The discovery thread!
Apr 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #8,911 of 100,718
Quote:
New JVC headphones? I am game! Those SZ2000s are mine. Anybody know when those bad boys gonna be out?

Your presence has been eagerly anticipated lol:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/661129/jvc-new-products-ha-sz2000-1000#post_9379881

I think they are due out in May.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #8,912 of 100,718
Well It has been a while but I actually have something on order but I just read up on these new JVCs. I might not be the first to get them but I have to try them out. Might snap them up used or wait a bit to see if prices goes down. In any case they look real interesting. I am sure there will be plenty of hype on them to read about when they come out.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #8,914 of 100,718
Quote:
Well It has been a while but I actually have something on order but I just read up on these new JVCs. I might not be the first to get them but I have to try them out. Might snap them up used or wait a bit to see if prices goes down. In any case they look real interesting. I am sure there will be plenty of hype on them to read about when they come out.

Yeah, judging by the over 6 pages of pre-release hype within 24 hours, I think you'll have something to read lol!

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #8,915 of 100,718
Quote:

^ Damn it Ds just go back to your books, nothing to see here, just MOVE ALONG FOLKS!!!

I don't think i can stand Ds hype, nope i am not getting these whatsoever!!!

(seems to be a theme with you sf lol! )

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #8,916 of 100,718
Quote:

(seems to be a theme with you sf lol! )

^ pisssssssh i don't need those gigantic head weights JVC call headphone, i got my light and portable WS99s. THOSE ARE USELESS TO ME!!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #8,917 of 100,718
Quote:
^ burn-in does not work for/ with ALL gears due to the differences of materials/ different techs used. But CNT materials for sure improves with more burn-in due to it's stiff physical nature. And have you re-listened to that 1st pair of MH1Cs you said was junk and see how they sound now??? C'mon man, at least report back with some more impressions, instead this fool toss them into the trash. LMAO.  What a scientific way to handle things, c'mon mr. science guy.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oh a scientist can be as irrational as the next guy.  

nope...tossed them also.  Some iem guy got on my nerves so I refuse to own a pair of iems he's biased for.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #8,918 of 100,718
Quote:

Oh a scientist can be as irrational as the next guy.  

nope...tossed them also.  Some iem guy got on my nerves so I refuse to own a pair of iems he's biased for.

^ This guy, so hot headed and irrational. What a waste, could have just hooked me up meng, i would have even bought them off of ya' for cheap, sigh. Oh well, guess it is a lost cause now.

Did i tell you that guy also owns the S400s???
wink_face.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #8,919 of 100,718
Quote:

^ This guy, so hot headed and irrational. What a waste, could have just hooked me up meng, i would have even bought them off of ya' for cheap, sigh. Oh well, guess it is a lost cause now.

wink_face.gif

..........damn......

I sort of want to keep buying mh1's and tearing them apart just to find a fake pair

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #8,920 of 100,718
Quote:

..........damn......

I sort of want to keep buying mh1's and tearing them apart just to find a fake pair

LMAO, the problem is you don't even know how the real one sounds like, so how would you know.
tongue.gif

GREAT PLAN MENG, just send all the real ones to me then until you find that fake one, this guy.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #8,921 of 100,718
Quote:
How many hours you got on them now? I got just over 200 on mine. Just under 100 to go, woo hoo!
biggrin.gif

Probably around 200. I haven't been keeping track, but that sounds about right. I think they need 500-600 hours for completion. I can't believe how stiff these drivers are.

Impressions:
So far the vocals are starting to move forward (thank GOD!!); they were pretty recessed before. Also the sound has smoothed out a lot, but it still kind of harsh. I'm waiting for the bass to fill out because it still has sort of a clicky sound, but it hasn't changed too much yet. The instrument separation has improved and the cymbals sound WAY clearer than before. In the beginning they kind of sounded like static similar to the HA-FX1Xs.

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #8,922 of 100,718
Quote:
^ Poor things.
triportsad.gif
 LMAO if you can send them i will take them. haha

Meng, those S400s are nice but you have no idea what you're missing without trying the S500s. I keep telling you, they are the **** but you think i am too noob to know what's up. Oh well...... it's your loss.

edit: oh btw someone has already did what you are planning to do, and looked what happened to him. Dat ether got served!!!

Quote:

wink_face.gif

Brwaak ! brwaak !    ...surface ! surface !   ...target sighted !

Short news break !   ...Been spending alot of time playing around with my new Fiio E12 amp.
Of all the gears I have tried, plugged into the E12, guess which completely blew my mind ?
Forget S500, heck ! you can even forget WS99,   ...Sansa Clip Zip playing wav file thru the E12 and JVC S400 !!!   never in my life did I expected them to sound like they do with with this budget amp !

Incoming !    ...brwaak ! brwaaaaak !   ...DIVE ! DIVE !  

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #8,923 of 100,718
Quote:

Brwaak ! brwaak !    ...surface ! surface !   ...target sighted !

Short news break !   ...Been spending alot of time playing around with my new Fiio E12 amp.
Of all the gears I have tried, plugged into the E12, guess which completely blew my mind ?
Forget S500, heck ! you can even forget WS99,   ...Sansa Clip Zip playing wav file thru the E12 and JVC S400 !!!   never in my life did I expected them to sound like they do with with this budget amp !

Incoming !    ...brwaak ! brwaaaaak !   ...DIVE ! DIVE !  

See even this guy knows.  Even though he's amping an amped signal with a fiio (no offense meant, kind of a purist in regard to double amping.  Fiio products and me just dont see eye to eye).
The S400 even with two things I don't do or use still sound better than the S500.  And with that 24k bling....

S400>ES7>KSC75>Citiscape Downtowns>Brainwavz HM3>Sony MDRZX100>Coby Jammerz>S500

I think I'm gonna Gold plate the es7's and throw some of that wire on it too.  (guy didn't reply on the trade to confirm so no go)....double bling bling!

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #8,925 of 100,718
Quote:
S400>ES7>KSC75>Citiscape Downtowns>Brainwavz HM3>Sony MDRZX100>Coby Jammerz>S500

I have the KSC75's, the Uptowns (but have heard the Downtowns) and the S500, so I find your above list to be, um, interesting. What is it again that you don't like about the S500's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back