals and instruments alike. They are rather boring looking but that is not necessarily a bad thing. No issue with fitment or build quality. These will be making some waves imo.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #96,790 of 101,046
Lofty is tuned similar but its not as technical or as refined as the Himalaya. Topguy imo was a bit too warm sounding and lacked technicalities with a rolled off treble. Had the most bass presence due to the lack of trebles but none of that applies to the Himalaya. Himalaya imo is the best sounding NiceHCK IEM to come out in a long time. Very competitive in the $300ish price bracket.

I got word early 300 pieces sold out in a matter of a bit over a week due to high demand in China. NiceHCK is frantically working in making more to launch for the world audience on their website. They clearly know what they have in the Himalaya. Its a much more refined Lofty in every way and easily one of the very best from the group. Easily worth what they are asking for a set.
DSC01643.JPG

For guys that own the EA1000. These match it in technicalities but sounds more natural in tonal character with a greater density of note. Its lower harmonics are ideal. When you go back n forth from these to the EA1000. Music sounds thinner. Lovely for vocals and instruments alike. They are rather boring looking but that is not necessarily a bad thing. No issue with fitment or build quality. These will be making some waves imo.
Very interested in these the design is right up my street, very refined looking especially with my titanium fetish.

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #96,791 of 101,046
I just posted a review for the Symphony here... a LOT of bass but overall they sound amazing. I also got the EDX PRO X because hey, $11, but I think I like the old EDX better. The new ones sound more "reference" style and are more balanced, if a bit boring.
That's more or less what I am hearing, I have found that the Symphony needs a lot of burn in and the mids and treble do become more present after that. The bass is still a little dominant but I really like them. Review coming soon.

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #96,792 of 101,046

DSC01643.JPG

I liked both the Lofty and the Topguy. What is true is that they both have a secure treble tuning. The EA1000s are more blatant in that respect and I appreciate their technical quality.
If you say the Himalayas are more refined than their siblings and sound fuller than the EA1000 then yes they can be a good contender.
To be honest, I have them on the way, but they don't seem to have moved from their location in a while. I hope they didn't get lost along the way....

NiceHCK Lofty vs NiceHCK Topguy vs Simgot EA1000 Red.png

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #96,794 of 101,046
DSC_0346.jpegqwx.jpeg

Left to right:

$369.00 Sound Rhyme SR7 6 BA + 1 DD Universal IEM
$149.00 Sound Rhyme SR5 4 BA + 1 DD Universal IEM
$299.00 The HiSenior Okavango 6 BA + 1DD Universal IEM
$239.00 The HiSenior Mega5P 4 BA + 1 DD Universal IEM

Doing a few comparisons later today for the SR5. I have only reviewed one other Sound Rhyme IEM, the SR7. Still so far the little $149.00 SR5 is quite the underdog?
Sounding like a way more expensive IEM.
DSC_0429.jpegqs.jpeg

DSC_1049.jpeg1111.jpeg

Here I'm matching the SR5 with the Penon ASOS+ cable, Sony WM1Z with MrWalkman's firmware and Penon Liqueur Ear-Tips. A great set-up, I must say!

DSC_0359.jpegasasa.jpeg

DSC_0352.jpegwow.jpeg
SR5? When's the review of the IE800 and how's the review of the JVC FXT90 coming along? LOL j/k, but not really.

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #96,795 of 101,046
OK, I have an SR 5 breaking in. Do I need a DTE500? With only 48 hours of break in, it sounds nice. Received the Hype 4 today. Will it out do the SR5?
My personal sound signature is a Ibza club during a holiday weekend and I have learned to dance good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back