The discovery thread!
Jul 14, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #57,856 of 101,284
The main reason why I don't rate the Titan 6 high is their bass quality/reproduction, as quoted below; it just sounds as if the driver's mass were too high wherefore it just lingers around and sounds blunted; quite weird and unnatural - the tuning itself is okay although not entirely perfect/ideal/natural (still okay in the price range/category, although I'd personally take other IEMs over the Titan 6 in terms of tuning). Really, there are so many other comparably priced (DD, hybrid, single-BA, multi-BA) in-ears that I'd personally choose over the Titan 6, including the Titan 1/3/5 (that are all tuned peakier/splashier/sharper/less natural in the treble, but have "something" to them and are superior when it comes to bass quality).
Thanks for clearing that up!

Jul 14, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #57,857 of 101,284
I have been thinking for several IEMS that TFZ is not very friendly to varying profiles and now I have received the TFZ My Love 4 to give me a slap in the mouth. Well, I'm really glad, to be honest.

TFZ My Love 4.jpgTFZ My Love 4.png

Jul 14, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #57,858 of 101,284
The graphs show that they have a lot of lower treble (3kHz~5kHz) but a big scoop after that in the mid-treble. The peak at 4.2 kHz is probably triggering many people’s treble sensitivity while the drop-off afterwards likely leads to a lack of sparkle and possibly air.

1626243404937.png
NiceHCK Lofty vs NF Audio NM2+.png

As is likely, the peak at 8kHz may be due to resonances.
Do you have a method to avoid them?
On the other hand my mic is a fan of sub bass, like the owner, haha.

Jul 14, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #57,860 of 101,284
NiceHCK Lofty vs NF Audio NM2+.png

As is likely, the peak at 8kHz may be due to resonances.
Do you have a method to avoid them?
On the other hand my mic is a fan of sub bass, like the owner, haha.
Sorry, that graph is not mine 😅

Jul 14, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #57,862 of 101,284
Jul 14, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #57,865 of 101,284
I honestly still like the nm2+ and keep them in my collection. That graph scares most of the people. However, I haven't heard anything fatiguing.If you use a warm sounding copper cable, it sounds much better.

BTW, after all that praise, I have problem with the Aria... That the connector on the right side got loose. I have never had a set of IEM that has such a problem with 2 pin. I wrote to the customer service. Waiting for a solution...

Jul 14, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #57,866 of 101,284
Here is where graphs are a bit missleading. I also don't find the NM2+ so offensive. The graph makes it look like it will invade your brain with too much upper mids but it isn't liket that at all. It is more marketed for monitoring and in that sense it is highly detailed and I agree with brsdrgn. It sounds great with a copper cable. I will be getting the NA2+ Supposedly a bit more musical in tuning vs the NM2+. We will see.

Jul 14, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #57,867 of 101,284
Here is where graphs are a bit missleading. I also don't find the NM2+ so offensive. The graph makes it look like it will invade your brain with too much upper mids but it isn't liket that at all. It is more marketed for monitoring and in that sense it is highly detailed and I agree with brsdrgn. It sounds great with a copper cable. I will be getting the NA2+ Supposedly a bit more musical in tuning vs the NM2+. We will see.
I've read that na2+ has a bit more fun signature. Nm2+ is really analytical. Na2+, however, seems like trying to be relax and not trying to make you pay attention to the details all the time.

Jul 14, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #57,868 of 101,284
NM2+ and NA2+ are not so different, just a bit really.

I received the Tanchjim Hana v2 today, they are really nice looking. I listened to them briefly OTB and they sounded a bit boring. Biggest disappointment is that they didn't come bundled with a complimentary bottle of Channel 5.

Jul 14, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #57,869 of 101,284
Wait wait wait..so which is it? Are the Lofty's treble impaired or are they treble monsters. They can't be both ways. I owned the NM2+, and those were godsmacked with treble, to the point where those offended even my very treble toleration. So either the graphs are full of s--t on the Lofty's, or the reviews are full of s--t. Again, it can't go both ways, folks.
I also have NM2+ and agree with headsmacking piecing edgy sharp treble, it’s not tolerable for me as well. But I do read some hyped review of NM2+, of which I’ve noticed a trend that the reviwer is over 50yo and from other preferred IEMs I could tell his/her has possibly impaired hearing on high frequencies, so to that group NM2+ would sound very neutral. Lofty’s case might also following that course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back