The discovery thread!
Aug 10, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #58,951 of 101,733
I love that song a lot! and it's one of my wife's favorite songs, but she cries every time I play it.
She has an incredibly hard job, working as a victim's advocate- meaning she helps crime victims dealing with murders, domestic violence, sexual assaults, child molestation, etc.
The love of music is something we share very closely, it's definitely our escape from the bad things to keep us tied to the good things on this earth.
I think we here, at the end of the day, share that love despite our sometimes 'family' bickering. I've been listening to BennySings new "Music" album so much the last month or so. His sound is so upbeat but his lyrics often bely deeper things: "Music, help me through this, I can't do this all on my own..."

To digress to actual forum stuff, my wife is the person I've asked you kind folks for advice for a few times. The one with the tiny ears. I recently tried again, unsuccessfully, to put the GK10 in her ears, I thot since they were smaller (and that heart shape, lol) she might could wear them, but she just couldn't. With your help last year, I bought the Final Audio e1000, and e500, which are the only IEMs she has EVER been able to wear, and then she still has to use the smallest final audio tips provided! I've tried using those tips on several of my other iems, but the housings are too big to even fit in her outer ear too. She is still in love with those earphones, but knows other ones could sound better if she was physically able to wear them. And she of course has access to listening to music on my high-end speaker systems. Anyone know of any other iems of the tiny variety that might be an option for a SQ upgrade for her? I thank you all for your help for the past final audio recommendation, and any other suggestions!
Let's all keep enjoying the music.

Do you have a Sennheiser store anywhere near where you both live?

Aug 10, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #58,953 of 101,733
I love that song a lot! and it's one of my wife's favorite songs, but she cries every time I play it.
She has an incredibly hard job, working as a victim's advocate- meaning she helps crime victims dealing with murders, domestic violence, sexual assaults, child molestation, etc.
The love of music is something we share very closely, it's definitely our escape from the bad things to keep us tied to the good things on this earth.
I think we here, at the end of the day, share that love despite our sometimes 'family' bickering. I've been listening to BennySings new "Music" album so much the last month or so. His sound is so upbeat but his lyrics often bely deeper things: "Music, help me through this, I can't do this all on my own..."

To digress to actual forum stuff, my wife is the person I've asked you kind folks for advice for a few times. The one with the tiny ears. I recently tried again, unsuccessfully, to put the GK10 in her ears, I thot since they were smaller (and that heart shape, lol) she might could wear them, but she just couldn't. With your help last year, I bought the Final Audio e1000, and e500, which are the only IEMs she has EVER been able to wear, and then she still has to use the smallest final audio tips provided! I've tried using those tips on several of my other iems, but the housings are too big to even fit in her outer ear too. She is still in love with those earphones, but knows other ones could sound better if she was physically able to wear them. And she of course has access to listening to music on my high-end speaker systems. Anyone know of any other iems of the tiny variety that might be an option for a SQ upgrade for her? I thank you all for your help for the past final audio recommendation, and any other suggestions!
HZ Sound Heart Mirror is quite a small IEM and sounds great. It's a pity the Smabat NCO is not available, that would have been perfect. Another small model is the TRN M10, which would suit if a V signature is acceptable.

Aug 10, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #58,954 of 101,733
After the initial trickle of Geek Wold GK10 recommendations, the tidal wave hit - just before I was scheduled to leave for a Summer Holiday.
So, now that I'm back home, it's time to order a set, and see just how good they sound.
I see that Penon currently only has the blue in stock ($45.90, Free Shipping) - https://penonaudio.com/geek-wold-gk10.html
And, HiFiGo on Amazon only has the red in stock ($54.99, Free Prime Shipping) - https://www.amazon.com/Earbuds-Earphones-Monitor-Piezoelectric-Audiophile/dp/B099K92JQP/
I'm trying to decide whether a week's quicker shipping is worth the extra $9?
And, for those who've heard them ... :ksc75smile: Which color sounds better? :wink: :sunglasses:

I was able to get a set from a Head-Fi'er who's here in the USA, and they were in the mailbox when I checked this morning.
Had to go in to work early, so I'm taking a 2-hr Lunch break.
I've been listening to the GK10, with a VE SPC cable, connected to the Balanced output on my Onkyo DP-X1B DAP, for the last hour & 45-minutes. They've got pretty awesome Mids & Treble (clarity & "air"), and a sense of low Bass - waiting for the dynamic drivers to "burn-in" / loosen-up some.

Aug 10, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #58,955 of 101,733

Any bullet shaped IEM will super small and comfortable for someone who wants a small IEM. Like you can check eBay for Sony MH1 available for ~$25. Will be a refreshing change for sterile Final E series IEMs.

Moondrop Quarks looks like a very good alternative. I have one on the way but should definitely be comfortable and sound good. Another great alternative is Tanchjim Tanya. Safe tuning with comfortable build.

If something with detachable cable is a requirement then Tennmak Pro is a good shout with a U-shaped tuning, if that's ok.

Aug 10, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #58,956 of 101,733
Thanks, looking at HE100 too!
I see Rose also has QT7 Pro and Mini2, which I'm sure aren't as good as QT9, but even smaller?

Any small TWS anyone knows of?
I tried to get my wife to use any earphones i had - she stuck to her apple wired ones until i offered the Astrotec S60. She also has tiny ears.
I think the S80 fit also, but the S60 are smaller.

smallest tips too.

slips and sits into the ear easily. As a non (obsessive) audiophile - i think she is less likely to make sacrifices about fit or convenience. Is it easy? Does it work? Being the main questions probably.

*just make sure to show how to use them. And that they arent back to front and upside down :)

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #58,957 of 101,733
I've been looking at the CFA Honeydew for a few weeks now, and the latest reviews posted here continue piquing my interest. Does anyone here have any opinions in regards to using the Honeydews for metal?

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #58,958 of 101,733
By the way, I think I'm gonna place an order for 634EARS SARN-II tomorrow. Snakewood shell.

As per their claim through insta dm,
"Then...

I recommend the hardest of rosewoods, such as snakewood, granadillo, Honduran rosewood, and Guatemalan rosewood

The bass is strong and the sound is bright and has a beautiful resonance."

Looks like up my alley. Gonna play a gamble here.

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #58,959 of 101,733
By the way, I think I'm gonna place an order for 634EARS SARN-II tomorrow. Snakewood shell.

"Then...

I recommend the hardest of rosewoods, such as snakewood, granadillo, Honduran rosewood, and Guatemalan rosewood

How much will that set you back?

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #58,960 of 101,733

"Then...

1628626972060.png

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #58,961 of 101,733
How much will that set you back?
About 180 USD including shipping.

Mainly I am getting pulled in by the wooden housing coupled with titanium diaphram DD, and the subsequent timbre. That and the price is quite safe for blind buy, hence going for it. I hope I'll not get burnt...

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #58,962 of 101,733
Aug 10, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #58,963 of 101,733
About 180 USD including shipping.

Mainly I am getting pulled in by the wooden housing coupled with titanium diaphram DD, and the subsequent timbre. That and the price is quite safe for blind buy, hence going for it. I hope I'll not get burnt...
Don't get it via FedEx, DHL, DTDC etc. India Post or Japan Post will be best to avoid that scamming fee that's levied under the guise of customs.

If yours is a good one then I might go for their complete wooden IEM. I really liked that rosewood one.

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #58,964 of 101,733
By the way, here are some more details of the sound, auto translated by google from their official website:

Screenshot_20210811-021007_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210811-021020_Chrome.jpg

Kind of feeling like I should go for the stabilised wood housing, as that makes the sound a bit darker...and I already have my fair share of energetic DD iems...

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #58,965 of 101,733
Don't get it via FedEx, DHL, DTDC etc. India Post or Japan Post will be best to avoid that scamming fee that's levied under the guise of customs.

If yours is a good one then I might go for their complete wooden IEM. I really liked that rosewood one.
Yup, getting through EMS Speedpost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back