The discovery thread!
May 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #9,556 of 106,833
Quote:

^ Oh boi, can't wait to hear how that "CORE BASS" one sounds like.
popcorn.gif

May 10, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #9,557 of 106,833
Quote:
^ Oh boi, can't wait to hear how that "CORE BASS" one sounds like.
popcorn.gif

Also interested as well. I know I made the right choice cause the CLR has the amount of bass I want but interested to hear how immersive those wider housings make the sound.
etysmile.gif

May 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #9,560 of 106,833
Quote:
^
beerchug.gif

Hey jants are you gonna give those coolcore v2s a try???

Tempting. I might end up trying them but not right away. Need more impressions. Not sure if they have the right signature/bass amount just yet. Maybe if Mochill says they end up with less bass than the FXZ200:)

May 10, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #9,562 of 106,833
Quote:

Tempting. I might end up trying them but not right away. Need more impressions. Not sure if they have the right signature/bass amount just yet. Maybe if Mochill says they end up with less bass than the FXZ200:)

haha well played, cuz you as well as i know that that ain't ever gonna happen. You might never know who might get on these things.
wink_face.gif

May 10, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #9,564 of 106,833
Quote:
Also interested as well. I know I made the right choice cause the CLR has the amount of bass I want but interested to hear how immersive those wider housings make the sound.
etysmile.gif

Bigger overall presentation.  Not too much bigger bass. Overall the sound is more immersive. Wider, deeper stage..Think a much more musical version of the CLR100. Very similar detail level. Notes are much more thicker and smoother..Music has much more weight to it.

I want to say the mids are more present in the COR150 over the CLR100. Obviously the bass will be bigger but not over whelming..These sound better than most of the older CKS earphones., I am gonna have to do a head to head against my CKS77..Unbelievable how good these sound for how cheap..

Let me burn them in for a few hours and will listen to them here to gather some more thoughts on them. These sound like they are on another level over the older cheapo bass stuff easily. These don't quite reach the DX210 level but these have many similar traits of the much more expensive DX210 for 1/4th the cost?

May 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #9,565 of 106,833
With burn in the CLR detail came out, some nice layering on the low end, treble smooths but not too much to lose sparkle. Mids came up a bit as well. More the "in your face" and intimate one of the two but I like the signature better than the CKN70 and after the bass tightened and sped up I might actually say I like the CLR bass for being more musical over the CKN. Of course I don't jam them in a ways but a comfy, slightly more shallow fit with the CLR. Very comfy as well. Just a couple of sweet pair of budget phones! Again, kudos to AT for great value! 

May 10, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #9,567 of 106,833
Right they complement each other in many ways. I have the CKP200 already, which is over the ear, the 8.5mm driver and the bigger open/immersive sound so I only went for the CLR100 myself but people can buy both. 

May 10, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #9,568 of 106,833
The WS99 is $150 now out of Japan! But I reeled myself back in. I'm going to wait and buy the SZ2000 in a couple of weeks. For now, the AS-2, H-200, V6, and CKS1000 will take up my listening time (with a sprinkling of A900x). IF I can sell some things off then I may think about adding some things. Happy listening!

May 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #9,569 of 106,833
Quote:
Ya The CLR is surprising as well.. I think AT did a nice job with both these earphones. Both of them are so cheap. Might as well get both.

Dang! I was going to load up my tenso order with them, but they are not sold on amazon.jp! The cheapest I can find them is here on ebay.ca (I can't use ebay.com) is for $19.63 + $10.60 shipping for a total of $30.23 (those are the blue ones - the black ones are more). Oh well!

May 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #9,570 of 106,833
Quote:

I will end up taking one for the team, but I believe in mochill, will provide my own impressions with it along witht he carbo comparison when I buy it. I am sad that my fxz100s are half-dead so I can't provide good impressions on those, I need to repurchase it since a cable broke, but all is good I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back