The discovery thread!
Apr 29, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #62,671 of 101,420

Came out 80 seconds ago.

Apr 29, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #62,672 of 101,420
Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #62,674 of 101,420
Guess what I found on aliexpress. cus thats where you find Sennheiser stuff for cheap .

1651205658761.png

$170- $247 too. Shocking how cheap they can sell these official looking ones. Sorry folks tried to post a link but I noticed my links from aliexpress dont ever work anymore for some reason. IN any case these now are being sold on Aliexpress. I think if you go into the search bar and type in IE900 you will find many expamples.

Watch out on the sales thread. If you see someone selling these for cheap like $500-$600. You now know why. These have officially been duped.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #62,675 of 101,420
Guess what I found on aliexpress. cus thats where you find Sennheiser stuff for cheap .

$170- $247 too. Shocking how cheap they can sell these official looking ones. Sorry folks tried to post a link but I noticed my links from aliexpress dont ever work anymore for some reason. IN any case these now are being sold on Aliexpress. I think if you go into the search bar and type in IE900 you will find many expamples.

Watch out on the sales thread. If you see someone selling these for cheap like $500-$600. You now know why. These have officially been duped.
this is old story about this diy... copyes

CA/Sennh/Light Harmonic/etc brand iems do not buy on Aliex :)

Apr 29, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #62,677 of 101,420
Apr 29, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #62,678 of 101,420
CCA CRA+ early review,

tl;dr
Cleaner bass, better bass note weight , less boom,
More forward mid, more weight on male vocals, more controlled smoother female vocals,
Treble is not as bright, less fatiguing, better extension and better rolled off.
Smoother transition bass > mid > treble
Soundstage, vocal is in front of instrument instead of fighting for the same spot which improve the overall imaging by a bit

---

It seems it fixed one issue that makes me give away my CRA to my coworker,
the double price still kinda hurts but i'll order one along with Chu. even tough with lock down, hopefully it didn't take too long to arrive
I need a beater iem.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #62,680 of 101,420
Any measurements for KBear Aurora 2022?

The Aurora 2022 is essentially the same internally as the Aurora released last year, just the colour of the shell is now different.

KBEAR Aurora.jpg

Graph of the Aurora via IEC711 compliant coupler. The 8/9 kHz area is a coupler artefact peak.

Essentially, the Aurora is quite a harmanish set. I think it is a direct upgrade over the BLON BL-03 in most departments - in fit, build, timbre, technicalities. Both sets have big midbass.

Think of the Aurora as a BL-03 with better technicalities - it has a very analoguish, warm and lush signature, not the most technical/detailed compared to $100 - 200USD single DD sets. Timbre is very good. It is a set for chilling and relaxing to music rather than an analytical/critical listening set.

Apr 29, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #62,681 of 101,420
The Aurora 2022 is essentially the same internally as the Aurora released last year, just the colour of the shell is now different.

KBEAR Aurora.jpg
Graph of the Aurora via IEC711 compliant coupler. The 8/9 kHz area is a coupler artefact peak.

Essentially, the Aurora is quite a harmanish set. I think it is a direct upgrade over the BLON BL-03 in most departments - in fit, build, timbre, technicalities. Both sets have big midbass.

Think of the Aurora as a BL-03 with better technicalities - it has a very analoguish, warm and lush signature, not the most technical/detailed compared to $100 - 200USD single DD sets. Timbre is very good. It is a set for chilling and relaxing to music rather than an analytical/critical listening set.
If that peak is indeed not there in listening then that is a pretty solid response if a bit bassy, hence the 03 reference, I got it.

Apr 29, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #62,683 of 101,420
CCA CRA+ early review,

tl;dr
Cleaner bass, better bass note weight , less boom,
More forward mid, more weight on male vocals, more controlled smoother female vocals,
Treble is not as bright, less fatiguing, better extension and better rolled off.
Smoother transition bass > mid > treble
Soundstage, vocal is in front of instrument instead of fighting for the same spot which improve the overall imaging by a bit

---

It seems it fixed one issue that makes me give away my CRA to my coworker,
the double price still kinda hurts but i'll order one along with Chu. even tough with lock down, hopefully it didn't take too long to arrive
I need a beater iem.

Interesting. I will be keeping an eye on these.

Apr 29, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #62,684 of 101,420
I recently bought the IMR Ozar on the classifieds. They were very good but the bass was definitely compromised. Speaking to Bob the owner of IMR, he asked me to send them in. 4 days later I had a brand new IMR Ozar.....and it sounds exceptional. The best DD I've ever heard. I'd just bought a Shanling M3X from a new UK retailer Elise Audio owned by ...Sound Jedi, and at an exeptionally reasonable price....its good to see the UK giving such great customer service and making some of the best IEMs....and supplying good Chinese brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back