The discovery thread!
Apr 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #8,926 of 100,440
I have the KSC75's, the Uptowns (but have heard the Downtowns) and the S500, so I find your above list to be, um, interesting. What is it again that you don't like about the S500's?

He is just a hater, nuff said, he doesn't even own nor has never hear them. My deduction from that god awful preference list is that the dood is a bass sissy or just AN EXTREME NOOB. Doesn't like anything with great amount of quality bass, hence why he tossed those MH1Cs due to sissy self can't handle it, not cuz of the 'supposed' real reason. :p

You wanna confirm how much these S500s suck??? C'mon dood prove me wrong, you know what's up with those es7. It's meant to be don't be a bass sissy!!! :D

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #8,927 of 100,440
Quote:

Then you would be a fool, there are no fake mh1's that exist in the world.

love the army of noobs ClieOS has amassed.  It's always like "look at the chart; its only a 8.6!"

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #8,928 of 100,440
Quote:

I have the KSC75's, the Uptowns (but have heard the Downtowns) and the S500, so I find your above list to be, um, interesting. What is it again that you don't like about the S500's?

Just some friendly banter between a s500 supporter and one for the s400.  
Quote:
He is just a hater, nuff said, he doesn't even own nor has never hear them. My deduction from that god awful preference list is that the dood is a bass sissy or just AN EXTREME NOOB. Doesn't like anything with great amount of quality bass, hence why he tossed those MH1Cs due to sissy self can't handle it, not cuz of the 'supposed' real reason.
tongue.gif

You wanna confirm how much these S500s suck??? C'mon dood prove me wrong, you know what's up with those es7. It's meant to be don't be a bass sissy!!!
biggrin.gif

MH1's were garbage so they went were they fitted...in the rubbish bin.  I think a recabled Monoprice xxxx is better than those horrid MH1's even with days worth of burn in.  

Maybe if you had recabled your S500's I might consider a trade; but you believe in that voodoo "burn in".  
rolleyes.gif
 but why would I want to downgrade to the s500 from the S400?  

Never know you might get lucky with my super crazy liquidation inventory clearout.  Believers in "burn in" will have an extra charge of 50% of the asking price.

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #8,929 of 100,440
Quote:

Ahh, you're just trolling. That puts just about everything you are saying in perspective then! Thanks.

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #8,930 of 100,440

MH1's were garbage so they went were they fitted...in the rubbish bin.  I think a recabled Monoprice xxxx is better than those horrid MH1's even with days worth of burn in.  

Maybe if you had recabled your S500's I might consider a trade; but you believe in that voodoo "burn in".  
rolleyes.gif

but why would I want to downgrade to the s500 from the S400?  

Never know you might get lucky with my super crazy liquidation inventory clearout.  Believers in "burn in" will have an extra charge of 50% of the asking price.

LoL this guy, don't know what to make of you sometimes. You're too much meng and I thought I was a troll. Ahahahaha

Hook a brother up meng, don't let good stuff go to waste like those MH1Cs you tossed, my heart is in pain every time you mentions what you did to those poor innocent things. Sigh... :rolleyes: People these days just don't appreciate good thangs.

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #8,933 of 100,440
Quote:
Perhaps you guys should take your bickering to PM. This thread is becoming awkward.

EDIT: Oh, this is friendly? Okay. Completely didn't get that. I dunno, I got serious passive aggression vibes there.

Not much new gear has been released as of late.  So just some quips about each others gear.

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #8,934 of 100,440
Perhaps you guys should take your bickering to PM. This thread is becoming awkward.

EDIT: Oh, this is friendly? Okay. Completely didn't get that. I dunno, I got serious passive aggression vibes there.

PM beef is no fun, you gotta air out your dirty laundry out in the open baby diapers and all. LMAO

Yeah we are just trolling but also in a serious manner. :D

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #8,935 of 100,440
Quote:

Ahh, you're just trolling. That puts just about everything you are saying in perspective then! Thanks.

Trolling?  what's that?  No clue what that is.  

but in all seriousness, I haven't tried the s500.  I do have the s400 and i find the bass to be more my speed.  Then again I don't listen to a lot of top 40 or club music.....so I don't require bass like I have two 15" subs taped to my ears unlike some people 
basshead.gif

AS for portables; I got the s400, es7 and downtowns just to fill that void in my collection to round it off.  Maybe get a esw9, es10, momentum or mdr-1r to cap the portables off.  

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #8,936 of 100,440
Quote:
PM beef is no fun, you gotta air out your dirty laundry out in the open baby diapers and all. LMAO

Yeah we are just trolling but also in a serious manner.
biggrin.gif

like the one the mh1's are on.  Well my god daughter did a one or two on top just for good measure.

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #8,938 of 100,440
yesterday i got the new philips shl3300 and i am not sure yet, but maybe i found a succesor to my s500. these are just awesome. deep soundstage, very good detail and as fast as cnt. man and that bass digs deep. its not bloated at all, but sub bass is rattling my bones. i tested a lot 300 $ phones, and until no i would say, these cheapo philips blow them out of the water. they fold up nicely and although the cups are large in diamater these are on ear, but with new breathable pads, that are super comfortable even in the sun and do a strong job on isolation. definetly keepers. everyone should test them!
http://www.philips-shop.co.uk/store/catalog/headphones/ear-bud/dj-monitor-style-black/productdetail/SHL3300_00_GB_SHOPPUB/GB/en

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #8,939 of 100,440
Quote:
Trolling?  what's that?  No clue what that is. 

Well, an example of trolling is saying something that many people would consider blatantly wrong or outlandish and presenting it as though you are serious. Another example is including headphones in a ranked list (outlandish or otherwise) that you haven't even heard before, and presenting it as though you have heard them.

Here's one definition of trolling that I like:
Quote:
Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness. However, trolling statements are never true or are ever meant to be construed as such. Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people, so it does have some social/entertainment value.

And, we all have to be careful of feeding the trolls (me especially, since I'm doing some feeding right now lol!):
Quote:
Just as bad as trolling is "Feeding the Trolls". This is when people say stuff that they know will prompt someone to respond with a trolled reply and/or replying to comments that are blatantly from a troll. This is especially true when a troll first makes his comment/reply, and (usually many) people respond, either trying to correct the troll, or express anger at the statement. At that point, the trolling was successful and has been fed. When encouraged by success and feeding, trolls often return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back