The discovery thread!
Jul 29, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #63,991 of 100,065
1659086876784.jpg

Today I bring you something different. Instead of IEMs or sources, I'll be covering the best earbud I've ever had the chance to try.

In fact, stratch that. Serratus is one of the best transducers I've ever heard and everyone knows I'm a picky one. Oh and did I mention that it is built by one of our own head-fiers, @tgx78?

Hope you enjoy the reading as much as I enjoyed hearing these.

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:22 AM Post #63,992 of 100,065

Today I bring you something different. Instead of IEMs or sources, I'll be covering the best earbud I've ever had the chance to try.

In fact, stratch that. Serratus is one of the best transducers I've ever heard and everyone knows I'm a picky one. Oh and did I mention that it is built by one of our own head-fiers, @tgx78?

Hope you enjoy the reading as much as I enjoyed hearing these.
200$ hmmm
Screenshot_20220729-172153_AliExpress.jpg

it is also worth adding that transparent plastic is very fragile and is not recommended for use, it is usually replaced.

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #63,993 of 100,065
The AP80 Pro X /Fiio FD3 combination continues to impress. This sounds amazing:

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #63,995 of 100,065
Thanks for your input, I guess.
if you like the sound, then probably its price for assembly and parts - it's worth it :)

Jul 29, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #63,996 of 100,065
200$ hmmmScreenshot_20220729-172153_AliExpress.jpg
it is also worth adding that transparent plastic is very fragile and is not recommended for use, it is usually replaced.
F352E29E-3B96-4C3E-A1CC-420D5F5627C6.jpeg

This is what I use for my paintings.
Under $20 yay!
:)

Jul 30, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #63,999 of 100,065
Hello. I'm sorry, I haven't found the specific thread for FiiO FHE Eclipse earphones, so I've decided to ask here: is it normal that I find FHE not as bassy as the crinacle positioned them? When I've read about them, I thought that it'll be my dream iems (as a basshead), but in the end I found it to be just a little bass elevated, but definitely not bass monsters/cannons. Maybe this specific earphones will get better after a full burn in, but as of now, I think FiiO FD3 are bassier, Audiosense AQ0 are a lot bassier, and Tri I3 Pro is a superior in bass quantity over FHE. Is anyone thinking the same, or is it just me?

Jul 30, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #64,000 of 100,065
Hello. I'm sorry, I haven't found the specific thread for FiiO FHE Eclipse earphones, so I've decided to ask here: is it normal that I find FHE not as bassy as the crinacle positioned them? When I've read about them, I thought that it'll be my dream iems (as a basshead), but in the end I found it to be just a little bass elevated, but definitely not bass monsters/cannons. Maybe this specific earphones will get better after a full burn in, but as of now, I think FiiO FD3 are bassier, Audiosense AQ0 are a lot bassier, and Tri I3 Pro is a superior in bass quantity over FHE. Is anyone thinking the same, or is it just me?

I have the FHE and find it bassy when it needs to be. There’s plenty of mid bass, but I’d say it more sub bass focused. Have you tip rolled? I’ve found normal to narrow bores sound the best for me. A No name grey silicone pair I got with the OG tri i3 works best for me. I get a very good fit with them.

Mids are decent, and the treble is okay but the weak link. Not a ton of warmth. I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite, but it does surprise me at times with imaging and soundstage depth. It’s not great for busy tracks, I find snares in particular sit back or get lost at times. Ambient, and film scores can sound great though. I still listen to it more than other sets I think are technically better (Kato, Midnight, etc).

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #64,001 of 100,065
I have the FHE and find it bassy when it needs to be. There’s plenty of mid bass, but I’d say it more sub bass focused. Have you tip rolled? I’ve found normal to narrow bores sound the best for me. A No name grey silicone pair I got with the OG tri i3 works best for me. I get a very good fit with them.

Mids are decent, and the treble is okay but the weak link. Not a ton of warmth. I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite, but it does surprise me at times with imaging and soundstage depth. It’s not great for busy tracks, I find snares in particular sit back or get lost at times. Ambient, and film scores can sound great though. I still listen to it more than other sets I think are technically better (Kato, Midnight, etc).
I've tip rolled a lot with these, I have KBEar 08 eartips, which are one of the most bassy tips I've ever heard, and they aren't capable to elevate bass to the amount that will satisfy the basshead in me. But they work well on I3 Pro and AQ0 though. None of the other tips I own worked, and I've got a plenty. I just feel that FHE is not a basshead IEM, it's not capable of bringing slam that I3 Pro can bring.

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #64,002 of 100,065
I've tip rolled a lot with these, I have KBEar 08 eartips, which are one of the most bassy tips I've ever heard, and they aren't capable to elevate bass to the amount that will satisfy the basshead in me. But they work well on I3 Pro and AQ0 though. None of the other tips I own worked, and I've got a plenty. I just feel that FHE is not a basshead IEM, it's not capable of bringing slam that I3 Pro can bring.

Yeah, I wouldn’t call it a true bass head set. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on the i3 pro a number of times.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #64,004 of 100,065

Have you tried Final Audio Type E Black tips? They suited me best with FHE. I get enough bass when the notes are low enough like in this song but it does not enhance everything with bass. It is very much a sub bass focused basshead IEM as opposed to the usual bass cannon V type signature.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #64,005 of 100,065
You need to use harder tips such as azla sednaearfit short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back