The discovery thread!
Apr 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #8,866 of 106,548
So the treble driver is carbon nanotube and the bass driver is carbon diaphragm. Excellent! I already have a feeling this will be my premier headphone (blowing my A900X away - which I love). There will no need for me to buy the WS99. Brass with a silver cable. I definitely don't need to repurchase the FXZ200. I can be satisfied with my FXZ100 and the SZ200. I'm willing to be that the price drops down quickly from $350 and some change. This looks to be my dream headphone! I'm excited!

http://translate.google.com/translate?&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww3.jvckenwood.com%2Fpress%2F2013%2Fha-sz2000.html

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #8,867 of 106,548
By the way, I don't care what the graphs say, the CKS1000 is the best sounding universal IEM I own right now. I have over 100 hours on it now, and the instrument separation and placement is just astonishing! It has great width and depth (back and forth) within the soundstage. The bass lives up to its name of "solid." Actually there's not too much or too little bass, it's just perfect and clean. Backing vocals are behind the lead vocals. I don't know if it's the driver they chose or this chamber system, but I have heard anything this good in a universal (especially a dynamic) accept for maybe the ASG-2. I'm still waiting to hear that again. And I still have love for my FXZ100 (it keeps getting better and better), but the CKS1000 still outpaces it. My advice would be to stop listening to those who comment on earphones/headphones just based on graphs, but who haven't actually heard the product. Sure, I will concede that a a FR can give a piece of the picture (sometimes), but it definitely can't give the whole picture until you've heard it yourself. Happy listening!

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #8,868 of 106,548
Quote:

Lucky you! If they were under $200 (as opposed to close to $400) I might be tempted. So, I'll be living vicariously and enviously through you!

You have that WS99 that I still want to hear, waynes world, but I'm probably not going to buy it now that this double driver full-size cnt JVC headphone is coming out. I knew my JVC boys would could swinging back after AT started whupping their tails. lol

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #8,869 of 106,548
Quote:
So the treble driver is carbon nanotube and the bass driver is carbon diaphragm. Excellent! I already have a feeling this will be my premier headphone (blowing my A900X away - which I love). There will no need for me to buy the WS99. Brass with a silver cable. I definitely don't need to repurchase the FXZ200. I can be satisfied with my FXZ100 and the SZ200. I'm willing to be that the price drops down quickly from $350 and some change. This looks to be my dream headphone! I'm excited!

http://translate.google.com/translate?&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww3.jvckenwood.com%2Fpress%2F2013%2Fha-sz2000.html

I'm just glad that there isn't going to be this huge hype over these things. Thank God. LOL! I think these things will be going into hype-r drive!

Quote:
By the way, I don't care what the graphs say, the CKS1000 is the best sounding universal IEM I own right now. I have over 100 hours on it now, and the instrument separation and placement is just astonishing! It has great width and depth (back and forth) within the soundstage. The bass lives up to its name of "solid." Actually there's not too much or too little bass, it's just perfect and clean. Backing vocals are behind the lead vocals. I don't know if it's the driver they chose or this chamber system, but I have heard anything this good in a universal (especially a dynamic) accept for maybe the ASG-2. I'm still waiting to hear that again. And I still have love for my FXZ100 (it keeps getting better and better), but the CKS1000 still outpaces it. My advice would be to stop listening to those who comment on earphones/headphones just based on graphs, but who haven't actually heard the product. Sure, I will concede that a a FR can give a piece of the picture (sometimes), but it definitely can't give the whole picture until you've heard it yourself. Happy listening!

+1000! Perfectly said. They are freakishly good.

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #8,870 of 106,548
Quote:
You have that WS99 that I still want to hear, waynes world, but I'm probably not going to buy it now that this double driver full-size cnt JVC headphone is coming out. I knew my JVC boys would could swinging back after AT started whupping their tails. lol

If you're really nice eric, I'll consider a trade
biggrin.gif

Seriously, if they are any better than the 99's, they will be spectacular.

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #8,871 of 106,548
Quote:

I'm just glad that there isn't going to be this huge hype over these things. Thank God. LOL! I think these things will be going into hype-r drive!

+1000! Perfectly said. They are freakishly good.

waynes world,

The CKS1000 is not universal standard for best sounding natural drums (displacing the GR07). Natural sounding, robust, three-dimensional, and full-sounding glorious drums and percussion instruments. 

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #8,872 of 106,548
Quote:

If you're really nice eric, I'll consider a trade
biggrin.gif

LOL Trade for the SZ200 (that I don't own yet?) ... What a pal! lol. Thinking what do I have that you could possibly want? Hmmm?

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #8,873 of 106,548
 LOL Trade for the SZ200 (that I don't own yet?) ... What a pal! lol. Thinking what do I have that you could possibly want? Hmmm?

You know WAYNE is considerate like that. :wink:

Hey I also have those WS99s, AND I live in the states, makes for faster shipping. Hoho

Sorry WAYNE had to back stab ya' but there is no mercy for those SZ2Ks, every man for themselves!!! :p

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #8,874 of 106,548
Quote:
waynes world,

The CKS1000 is now universal standard for best sounding natural drums (displacing the GR07). Natural sounding, robust, three-dimensional, and full-sounding glorious drums and percussion instruments. 

There, that's better!
smile.gif
  And yes, the GR07BE's are great, but the 1000's are simply more of everything of what you said above.

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #8,876 of 106,548
Quote:
You know WAYNE is considerate like that.
wink.gif

Hey I also have those WS99s, AND I live in the states, makes for faster shipping. Hoho

Sorry WAYNE had to back stab ya' but there is no mercy for those SZ2Ks, every man for themselves!!!
tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #8,877 of 106,548
Quote:
You know WAYNE is considerate like that.
wink.gif

Sorry WAYNE had to back stab ya' but there is no mercy for those SZ2Ks, every man for themselves!!!
tongue.gif

lol

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #8,878 of 106,548
Quote:
How 'bout those FXZ200 though???
biggrin.gif

The FXZ200/100 are good (very good) with drums, but a bit streaky depending on the recording. The CKS1000 is consistent and never let's you down. The drums never become over-bloated.

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #8,880 of 106,548
Quote:
Has anyone here heard JBL speakers? When it comes to speakers they are my favorite brand, and I'd be curious to hear headphones that have a similar sound signature. Anyone know of any?

JBL has gone through many phases like most companies. If you can tell us which JBL, that may help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back