The discovery thread!
Dec 2, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #68,149 of 102,558
Who is that Pokemon?! HBB, Crinacle or Zeos?
Many of the collaborations are ignored! Anyone remember the..........

https://majorhifi.com/the-yanyin-x-hbb-mahina-has-been-released-at-linsoul/

Yep, fully forgotten and it came out in August!
9026A126-6B4E-4E19-A97D-54EF18F3B557.jpeg

Dec 2, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #68,150 of 102,558
Dec 2, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #68,151 of 102,558
Dec 2, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #68,153 of 102,558
GS Audio is rare anywhere, they're a OEM that started to sell their (base) models some time early last year. So they are only available through their AE store. As each IEM is made to order, for a small fee they can be customized with different shells (resin only), logo's and a metal nozzle (stock on some models). But as a result it takes them a week to produce the IEM. They also come with almost no accessoires and used to come with crap cables, regardless if you spend $60 or $600. But that seems to have been adressed and they should come with better cables now.

I'm not sure if anyone on Head-Fi has the ST10 but you can always ask in the GS Audio tread.
i have ST10 and GT12. GT12 is balanced than ST10 but technicalities are meh. Hot mess with tons of distorted drivers jammed together 12BA.
ST10 Is VE’s copy, but they V-tuned it too much. That makes ST10 hard to recommend except to someone got bored of normal and delightful tunes like myself. The potential of ST10 is very high and oh yea for BASS. It will knock your ear drums.
if you crin to rate ST10 he will surely give it a F- for tonality and D for tech. But it’s something, a one trick pony that provides one and the only experience.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #68,154 of 102,558
Maybe because the price is "important". And Yanyin is not much famous as brand, as Dunu for example. Crinacle said something about the original version (no hbb) and looks like they are overpriced.
Totally agree! Where price is always a factor, but results matter too, even if they are proven or not. The DUNU SA6 ULTRA sold-out in a day or two! It was a rare commodity! Still I have no idea as to why they would limit production to put a cap on sales? It seems they could have sold at least 2X as many ULTRAs by now? :)

Maybe there is no way of estimating the popularity? Like movie houses which have a blockbuster movie that sells all the tickets!

Sold out! Due to demand! Yet if they were smart they would have a second showing right next door for overflow!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #68,155 of 102,558
My Tangzu Waner SG Review is now up and its my new tonal balance and naturalness ultra budget benchmark, like a mini Zetian Wu but with less performant techicalities....yet at 20$ these arent disastrous in that regard at all. It include comparisons against Moondrop Chu, Tangzu Shimin Li and Tanchjim Tanya, the latter being closer to tonal balance of Waner.
Tonality crush is very subjective, yet, when its great for all arounder its a blessing too.

THE PLUS
-Well balanced smooth neutral signature
-full bodied bass and mids
-warm chunky bass
-wide soundstage
-decent layering
-great male and female vocal presence and body
-natural tone and timbre
-Supreme all arounder
-Great packaging
-Great sound value

THE MINUS:
-upper treble roll off
-lack of treble sparkle, snap and air
-average resolution
-not cleanest sound
-not best bass separation

Dec 2, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #68,156 of 102,558
I remember this time last year, it was Seeaudio x Crinacle. The hype was real. People (or at least Reddit people) refresh the Seeaudio page daily and speculate on the mysterious product. I can’t recall any collab reaching that level again. It was exciting time, for sure. (Or maybe I was simply new and easily excited :dt880smile:)

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #68,157 of 102,558
I remember this time last year, it was Seeaudio x Crinacle. The hype was real. People (or at least Reddit people) refresh the Seeaudio page daily and speculate on the mysterious product. I can’t recall any collab reaching that level again. It was exciting time, for sure. (Or maybe I was simply new and excited :dt880smile:)
The only "collab", I would consider would be of Crinnacle. ZEX pro was a good effort, very sad to see him bowing to the "crowd" about drivers that were perfectly in place and well tuned by him, given obvious limitations. Dioko is a good reference.
Zeos - I am not much aware of (I do not watch youtube much).
HBB was banned here for a very good reason, and I am not touching anything of him by any means.

Dec 2, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #68,158 of 102,558
KZ PR1 Pro review from HiFri, the man behind QoA Gimlet

I was eagerly waiting for this review hoping to see him dissect it like he did with PR1 Hifi and compare the two innards
But apparently he like it so much, he won't dissect it.
He said, "maybe i'll open the faceplate later but that is as far is i go."

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #68,159 of 102,558
The only "collab", I would consider would be of Crinnacle. ZEX pro was a good effort, very sad to see him bowing to the "crowd" about drivers that were perfectly in place and well tuned by him, given obvious limitations. Dioko is a good reference.
Zeos - I am not much aware of (I do not watch youtube much).
HBB was banned here for a very good reason, and I am not touching anything of him by any means.
Technically Helios and Triton are “collab” between Toranku & friends (Subtonic) with Symphonium :dt880smile: If we just judge by graph and reviews, those must be the most achieving collabs next to the Dusk.

Anyhow, Chi-Fi manufacturers, or at least the emerging ones, seem to master the “well-tuned” game fast. I don’t think they need reviewers teach them how to tune their stuffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back