The discovery thread!
Dec 18, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #91,321 of 106,749
For those people keep enquiring me on sending PM many times at almost daily basis on how does the EPZ Q5 compares to Simgot EW200. Your wish is finally granted. Check out my review later and the comparisons between two sets.

20231218_152853.jpg

Dec 18, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #91,322 of 106,749
5DED632F-10B9-4D45-9E56-474BE73F1F51.png
E142C421-A77A-4648-A57A-7F931C16D77A.png
5EA20034-5E0A-4151-98EB-E05560F77F21.jpeg
C9D58D68-A5E6-44AE-B254-A81CF197D18C.jpeg
0A65F0F5-1FD0-4FA1-A526-178BE98BF951.jpeg
D8779EE1-F4D7-48D5-9AAF-7E39E3E73886.jpeg

REECHO SG-01 DAWN 10mm 52N Dual-Cavity High Magnetic Nano Diaphragm Dynamic 2Pin 0.78mm HiFi Earphone

Description

Dual-cavity high magnetic circuit copper gold-plated driver
Innovative second-generation self-developed deposited carbon diaphragm
Ultra-flagship ultra-high purity OCC cable
All-metal acoustic cavity
Ergonomic design
Hand-painted art panel
Music styles All-around King
HIFI ultra-flagship earphones

The second generation of carbon Nano-diaphragm driver was deposited to optimize the vibration amplitude and enhance the three-frequency performance and resolution power

Ergonomic design, hearing aid medical database eardrum data support, more in line with ear canal wear design, standard with super flagship ultra-high purity OCC cable, help Dawn to obtain more excellent sound performance, dual cavity high magnetic circuit copper gold-plated driver, excellent acoustic structure design, SG series product integration, two-color optional, craftsman drawing, national style art presentation, high sensitivity is easy to drive design, enjoy high sound quality music anytime and anywhere.

SG is the pinnacle of driver technology
Dawn is based on a new generation of rare earth permanent magnet materials, equipped with the core technology developed by Reecho Acoustics for many years, innovative second-generation self-developed deposited carbon diaphragm, CCAW large black high-performance voice coil, dual-cavity high magnetic circuit copper gold-plated driver, carefully adjusted by acoustic engineers, bringing more full energy exchange efficiency and higher amplitude, so as to better reproduce high-quality music.

Flagship art hand painted all-metal cavity
Using the driver technology of the 2023 limited edition flagship SG 07, and the "Spring" series of hand-painted art of Spring 2023, Dawn is the original intention of high-quality artistic visual and auditory experience.

Super flagship cable
Standard with ultra-flagship ultra-high purity OCC cable, high-specification accessories bring more sound details, more music dynamic presentation, to show high-quality listening experience for Dawn. Not only has the flagship acoustic performance, but also have excellent moisture resistance and tensile resistance.

Specification
Model: Dawn
Driver: 10mm 52N dual-cavity high magnetic circuit deposited carbon Nano diaphragm dynamic
Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
Impedance: 34Ω
Sensitivity: 107±1dB
THD: ˂2%@1kHz
Cable: 148 cores OCC silver-plated cable
Cable length: 1.2m
Connector:2pin 0.78mm
Plug: 3.5mm audio

Package
Reecho Dawn
9 pairs of silicone eartips
OCC silver-plated cable
Storage box

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #91,323 of 106,749
Some of my recommendations, not the best, but they are unique on the tuning:

ACOUSTUNE. (most of them but specially 1655cu) or Whizzer HE03D if you want quality/quantity on midbass. OKAVANGO could suit here as well.

TRI STARLIGHT. If you want a tribird with tons of treble. Ej07 sidegrade.

DUNU ZEN PRO. Best DD Ive tried. Under neutral on bass, with nice uppermids / treble db.

TIN HIFI P1 OG. How much treble you want? Yes

Fiio FA7s. Like @o0genesis0o said, I love this iem, the only BA I think is better than this one it's the 12t. Eqd like a CAMPFIRE. FH9 is another FiiO with nice harmonics.

VARIATION. Not special, but u could eq'd to whatever you want. Its the trending tuning with a little more bass than latest THIEAUDIO launchs.

MARGARITA. cheap MEST MK2. Warm, perfection on presentation.

RAPTGO HOOK OG. The planar. The bass.

ISN H40. Musical, trully unique graph. Relaxed on treble.

IVIPQ V12. My best of 2023. The frequency response dont make them justice.

That could be a nice representation of multiple graphs and tuning.

I've got all of them ln my collection (except the acoustune) so feel free to ask.

Juzear 41t or FH5 could be another style of tuning not represented here, with similarities on the bass tuning likethe ADVAR.

LEGATO, BELIEVE, KARA, TEA, NA2...
Could you please tell me more about the v12?
I am interested but heard that they can be a tad spicy in the treble.
Seems like a great price to performance ratio though.

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #91,324 of 106,749
It has always been beneficial to hear what iems sound close to each other. That has always helped me avoid duplication. If any of you who have heard a lot of iems or review would like to categorize iems in to similar if not identical types of sound I would love that. The iems don't have to be identical but sound close enough across price brackets to allow us to be selective. You could put it in price brackets, such as under $50, under $100, under $150 and so on. As I said, instead of grouping iems by value or how they are configured, group more so to how similar they sound to each other.
I got you, bro. That’s literally my upgrade path matrix

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #91,325 of 106,749
Could you please tell me more about the v12?
I am interested but heard that they can be a tad spicy in the treble.
Seems like a great price to performance ratio though.
Ive got a review here.

I dont feel them "spicy" on the treble. Im gonna crazy and say... I feel them more contained on treble than u12t, and thats a lot to say about it.
Also, with the gain on the bass it got, treble dont feel over extended.

You could get for less than 150€ without cable from IVIPQ Store... I dont try anything better this year (taking margarita out for price range)

I ask them to make one customized, but right now, they dont have that service.

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #91,326 of 106,749
Flare Audio Pro 2HD

This one is actually pretty darn good. Mild W with a nice mix of technicalities, musicality, and analog richness. Also pretty spacious, but it is essentially open-back. When this came out Flare claimed it was the "best sound ever heard in any earphone at any pricepoint." I mean, it isn't. But still, pretty great. Too bad it was held back by questionable design decisions like a cable that detaches at the y-split rather than at the body of the IEMs, and a bluetooth receiver that was using outdated tech before it was even released. Also, the naming scheme isn't the best...still though, punching above its weight. It came in some of the coolest packaging too - I keep it's box around for storing random things just for that reason.
(box pic is not mine, just being lazy)

Attachments

• 20231218_113235.jpg
    20231218_113235.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-12-18 120254.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-18 120254.png
    542.9 KB · Views: 0
Dec 18, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #91,327 of 106,749
Flare Audio Pro 2HD

This one is actually pretty darn good. Mild W with a nice mix of technicalities, musicality, and analog richness. Also pretty spacious, but it is essentially open-back. When this came out Flare claimed it was the "best sound ever heard in any earphone at any pricepoint." I mean, it isn't. But still, pretty great. Too bad it was held back by questionable design decisions like a cable that detaches at the y-split rather than at the body of the IEMs, and a bluetooth receiver that was using outdated tech before it was even released. Also, the naming scheme isn't the best...still though, punching above its weight. It came in some of the coolest packaging too - I keep it's box around for storing random things just for that reason.
(box pic is not mine, just being lazy)
And a bullet iem!

Dec 18, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #91,328 of 106,749
I've had the Sennheiser IE 900 for 2 years - the first pair lasted me almost that long, until the right driver died in August. Sennheiser sent me a new pair as I was still under warranty, and that driver just died last week - not even 4 months of use. Sennheiser is going to replace them again, so I have no complaints about my experience with them (other than the possibly bad QC/build over there). ANYWAYS - long story short, I was in the market for something new. The Senns are just going to make me nervous now.

I decided to shoot my shot on the Campfire Andromeda Emerald Sea, and I have to say - I am in love. I relish every chance I get to put these things in my ears!

I am not knowledgeable enough to really speak in technical terms, but these sound like a dream - literally. Warm and lush, expansive - incredible separation. I was worried about them being muddy and not having any top sparkle, but thankfully that isn't the case at all. These things shine on the top in all the right places - to me at least.

I've rolled a few sets of tips on them - Symbio W peels, AET07 - but I find these sound the best for me with the large stock silicone tips.

I am finding them to be truly exquisite!

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #91,329 of 106,749
I've had the Sennheiser IE 900 for 2 years - the first pair lasted me almost that long, until the right driver died in August. Sennheiser sent me a new pair as I was still under warranty, and that driver just died last week - not even 4 months of use. Sennheiser is going to replace them again, so I have no complaints about my experience with them (other than the possibly bad QC/build over there). ANYWAYS - long story short, I was in the market for something new. The Senns are just going to make me nervous now.

I decided to shoot my shot on the Campfire Andromeda Emerald Sea, and I have to say - I am in love. I relish every chance I get to put these things in my ears!

I am not knowledgeable enough to really speak in technical terms, but these sound like a dream - literally. Warm and lush, expansive - incredible separation. I was worried about them being muddy and not having any top sparkle, but thankfully that isn't the case at all. These things shine on the top in all the right places - to me at least.

I've rolled a few sets of tips on them - Symbio W peels, AET07 - but I find these sound the best for me with the large stock silicone tips.

Sennheiser is part of the reason I am even in these forums, I love my HD660S but everything I have heard about their IEM QC makes me sad. I hope they do better in the future, but at least they are being helpful trying to make it right.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new gear so much!

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #91,330 of 106,749
Ive got a review here.

I dont feel them "spicy" on the treble. Im gonna crazy and say... I feel them more contained on treble than u12t, and thats a lot to say about it.
Also, with the gain on the bass it got, treble dont feel over extended.

You could get for less than 150€ without cable from IVIPQ Store... I dont try anything better this year (taking margarita out for price range)

I ask them to make one customized, but right now, they dont have that service.
I have always wanted u12t, but they are out of my price range. Would you say these are light u12t?

Dec 18, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #91,331 of 106,749
Tago Studio T3-02 in da house! Those single DDs excel in the mids department, especially with vocals.
The bass will require some 🔥-in to tighten a bit. The uppermids are not overpowered and the peak at 8K brings the right spice! Special and refreshing tuning. The built quality is top notch, even if the stock cable is outdated and too thin, while the stock tips are too specific and make an aftermarket solution a must. Overall, after just 2 hours of continuous listening, I can praise Tago Studio for this pair of solid and great sounding IEMs.

IMG_6237.jpeg

04515A94-6913-406F-B150-83DB6A12592D.jpeg

2c51f7c9-3c92-41a7-9999-d65fa3642c5a.jpeg

Dec 18, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #91,332 of 106,749

I also love these, which means both of us are a minority in this community regarding this IEM. I had good seal with the stock medium silicone tips.

I hate to use the phrase, but there is something “soulful” about the muddy thick warm way they deliver vocals. My logical brain screams at the lack of target adherence, but the other side of the brain is too busy enjoying.

Interestingly, I found the resolution to be better than the 2020 despite having less treble peakiness.

AUD $2600 retail is too stiff, coming from AUD$1600 of the 2020 version though. I’m keeping my 2020 version and wait for something more interesting instead.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #91,333 of 106,749
IMG_6013.jpeg
50 dollar range showdown… who will come out on top?

Dec 18, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #91,334 of 106,749
I have always wanted u12t, but they are out of my price range. Would you say these are light u12t?
Nop. They are not.

U12t could be the pinacle of treble tuning, also is thr best BA low frequencies ever. Still surprises me how deep it can go.

V12 its a different animal, just saying the treble is contained, natural and not harsh or metallic at all.

Dec 18, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #91,335 of 106,749
I also love these, which means both of us are a minority in this community regarding this IEM. I had good seal with the stock medium silicone tips.

I hate to use the phrase, but there is something “soulful” about the muddy thick warm way they deliver vocals. My logical brain screams at the lack of target adherence, but the other side of the brain is too busy enjoying.

Interestingly, I found the resolution to be better than the 2020 despite having less treble peakiness.

AUD $2600 retail is too stiff, coming from AUD$1600 of the 2020 version though. I’m keeping my 2020 version and wait for something more interesting instead.
Prices go brrrrr!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back