The discovery thread!
Aug 10, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #58,937 of 104,631

Or this text from "Desiderata" would seem appropriate:
"
GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself."

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #58,938 of 104,631
"
GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself."
I am an easy person, too.
1628596612680.png

per meze's head-fi Ad, @ usd.67 I am content...
1.PNG

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #58,939 of 104,631
"

Thanks for the reminder.

I have always held these words close to my heart, after it was read to me by a teacher, although I can never remember idioms and saying word-for-word, it is the principles I remember and hold dear. With that and humility you find peace of mind.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #58,940 of 104,631
No, from this particular brand not yet. @dabaiyan and I share penchant for land of the rising sun IEMS.
I got (3) Jap. brand iems. Price of entry for a pair is quite attractive.
But like you, I'm fully drained for this year...
I do like me some more Japanese IEM because I listen to a looooot of anime music, and their IEMs are always tuned for J-pop.
For those interested in 634ears, you can follow them on twitter, they constantly post beautiful pictures of their products. You can also DM them about more info. From what I can gather, I think the RAIV is the most popular IEM they make right now, though it is quite a bit more expensive.
I'm still burning in my T8IE, but I think I like it with the air hole closed for now, the sound feels richer, and there is a 3D soundstage, which is pretty impressive. And they also isolate surprisingly well. But the included cable is not great, so I think a cable change is required.

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #58,941 of 104,631
Here is a discovery for anyone who's still interested in those. 634ears iems handmade from Japan, takes over a month from ordering for them to be made. I think you can choose any wood or engraving you'd like. I ordered a pair of T8IE-S and loving them so far. They are very musical but smooth sounding, no harsh peaks or muddiness anywhere, still burning them in though.
What's unique is that these have a "c-ring" system, which is just a plastic ring on the stem of the IEM to cover up the air flow and slightly tweak the sound, holes covered provide more bass. More elegant solution to the tape mod so many perform I guess.
20210809_083630.jpg20210809_083644.jpg20210809_083658.jpg

In comparison to the Acoustune house sound, overall towards neutral? (ring open setting)

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #58,942 of 104,631
In comparison to the Acoustune house sound, overall towards neutral? (ring open setting)
I would say so, with the holes open, there is a bit more treble energy, which is why the bass feels a bit less, and not sibilant. Overall, there is definitely less upper-mid/ treble peak and more bass impact whether the holes are open or not. Bass texture may not be as refined as acoustune but it's very enjoyable, dynamic but not overpowering. It's also more mid-centric than acoustune, which I do appreciate.

Aug 10, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #58,943 of 104,631
I am an easy person, too.
1628596612680.png
per meze's head-fi Ad, @ usd.67 I am content...
1.PNG
I love that song a lot! and it's one of my wife's favorite songs, but she cries every time I play it.
She has an incredibly hard job, working as a victim's advocate- meaning she helps crime victims dealing with murders, domestic violence, sexual assaults, child molestation, etc.
The love of music is something we share very closely, it's definitely our escape from the bad things to keep us tied to the good things on this earth.
I think we here, at the end of the day, share that love despite our sometimes 'family' bickering. I've been listening to BennySings new "Music" album so much the last month or so. His sound is so upbeat but his lyrics often bely deeper things: "Music, help me through this, I can't do this all on my own..."

To digress to actual forum stuff, my wife is the person I've asked you kind folks for advice for a few times. The one with the tiny ears. I recently tried again, unsuccessfully, to put the GK10 in her ears, I thot since they were smaller (and that heart shape, lol) she might could wear them, but she just couldn't. With your help last year, I bought the Final Audio e1000, and e500, which are the only IEMs she has EVER been able to wear, and then she still has to use the smallest final audio tips provided! I've tried using those tips on several of my other iems, but the housings are too big to even fit in her outer ear too. She is still in love with those earphones, but knows other ones could sound better if she was physically able to wear them. And she of course has access to listening to music on my high-end speaker systems. Anyone know of any other iems of the tiny variety that might be an option for a SQ upgrade for her? I thank you all for your help for the past final audio recommendation, and any other suggestions!
Let's all keep enjoying the music.

Aug 10, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #58,945 of 104,631
I love that song a lot! and it's one of my wife's favorite songs, but she cries every time I play it.
She has an incredibly hard job, working as a victim's advocate- meaning she helps crime victims dealing with murders, domestic violence, sexual assaults, child molestation, etc.
The love of music is something we share very closely, it's definitely our escape from the bad things to keep us tied to the good things on this earth.
I think we here, at the end of the day, share that love despite our sometimes 'family' bickering. I've been listening to BennySings new "Music" album so much the last month or so. His sound is so upbeat but his lyrics often bely deeper things: "Music, help me through this, I can't do this all on my own..."

To digress to actual forum stuff, my wife is the person I've asked you kind folks for advice for a few times. The one with the tiny ears. I recently tried again, unsuccessfully, to put the GK10 in her ears, I thot since they were smaller (and that heart shape, lol) she might could wear them, but she just couldn't. With your help last year, I bought the Final Audio e1000, and e500, which are the only IEMs she has EVER been able to wear, and then she still has to use the smallest final audio tips provided! I've tried using those tips on several of my other iems, but the housings are too big to even fit in her outer ear too. She is still in love with those earphones, but knows other ones could sound better if she was physically able to wear them. And she of course has access to listening to music on my high-end speaker systems. Anyone know of any other iems of the tiny variety that might be an option for a SQ upgrade for her? I thank you all for your help for the past final audio recommendation, and any other suggestions!
Let's all keep enjoying the music.
There are single BA models like etymotic or KBear neon that might work

Aug 10, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #58,947 of 104,631
DSC08550.JPGDSC08551.JPG
Smallest shell is by far the Rose QT9-Mk2. Not to mention it has a fantastic tuning. I would consider all 3 of these on the smaller but as you can see
the Rose is the smallest. The only other IEM I can think of that might work for her is the DUNU DK2001
DSC08552.JPG
I would imagine if she can fit the Dunu DK2001 she shouldn't have any issue fitting the Rose QT9-Mk2 in her ears.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #58,948 of 104,631
DSC08550.JPGDSC08551.JPG
Smallest shell is by far the Rose QT9-Mk2. Not to mention it has a fantastic tuning. I would consider all 3 of these on the smaller but as you can see
the Rose is the smallest. The only other IEM I can think of that might work for her is the DUNU DK2001
DSC08552.JPG
I would imagine if she can fit the Dunu DK2001 she shouldn't have any issue fitting the Rose QT9-Mk2 in her ears.
Thanks, Dsnuts! I was already interested in the Rose myself just for your and others tuning descriptions, but didn't even realize how small the shell is! It really looks significantly smaller than GK10. I'll look further into it.
I've also been looking at some wireless (TWS) options, which I think she would really want too, but most of them are really chunky.
I bought the MIFO 07 last year, which sound pretty good for wireless. And I've noticed Hiby has the new tws WH2, that looks to me like a rebranded version of the mifo07 (with the added Sony LDAC codec). But she still can't wear the 07 (too big) and I think the stem is really short, so putting those tiny tips she needs on it, there isn't enough clearance between the stem and shell to hold it into her ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back