The discovery thread!
May 15, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #56,536 of 100,364
I know that T2 was fine because even I have a couple of them. But what I'm implying is that you might have a defective cable which leads to something like this. TRN QC is not the best for all we know and like Slater mentioned most of the 16 core cables will have a few cores unsoldered especially the ones which are sold for cheap by KZ, TRN and all.

T2 is one of my favourite cables but I'm stating one of many possibilities of what you perceive. At the end of the day, what matters most is whether you enjoy the sound or not. If you do then that's that :)
I have actually been wondering if my stock Summer cable had some sort of "defect" (due to lower loudness at same volume level compared to the TRN T2). However, I've been trying it out on the BL-Mini but I'm not hearing any significant change/changes.

Is this an exhibit of audiophile placebo or a proof that there are "cable sensitive" IEMs out there? Or maybe it's just about the fit 🤔?

Honestly speaking, I have noooo idea.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #56,537 of 100,364
I have actually been wondering if my stock Summer cable had some sort of "defect" (due to lower loudness at same volume level compared to the TRN T2). However, I've been trying it out on the BL-Mini but I'm not hearing any significant change/changes.

Is this an exhibit of audiophile placebo or a proof that there are "cable sensitive" IEMs out there? Or maybe it's just about the fit 🤔?

It has been discussed multiple times: the susceptibility of IEMs to sound differently with different cables is determined by their impedance relative to the "chain" (cable plus source,) (the 1/8 rule, etc).
Definitely, the source is also an important part of the story: the weaker it is - the more different differences :)
That is a bit ironic to me - instead of getting better sources, many invest in $50+ cables...
Actually, in my limited experience, the most ardent "cable believers" are reviewers with their "unbiased opinion" for free test samples...

May 15, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #56,538 of 100,364

Exactly as @PhonoPhi explained. It's more about sources and impedance rather than the cable.

May 15, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #56,539 of 100,364
It has been discussed multiple times: the susceptibility of IEMs to sound differently with different cables is determined by their impedance relative to the "chain" (cable plus source,) (the 1/8 rule, etc).
Definitely, the source is also an important part of the story: the weaker it is - the more different differences :)
That is a bit ironic to me - instead of getting better sources, many invest in $50+ cables...
Actually, in my limited experience, the most ardent "cable believers" are reviewers with their "unbiased opinion" for free test samples...
Definitely. My source is also quite "weak" compared to others (HUD100 MK2) 😝

I just jumped out of the "cable makes a difference ship" and hopped on to the "get the best quality cable with the lowest impedance bus."

FWIW, I'll never buy 50 USD cables at full price. My most recent cable purchase is a Faaeal Hibiscus for 7 USD, bought mainly for the looks and to be paired with the Audiosense DT200.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #56,540 of 100,364
Definitely. My source is also quite "weak" compared to others (HUD100 MK2) 😝

I just jumped out of the "cable makes a difference ship" and hopped on to the "get the best quality cable with the lowest impedance bus."

FWIW, I'll never buy 50 USD cables at full price. My most recent cable purchase is a Faaeal Hibiscus for 7 USD, bought mainly for the looks and to be paired with the Audiosense DT200.
May I know where can you get faael hibiscus for 7USD?

Thanks.

May 15, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #56,541 of 100,364
May I know where can you get faael hibiscus for 7USD?

Thanks.
Bought it on Shopee, a SEA-exclusive online platform.

The original price was 11 USD. Store had a voucher less 1, I had voucher and coins less ~4. It would actually be 6 USD if I had a free shipping voucher. Shipping is a dollar.

May 15, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #56,544 of 100,364
Screenshot_20210515_225127_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, how they say :) 🙈

May 15, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #56,545 of 100,364
I have a new fun video for you, my friends!!

This time we're looking together at a Fun tuned IEM, from Campfire Audio!!

The Dorado 2020 has been probably the IEM I used the most so far in 2021, if I have to quote myself from the video, so I invite you to check out what I liked so much about it, and why it is so high in my list :)

I do my best to keep a fair attitude towards it though, so please expect some remarks and honest notes about my daily life with it ~

May 15, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #56,546 of 100,364

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, how they say :) 🙈

I've got a pair of these. There is a good driver in them but it's tuned too bright and QC is very poor, better have some glue around, fit is a bit problematic and cables aren't really MMCX. The Wolf head one is tuned much better IMO and has easier fit.

May 15, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #56,547 of 100,364
May 15, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #56,548 of 100,364
Just received the Lotoo PAW 6000 and I love how it can extract every last bit of detail in tracks. Excellent pairing with the Dunu Zen.

IMG_0059.jpg
IMG_0069.jpg

May 15, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #56,550 of 100,364
What dap are you coming from (to LP6k), may I ask?
Cowon Plenue R2/Questyle QP1R/A&K Kann Alpha. It resolves better than all three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back