The discovery thread!
Jul 31, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #64,021 of 101,779

A new IEM from ivipQ​

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004512790988.html
ivipQ-100-Flagship-Resin-HIFI-IEM-10mm-1DD-Driver-Music-Earphone-Detachable-0-78mm-2pin-Earbud.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

S11ee6e25593948d19dd935dda57666e2h.jpg

Headphone parameters

1. Product name: ivipQ HIFI Flagship Audiophile In-ear Earphone Monitor

2. Brand:ivipQ

3. Model:ivipQ-100

4.Product type: In-ear

5. Impedance: 30Ω

6. Eerphone sensitivity: 26dB/mW

7. Frequency range: 20-20000Hz

8. Earphone plug type:3.5mm straight plug

9.Connector: Detachable 0.78mm 2pin

10. Cable Length: About 1.2m±1.25cm

11.Whether with Mic: No Mic

12.Color:Standara Black

13.Shell material : Resin

14.Cable material: 4 core sterling silver wire

15.Drive unit: 10mm+1DD

Jul 31, 2022 at 11:37 PM Post #64,022 of 101,779
I own a Hiby R2 as backup DAP. It hasn't failed... yet. Found out about the history of battery problems after I bought the damned thing. I've bought a few other Hiby products (FD1,FD3 and FC3), none have batteries!
I thought my Hiby R2 had passed the mark of failure, because it happened within 4 months with the R5, but after about a year, it too had the battery failure, and Hiby wants me to pay about $50 each and shipping to fix them. I'd rather save my money and buy a more reliable DAP.

Aug 1, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #64,024 of 101,779
Aug 1, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #64,026 of 101,779
feels like, every reviews that comes out will make me regret that i didn't take this when it still $42.
It's worth ^$$$$^. While timbre slightly off, it's incredible, just get it!

Aug 1, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #64,027 of 101,779
It's worth ^$$$$^. While timbre slightly off, it's incredible, just get it!
In the Discord, the KZ rep mention that it was build while targeting QDC Anole V14
It makes me want to know, how far AS16 Pro can go compared to QDC V14

Also to note, it was build with 18ohm impedance in mind.
it seems there will be mild changes if the source is powerful enough or using 18~30 ohm impedance adapter

Aug 1, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #64,028 of 101,779
In the Discord, the KZ rep mention that it was build while targeting QDC Anole V14
It makes me want to know, how far AS16 Pro can go compared to QDC V14

Also to note, it was build with 18ohm impedance in mind.
it seems there will be mild changes if the source is powerful enough or using 18~30 ohm impedance adapter
I have two pairs of qdc Anole V3s, and I have heard the qdc Anole VX, but not the qdc Anole V14. I believe in burn-in and these have none. But I believe the crossovers get affected. I have only tried 2 cables and not even got to my DAPs yet. I’m using the UA3 and a phone. But I’m amazed, they show much more detail than any KZ I have heard. It’s like the Anole VX, but not as intense, I read reviews which said these were forward too, too much for rock? No way. They do rock great. The difference from true $$$$ flagships is the timbre is slightly off, but nothing truly wrong or disturbing. Also the timbre thing, starts to go away the more you listen?

The sound is actually slightly laid back, with the UA3 anyway. The bass is incredible in that it’s fast and has it’s own way about it. The tune is so right in that it’s smooth and complete, also correct to a point. In a way it’s even, but there is a slight clump together, but I have been listening to way more expensive IEMs. This is by far a miracle that they can do all this for this price. The soundstage is relatively big, but best of all every frequency is represented? And there is fast instantaneous response and fall-off, which has a charm of it’s own. Yes, you can hear all the drivers, and yes, there is a slight bumblebee sound, but it’s soft and inviting?

They don’t have the treble of the Anole VX, it’s softer and smoother? Probably almost smooth to a fault, but I love it. They are like the Noble K10 Encore in that guitars are kind of buzzy and electric, yet falling back into this base (not bass) that’s a soft pillow. They really are like a more relaxed Noble Encore, with not as big soundstage, and not quite the bass separation or delineation? Also not quite as low as the Encore bass, but a relatively fast bass like the Encore.

Edit:
I get now how people are calling them forward, just tried them with the WM1Z, and they just show whatever your source is. More laidback with the UA3? Still this is like a TOTL, flagship experience? Amazing! The timbre issues are almost forgotten too?

Edit 2:
They really just expound on whatever you feed them. The WM1A has about a perfect presentation. The bass is amazing. Yet they are more midcentric.....now....than the WM1Z, less treble intensity!

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #64,029 of 101,779
Aug 1, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #64,030 of 101,779
I'll definitely wait for serious reviews so I don't just have a cheaper version of the poorly tuned 24BA KZ AST in my drawer. I think caution is always needed when KZ "randomly" experiments with multiple inexpensive BAs. But, as they say, hope dies last😉
Right! I think KZ does have a sordid history, especially with the latest driver fiasco.

Look at the first review here. He has heard more KZs than I.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/knowledge-zenith-kz-as16-pro.25953/

TFZ Exclusive 3, KZ ED16, KZ ZS5, KZ ATE, KZ EDX, KZ EDX-PRO, KZ ZEX, KZ ES4, TFZ My Love Edition, TFZ S2, VE Monk IE Smalls, VE Monk IE Biggie, TRN V80, TRN V30, CCA CA16 Pro, CCZ Emerald, Audiosense AQ0, KZ ZEX PRO/ CRN, TinHiFi T3 Plus, NiceHCK DB1, CCA CRA, CVJ ANGEL WINGS, CVJ Demon, CCA CA10, TKZK Wave, BLON BL-07, BQEYZ KC2, BQEYZ Summer, KZ X HBB DQ6s, NF Audio NM2, TRI Meteor.

These are tuned perfect, you’ll see! :)
But they are a window into whatever source you use.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #64,035 of 101,779
And that doesn't effect the overall sound quality? It is a multi driver unit and then some.
It affects the sound signature.
Thr green curve there is actually using TRI TK2 as the source that has the reported (by users rather than the maker) output impedance: Zout of the SE output is close to 10Ω, while the Zout of the balanced output is almost 20Ω.
(The graph is likely using balanced output, but it may need to be confirmed)

The significant part of the signature is arguably the source.
What I personally hear with the 30-Ohm adapter is a bit different: less mid bass, more punchy bass, more upper mids, i.e. loosing some warmth at higher source inpedance.
TK2 may be an ideal source for AS16 pro - the tightly knitted ChiFi village :) :)

P. S. KZ purportedly tuned AS16 pro using an 18-Ohm source/tuning gear - if you are interested, look for more information in recent discussions in the KZ thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back