The discovery thread!
Dec 12, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #91,066 of 103,939
Late (or too slow) in the hype train of Simgot EA1000?....i mean, it make a month I have them....and now it's evident the hype is high about those, and I confirm it's well deserve for technical performance, when it come to tonality, this is something more personal and i'm very capricious with my female vocal, which i found similar to EA500 and EW200 with those, so in that regad it dont charm my ears.
All the rest did tough, beginng with insane bass perfomance and quality we got, no1 highlight, then it's treble control and speed, and pristine resolution.

Pros:
-excellent resolution unexpected at this price range
-lively and cohesive bright near analytical tuning
-among best Harman target IEM i've heard
-fast vibrant flexible punch and rumbly bass
-among best bass performance under 500$
-crisp clean and sparkly treble
-fast and controlled attack
-transparent and open mid range
-fowards female vocal
-lot of micro details
-excellent percussions rendering
-new ''single'' DD benchmark
-excellent craftmanship
-good cable
-good sound value

Cons:
-not for those sensitive to upper mids
-timbre is on the bright side
-not thickest or lushest mids
-not for romantic vocal lover
-back plate could be different than EA2000
-bass fi doesn't mean it's for basshead

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-ea1000-fermat-in-ear-monitor.26790/reviews#review-32404

1702389483432.png

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #91,067 of 103,939
20231212_192942.jpg

I think Campfire Audio has learned some lessons and this definitely is one of their better creations. No modular cable but one dose get both 3.5mm and 4.4mm cables and the tuning is very good.
It's a mix of the OG Solaris and Solaris 2020.
Hopefully this will open up a bit more. Mids are slightly thin, I expect a bit more body or slightly less finishing energy after around 100hrs. Fingers crossed.

Dec 12, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #91,068 of 103,939
Hmm, there are headphones, as you know, Neumann NDH30 or 20 models, but in my country, they would be very unpopular in certain circles while in others they would be very much praised.
It's related to the "seig heil" you wrote. :)

Cheers!
I hope I did not cause any offence, I was continuing the theme of inappropriate naming of products.

Dec 12, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #91,069 of 103,939
Probably says more about me than them -but the picture they use just makes me think about weed...
Grateful I am not the only one who thought this lol… and now that I am thinking about it, I’m kind of shocked it isn’t a common aesthetic in this hobby already!

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #91,070 of 103,939
Late (or too slow) in the hype train of Simgot EA1000?....i mean, it make a month I have them....and now it's evident the hype is high about those, and I confirm it's well deserve for technical performance, when it come to tonality, this is something more personal and i'm very capricious with my female vocal, which i found similar to EA500 and EW200 with those, so in that regad it dont charm my ears.
All the rest did tough, beginng with insane bass perfomance and quality we got, no1 highlight, then it's treble control and speed, and pristine resolution.

Pros:
-fowards female vocal
-lot of micro details
-excellent craftmanship
-good cable
-good sound value

Cons:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-ea1000-fermat-in-ear-monitor.26790/reviews#review-32404

1702389483432.png
I'm giving this one a miss the simgot tuning signature is a little too fatiguing for my tastes. Having the EA500 with the ew200 on the way is enough for me. Unless I come across a cheap used deal just to see what everyone is raving about 😉

Dec 12, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #91,071 of 103,939
I'm giving this one a miss the simgot tuning signature is a little too fatiguing for my tastes. Having the EA500 with the ew200 on the way is enough for me. Unless I come across a cheap used deal just to see what everyone is raving about 😉
I thought hard about the EA1000 but went with the Wind. I am giving serious consideration to the Timsok iem. Treble doesn't bother me as much as many. But I need an iem to handle complex music that has a lot going on. The Mest Mark 2 is such an iem.

Dec 12, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #91,072 of 103,939
Dec 12, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #91,073 of 103,939
Just saw in the chifi love Facebook page EA500 LM could mean Lithium magnesium alloy similar to starfield. So it's not what I was thinking. Many reviewers giving Pre release input for this particular IEM.
"its not an official collab at all, we can say its more beta tester task....then, Simgot will do wtv they want with tuning suggestion."

Dec 12, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #91,074 of 103,939
Well this has been a rollercoaster of a week. Started off buying the Kiwi Ears Melody’s, then tempted by the Truthear Zero: Red’s so they arrived yesterday. I also had an eBay alert on for any Ikko OH10’s that were listed and I managed to get a brand new set this morning for £130.

I’m hoping that’s it now. I think the OH10 and Hype 2 have a similar sound and the difference between £130 and £280 for the Hype 2’s SHOULD mean the OH10’s will be my endgame and I’ll finally be happy….

I know, I know. I’ll probably have another set by the weekend, but I’m trying and hopeful that this will be it! 😁

Dec 12, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #91,075 of 103,939
Well this has been a rollercoaster of a week. Started off buying the Kiwi Ears Melody’s, then tempted by the Truthear Zero: Red’s so they arrived yesterday. I also had an eBay alert on for any Ikko OH10’s that were listed and I managed to get a brand new set this morning for £130.

I’m hoping that’s it now. I think the OH10 and Hype 2 have a similar sound and the difference between £130 and £280 for the Hype 2’s SHOULD mean the OH10’s will be my endgame and I’ll finally be happy….

I know, I know. I’ll probably have another set by the weekend, but I’m trying and hopeful that this will be it! 😁
Yep to me the OH10 sound really similar to the Hype2
To the point that I have to A/B to try find differences

Got first the OH10 brand new for 126£ off Amazon last year. Aside from the cable, which is quite horrible, they easily feel like a 200+ set

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #91,077 of 103,939

Pros:
-fowards female vocal
-lot of micro details
-excellent craftmanship
-good cable
-good sound value

Cons:

When you say "excellent resolution" and "lots of micro details" is there a specific song that really highlights this, and makes it obvious that the EA1000 is superior in this sense to some lower priced IEMs?

Whenever I compare IEMs, as long as both are decent, I can tell they sound different, but can't really pinpoint the reason that one is higher quality and/or higher priced.
For example, EA1000 vs Tin HiFi T3 Plus. Is there a song that makes it obvious that the EA1000 has better resolution & micro details?

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #91,078 of 103,939
Dec 12, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #91,079 of 103,939
20231212_192942.jpg

I think Campfire Audio has learned some lessons and this definitely is one of their better creations. No modular cable but one dose get both 3.5mm and 4.4mm cables and the tuning is very good.
It's a mix of the OG Solaris and Solaris 2020.
Hopefully this will open up a bit more. Mids are slightly thin, I expect a bit more body or slightly less finishing energy after around 100hrs. Fingers crossed.
that looks nice...

Dec 12, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #91,080 of 103,939
I found these listed in my AE feed today.

Pula PA01
IMG_3193.jpeg

These arrived today, and look every bit as gorgeous as I hoped. Initially the sound was a little dark and muddy until I found the right tips and cable. For me that was Spring tips & NickHCK SuperBlue cable, but it isn’t hard to improve on the stock setup. They might still change over the early hours of playback - I’ll edit this post if they do.

With the right setup the sound is decent, warm and with a nice timbre. It doesn’t do badly against other modern sets, but I’d not recommend it over the XSL X-One, Juzear Clear, and other top tier recent releases. Unless you are a sucker for a pretty IEM. Like me.

IMG_3196.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back