The discovery thread!
Feb 9, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #72,301 of 106,609
Feb 9, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #72,303 of 106,609
Anecdotally, in earbuds atleast, I prefer bery timbre over LCP drivers. I think there's still room for them along the way.
I think exactly the same, I also value DD biocomposite above LCP and for IEM I especially prefer DLC (single DD)....

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #72,304 of 106,609
I did a little search and it is not recommended to use an adaptor for 4.4 to 3.5. Apparently it does change the sound and it is not advised from an electrical standpoint. I don't have a lot of balanced connects and I have heard various opinions on this subject. But I decided to buy the 4.4 for Timmy's collab. I have some dac/amps with balanced connects so this should be ok.
An adapter should never change the signal in anyway, when ordering a cable with 3.5mm and 4.4mm they are the same cable the whole way to the jack.

Then inside the jack it's connected with separat ground for each ear on balanced or the ground is summed together on 3.5mm single ended. This also the same what happens inside a converter for 4.4mm to the 3.5mm.

If your afraid of a change just get something like this, then it's no cable inside the adapter changing anything.

54479997-95888511-11453-org.jpg

Also avoid impedance adapter as they will change the sound.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #72,305 of 106,609
Any of you guys going to buy Timmy's collaboration iem?

HiFiGo LETSHUOER x GIZAUDIO Galileo Dual-Driver Hybrid in-Ear Monitor, 10mm Dynamic Driver + Balanced Armature Unit IEMs in-Ear Earphones (4.4mm Plug)​

I am thinking about it. Amazon in the U.S. only offers the 4.4 connect. I have generally purchased the 3.5 in most iems, but it might be worth it to get this. I am a little inexperienced with adapters. Can you get a 4.4 to 3.5 adapter and how does it impact sound if at all?
Oh wow. Was expecting way less... I am more than sure now about getting AQ4

Feb 9, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #72,306 of 106,609
I did a little search and it is not recommended to use an adaptor for 4.4 to 3.5. Apparently it does change the sound and it is not advised from an electrical standpoint. I don't have a lot of balanced connects and I have heard various opinions on this subject. But I decided to buy the 4.4 for Timmy's collab. I have some dac/amps with balanced connects so this should be ok.
Hmm the pricing sounds a bit above my expectation, if $60, I’d buy but not for $100. Especially after seeing TRI’s Star River, Turhear Zero/HEXA. $100 for me for that set up is a bit too much of asking. I will pass until it becomes to reasonably asking level.

If there is a choice, I only go balanced listening.

In regular highly compressed lossy pops or rock it doesn’t make a huge difference. But on higher resolution one, diffusion of like cymbals will have better dynamic illustrations on balanced out. More sense of space.

Technically most of DAP/DAC dongle/Amp utilizes dedicated DAC chips /amp module and peripherals for each Left and Right channel, meanwhile 3.5 single end mode only utilize one chip and circuits.
A4407D9D-0DA9-47F1-AFC6-3E9BF71A3F2E.jpeg

If your DAP is equipped with dual DACs and circuits why not utilize it at its best?

In a simple analogy, balanced = bi/twin turbo, unbalanced, single turbo. For driving in town, no big use for biturbo, but when on highway/race circuits, they make difference.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #72,307 of 106,609
Feb 9, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #72,308 of 106,609
Ooh look! It's a CCA CKX with Moondrop Spring tips!
It’s this T-Ear tips, Spring Tips has wider bore and they handle acoustic resonance in a different manner especially the treble area, both has good match ob Monitor style tuning as well as V-tuned IEMs
TRN T-Ear tips:
▶︎Same quasi-latest gen silicone used for Moondrop’s SpringTips
▶︎Great material to trim somewhat boomy and loose bass dynamic driver while taming excessive spikes on treble (which works great for many TRN /KZ’s V-tuned IEMs!)
▶︎Pretty reasonably priced (I got it as $4.62 for 3 pairs of L-size)

Good match:
▶︎AFUL Performer 5 ; it trims somewhat loose bio-diaphragm transient response while assuring P5’s raison detre , the additional dimension of bass imaging articulation. P5 x T-Ear Tip on classical = very mind blowing contrabass and horn performance, speaker‘s subwoofer like resonance.

▶︎Monarch ; same to Moondrop’s Spring Tips, T-Ear tips has good harmonic match with Monarch’s somewhat slow responding dynamic subwoofer, while Spring Tips will render more sparkle for Monarch, T-Ear tips will tone it a little bit down, a calmer tuning which actually fits better for long time listening

▶︎Minor model changed current issue of KZ ZS5; T-Ear tips has good synergy with new ZS5, it will tame ZS5’s treble to a safe line that won’t cross the line, of which with stock ear tips ZS5 had some offensive spots. It has good synergy with the dynamic driver of ZS5 as well.

Overall, pretty nice new ear tip sets to welcome. price is fair, material is premium, fits snugly ,a great ear tip T-ear tips are.

I like how TRN calls their ear tips “waveguide” as many IEM brands seemed very reluctant that ear tips are indeed very important final wave product delivery channel. A barrel for firearms they are.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #72,309 of 106,609
There is a thread here, where someone measured cable and adapter in resistance (dc only). There is a huge difference in the quality of adaptors. Especially dd-hifis dj series got bad measurements. But bad means in this case something around 60miliohm, while a cable may have 180milliohm, so the question is, how high is the impedance of your headphone. While something like a Variations with 15ohms will be impacted much more from the 0.06ohm of an adaptor than something like a dunu sa6 ultra with 60ohms. The Gallileo has 14ohm, so you should look for an adaptor with a low impedance. Take a look here.

Feb 9, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #72,310 of 106,609
Feb 9, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #72,311 of 106,609
DUNU Titan S
-2 cycles of online 60min burn-in session completed
[guide]
03E60687-50C2-4E4A-ABF4-45B8CD23532C.jpeg

9D3A6CE9-51CA-49DB-9DE8-58B6966463B7.jpeg

-3hours of initial listening
-still trying with all stocks
-sadly I was expecting S&S tips to come with it, no…

▶︎Tuning sounds nostalgic, reminds me of HEXA, but top end has noticeable dip which makes overall impression as colored “beautiful” timbre.

▶︎Reminds me of more energetic version of Aria

▶︎Linear phasing is very good! Imaging focus is above average within LCP gang.

▶︎Driver spec wise it is high-end LCP grade = Aria OG, Truthear’s

I will try more with Titan S.

So far so good! Not mind blowing to someone already familiarized with proper LCP single dynamic, but it will be an upgrade from entry grade ones like Tripowin Lea.

Certainly a choice between
Truthwar HOLA or Moondrop Aria OG(not SE, that’s Starfield 2.0) or DUNU Titan S.
For someone:
▶︎Doesn’t feel Beryllium or Titanium coated dynamic driver provides a natural sounding timbre
▶︎Likes softer /thinner and non-metallic treble on dynamic driver
▶︎Likes more organic sounding sub-bass

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #72,312 of 106,609
Oh wow. Was expecting way less... I am more than sure now about getting AQ4
I
Hmm the pricing sounds a bit above my expectation, if $60, I’d buy but not for $100. Especially after seeing TRI’s Star River, Turhear Zero/HEXA. $100 for me for that set up is a bit too much of asking. I will pass until it becomes to reasonably asking level.

If there is a choice, I only go balanced listening.

In regular highly compressed lossy pops or rock it doesn’t make a huge difference. But on higher resolution one, diffusion of like cymbals will have better dynamic illustrations on balanced out. More sense of space.

Technically most of DAP/DAC dongle/Amp utilizes dedicated DAC chips /amp module and peripherals for each Left and Right channel, meanwhile 3.5 single end mode only utilize one chip and circuits.
A4407D9D-0DA9-47F1-AFC6-3E9BF71A3F2E.jpeg
If your DAP is equipped with dual DACs and circuits why not utilize it at its best?

In a simple analogy, balanced = bi/twin turbo, unbalanced, single turbo. For driving in town, no big use for biturbo, but when on highway/race circuits, they make difference.
Maybe someone can correct me, but I’ve haven’t seen a Letshouer product that’s less than $80 USD (disregarding sale price).

Feb 9, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #72,314 of 106,609
I

Maybe someone can correct me, but I’ve haven’t seen a Letshouer product that’s less than $80 USD (disregarding sale price).
That pricing isn’t competitive enough in the market of 2023 IMHO. Major volumes are $sub 50, Sonion BA barely adds $10 bare cost to dual DD replacement.
$10 for 12mm LCP (Hola is $18.99 for this 12mm LCP)
$30-40 for Sonion 2389
Even add rest of the cost, $100 is a bit of too much on profit margin. Timmy charges $30 per set?

I see competitive pricing for Galileo as $65 ($60 + $5 Timmy thanks).

If I was in charge of pricing

$65 regular offer + $7 timmy thanks = $72.

Now they ask for $100.

Too greedy.

It’s not that I can’t buy, but it’s more of exchanges on pricing rationale. “Give us your 💴 “ I can hear from that price tag.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #72,315 of 106,609
My biggest concern with the Galileo is that I have a very different music library than Timmy, he is very K-pop/jpop and female vocal as I have understood from his videos.

Still might give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back