The discovery thread!
May 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #9,511 of 106,834
Quote:
^ wait the ASG 2s are custom iems right, your "universal" term got me confused a bit.

you ain't done yet, still need those FXZ200s back in your collection.
biggrin.gif

ASG-2 is universal

AS-2 (which I own now) is a custom 

May 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #9,512 of 106,834
And I still have the FXZ100. That's cool with me too. 
beerchug.gif

May 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #9,513 of 106,834
Quote:
ASG-2 is universal

LoL, i thought you just mis-typed it tbh. Are they made by the same company??? I thought those ASG-2 were customs as well, cuz they sure look like it.
blink.gif

Linky to those AS-2 please.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
And I still have the FXZ100. That's cool with me too. 
beerchug.gif

^ Pissssh those 100s don't cut the cheese. : P

May 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #9,514 of 106,834
Quote:
LoL, i thought you just mis-typed it tbh. Are they made by the same company??? I thought those ASG-2 were customs as well, cuz they sure look like it.
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

Aurisonics did like a gazillion scans of the shape of the human ear and came with that generic shape that fits like 90 percent of people, but the ASG-2 is a universal. I think that link I put on waynes world post has the ASG-2 and the AS-2. I'll look for another link.

May 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #9,515 of 106,834
Quote:
ASG-2 is universal

So eric, are you getting the ASG-2 as well?

Btw, the aurisonics link that you provided doesn't have the ASG-2 listed:
http://aurisonics.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23

I did find them at this link though for *cough* *cough* $598.00:
http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/headphones/aurisonics-asg-2/

May 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #9,516 of 106,834
You forgot to add shipping to the *cough* *cough*

Siriously, for those of us who own the earlier version of their universals, there may be a trade in program that would drop the price some.

Hopefully it will reduce it by a *cough* or two.  
etysmile.gif

May 10, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #9,517 of 106,834
Quote:

I'm tempted to be sure. The problem is that I am completely satisfied with the cks1000's (and the other members of the ath trifecta). I do want a great set of "use and abuse when out and about" iems, which is why the $65 ($45+$20 tenso) Carbo Basso's are so tempting. The v2's are tempting as well, except that they are $100 and more than I was wanting to spend. Hmm!

Mochill, the V2's look very cool and very well built! Detachable cable to boot! But I am more of a carbon fibre kind of a guy, so I just ordered the Carbo Basso's
smile.gif

Seriously, I ordered them because they are cheap, and because I am pretty confident that they have a similar sig to the 1K's, so they were a safe bet.

I'm sure that the V2's are awesome though, so please keep the impressions coming! And I'm sure that I'll have more moments of weakness in my future, so who knows what might happen
smile.gif

May 10, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #9,518 of 106,834
May 10, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #9,519 of 106,834
^ Damn! I wonder if I can cancel my order and get those cheapies instead? LOL!

May 10, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #9,521 of 106,834
Quote:
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

Now ! now !   ....there you go again !
deadhorse.gif

I can understand why Eric prefers these fxz100,    ...just like the S500 and S400, some prefers more bass while other prefers more mids !

I would say my fxz100 are more 'balanced' compared to the fxz200, ...which I prefer more depends pretty much on what genre of music I'm listening to.

Don't diss it if you ain't 'tas it !
tongue.gif

May 10, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #9,522 of 106,834
Quote:
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

Now ! now !   ....there you go again !
deadhorse.gif

I can understand why Eric prefers these fxz100,    ...just like the S500 and S400, some prefers more bass while other prefers more mids !

I would say my fxz100 are more 'balanced' compared to the fxz200, ...which I prefer more depends pretty much on what genre of music I'm listening to.

Don't diss it if you ain't 'tas it !
tongue.gif

...is what I'm saying.

May 10, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #9,523 of 106,834
Quote:

Mochill, the V2's look very cool and very well built! Detachable cable to boot! But I am more of a carbon fibre kind of a guy, so I just ordered the Carbo Basso's
smile.gif

Seriously, I ordered them because they are cheap, and because I am pretty confident that they have a similar sig to the 1K's, so they were a safe bet.

I'm sure that the V2's are awesome though, so please keep the impressions coming! And I'm sure that I'll have more moments of weakness in my future, so who knows what might happen
smile.gif

Haha, you finally pulled the trigger on the Basso's?

I was so close to ordering the corecool v2s yesterday, ended up buying the Brainwavz HM5s instead though 
size]

May 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #9,525 of 106,834
Quote:

So eric, are you getting the ASG-2 as well?

Btw, the aurisonics link that you provided doesn't have the ASG-2 listed:
http://aurisonics.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23

I did find them at this link though for *cough* *cough* $598.00:
http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/headphones/aurisonics-asg-2/

the ASG-2 can caost that much because the faceplate and shells can be pimped out with rhodium, black chrome, or even 24-K gold. Depends on what you want on them. And there are some other features coming that will make them even more tunable to the listener's liking. Well, they do have a tunable bass port. I forgot about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back